SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 01-21-2023, 08:08 AM
Sage Expert

Is there a way to change "Timed Record" to real name?

Hello.. CBS in my area splits Face the Nation into two shows, first half is on 8.1, second half during football season and sometimes it does it not during football seasons on 8.2. Setting any type of record for that second half other than a Timed Record does not record the second half. They have been doing this for a couple years now. It seems like there should be a way to do this. I know I could rename it afterward but my DW likes this show and cannot seem to grasp that its a weirdly named show for the second half. Right now its called "Timed Record Recurs Weekly" in the schedule. Tks Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg timedrecord.jpg (19.3 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-21-2023, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
Hello.. CBS in my area splits Face the Nation into two shows, first half is on 8.1, second half during football season and sometimes it does it not during football seasons on 8.2. Setting any type of record for that second half other than a Timed Record does not record the second half. They have been doing this for a couple years now. It seems like there should be a way to do this. I know I could rename it afterward but my DW likes this show and cannot seem to grasp that its a weirdly named show for the second half. Right now its called "Timed Record Recurs Weekly" in the schedule. Tks Bill
Have you tried 2 passes specifying the different Channel on each.
Old 01-21-2023, 08:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
Have you tried 2 passes specifying the different Channel on each... or a second pass with keyword "Face the Nation" and specify channel.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:39 AM
Sage Icon

Maybe try the "Name Timed Recording" plugin?
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 01-21-2023, 11:39 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Maybe try the "Name Timed Recording" plugin?
WOW Thanks! I installed it on the server side and created a new timed recording and was able to rename it at that time. Sweet!

It looks to be working! -Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg timedrecordnamechanged.jpg (44.5 KB, 30 views)