SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:43 PM
SageTVaholic

2000th Reply

Thanks for the great plugin!

B
Old 06-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Still struggling with webserver access to HD extender

Could someone send me a legal command for the webserver to do anything on the extender ?

In this example, the Extender's mac address is 00abcd00abcd and the sage server is 192.168.1.100 with the webserver set up at 8080
For example,

http://192.168.1.100:8080/sage/SageC...de&confirm=yes

The error returned is
UI Context: "00abcd00abcd" is not active:
Sage Extender is not connected
use: /sage/SageCommand?command=<command>&context=<context>

I figure none of this is working so it must be my syntax, specifically the context piece.

I set debug_logging=TRUE and the extender is being discovered and all that good stuff. The extender works fine over IR but I really want to be able to drive it via the webserver as it allows me to select content without navigating menus.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 06-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Actiontec dsl router

Has anyone been able to make this work outside your network using an Actiontec DSL router? No matter what I do I can not make it work. My server is Vista. Is there anything special anyone has had to do with Vista as far as UAC. My UAC is off so the sage folder is not public could there be anything to that?
Old 06-26-2008, 02:05 AM
Sage Icon

Do you have remote admin turned on on the router? If this uses the same port as the webserver it will cause problems...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 06-26-2008, 04:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Nope already checked that
Old 06-26-2008, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

Do you have another router in addition to the actiontech?

Those actiontechs are modem/router combos and provide DHCP and NAT so opening a second router and forwarding there will be of no use.

Obviously you must have firewall open on the port and that port forwarded to the Sage server.

Does your server have a static IP on your LAN? If not it will need one, otherwise where would you forward to?

Do you have a static IP address from your ISP? If not you should look at dynamic DNS to make sure you are making requests to your LAN.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Could someone send me a legal command for the webserver to do anything on the extender ?

In this example, the Extender's mac address is 00abcd00abcd and the sage server is 192.168.1.100 with the webserver set up at 8080
For example,

http://192.168.1.100:8080/sage/SageC...de&confirm=yes

The error returned is
UI Context: "00abcd00abcd" is not active:

I figure none of this is working so it must be my syntax, specifically the context piece.

I set debug_logging=TRUE and the extender is being discovered and all that good stuff. The extender works fine over IR but I really want to be able to drive it via the webserver as it allows me to select content without navigating menus.

Thanks,
Mark

http://USER:PASSWORD@192.168.1.100:8...bcd&command=TV

HTH
Old 06-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

This works!

For anyone having trouble getting webserver to work outsid of your home network I found a fix that works for me! Install hamachi https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/list.asp
When hamachi logs in it givs you another ip address you use that one to access sage webserver
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/Sage/Home
This will bypass your firewall (to some point) and do the port forwarding for you!!
Old 06-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
Thanks.
I will try it, but suspect the login/passwd is only required the first time in a browser session since the rest of my http://192.168.1.100:8080/sage/SageC...I&command=YADA works just fine. The first access in a browser session will pop up a user/passwd prompt.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

On my ongoing attempt to get the webremote/webserver to talk to the HD Extender...

I attempted a complete reinstall of the Sage server (6.4.4. beta) and only did the modifications included in the installer. I am running on Vista Ultimate 64 on the Sage Server. The webremote's Connected Clients recognizes the other sage clients on the network but does not see the HD extender. The extender works fine directly (via IR), but I am still unable to get the webremote to acknowledge it exists. Attempts to use sagecommands with the context=MAC or context=IPADDR result in the same error messages as before.

UI Context: "192.168.1.1XX" is not active:

Is it possible I have a network issue ? The extender can see the server, playback files from it, etc. The sageclients all work as well and the server can see the clients, but the webserver cannot control the extender. What could it be ? Is there anything obvious to look for in the sagetv_0.txt file that indicates an extender is connecting or trying to connect?
31000 and 31099 are wide open on the server.

I do get the following line in the log file
Fri 6/27 22:45:16.764 Saving properties file to clients\00abcd00abcd.properties
Where 00abcd00abcd is the mac address of the extender

Last edited by MarkV; 06-27-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

HD extender + Webserver problem continues

Okay, I'm tired of plucking around with Sage.properties, various installs, etc. I've got a $50 amazon gift certificate for the individual that provides me the right hint that solves my webserver access to hd extender problem. Since I might get so lucky as to have multiple people that provide solutions, I will award to the first one that I judge had significant impact. I will report the winner and the solution provided here in case anyone is worried about keeping me honest for $50 (it's only $50 after all).

Setup
Vista SageTV server - 192.168.1.111 - has webserver installed on it
XP SageTV Client - 192.168.1.112 - has encoder on it
XP SageTV Client - 192.168.1.155 - has webserver installed on it as well
HD Extender - 192.168.1.113

SageTV is running as a service on the Vista SageTV server node above.

All are on same network. No DHCP addresses for any of these. 31000 and 31099 are open for the SageTV server. Trend Micro Internet Security Pro is running on the server (happy to disable to test theories - I've tried).

SageTV 6.4.4 beta installed on server and clients. Latest nielm webserver installed on Vista SageTV server and one of the XP clients.

HD Extender has the 20080604 firmware. HD extender recognizes the SageTV server and can play back media from it, see the guide, everything but work with the webserver. The sagetv_0.txt file reports the client/macaddr.properties file is being generated when the HD extender is turned on.

Attempts to do
http://192.168.1.111:8080/sage/Home work fine but the extender is not reported as a Connected Client

http://192.168.1.111:8080/sage/SageC...ddr&command=TV

generate

UI Context: "macaddr" is not active:

I have tried a clean (moved my existing Sage directories before installing) Sage server install followed by the nielm install as well with no change in behavior.

I can provide any or all config or log files if it helps (PM me)

If there is some other easy gift certificate that I can provide without a lot of pain or possible access to my account information, that can work too. I don't think Sage gift certificates exist yet.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:18 AM
Sage Icon

Reward or not, here's my suggestions:

- You didn't list what Java version you are using. If you're not running latest Java, I suggest to do so.
- Add SageTV.exe or SageTVService.exe (if you're running service mode) exception to Windows Firewall in Vista, or just disable Vista Firewall since you're using that Trend Micro one.
- Try a different port number for the webserver, you change it in sage.properties at the line: nielm/webserver/port=8080. Usually 8080 is reserve for the router's remote admin.

What does this link suppose to do? : http://192.168.1.111:8080/sage/SageC...ddr&command=TV

Also, why do you need to have the webserver installed on both the server and client?

I have tried SageTV on Vista 64bit before, and the webserver works fine, and it detects the HD and MVP extenders.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.

Last edited by mayamaniac; 07-01-2008 at 05:22 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sage is running as a service.

The webserver is installed on the client so I can control the client via TCP. I do not believe you can control a client from the server without the webserver installed on it. I am currently controlling the client and server over TCP from a Pronto TSU9600. It works great and allows me to specify the exact content to be played directly from the remote.

I'm happy to try any command for the web server. So far, none of them see the extender. The commands formed by the webremote does not work with the extender and generate the same message.

8080 works fine for both the client and server webserver. This is all on a local network at this point, so I am not coming in over the WAN where I believe 8080 could be redirected to the router/firewall. I will retry with some other number

Java version is 1.6_0_05 although I noticed the Program Files directory has 3 directories with 3 versions.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Java version is 1.6_0_05 although I noticed the Program Files directory has 3 directories with 3 versions.
Try removing the extra java's. That has caused problems in the past with Sage itself so it's possible that might cause problems with the web server.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:35 AM
SageTVaholic

You say you have port 31000 and 31099 are open but you don't say you have port 8080 open. Open that too. Shut off your Trend Micro and any Windows firewall running on any of your PCs. Turn off all clients except for the HD Extender. Uninstall all versions of java from the server except for the latest. Make sure the webserver on the client uses a port different from the port 8080 the server is using.

Once you see the HD Extender then back track to the offender stopping it from showing up.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

So, an obvious misunderstanding on my part of what is going on when running Sage in service mode

There's the SageTVService.exe - which uses a Sage.properties
There's the SageTV.exe on the server which uses a Sage.properties or SageClient.properties. I notice SageClient.properties (AppData version) updating on exit.
And then there's the SageTV.exe which uses the SageClient.properties.

I currently run as a service on the server and run SageTV.exe (not as a client) on the server. It appears to mostly act like a client since it touches SageClient.properties although it detects the local service and does not ask for a host. Should I be running SageTV.exe -client on the SageTV server box for any reason (assuming I have only one SageTV server on my network)?

It's Vista so there are properties files in Program Files\SageTV\SageTV and in Users\Username\Local\AppData\Virtual Store\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV

Currently, it appears the service looks in the program directory and the client looks in the Virtual Store.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

We have a winner - gplasky. The client/server port comment is what tipped me off. See above post for my stupidity. I believe (haven't confirmed yet) that my client was using the same 8080 port as the server and/or I may not have been running a webserver for the Sage service at all (possibly was just connecting to the SageTV.exe that uses SageClient.properties which doesn't talk to the extender).

Still trying to figure out exactly what I pooched, how to remain unpooched, etc, but I was able to webremote drive the extender which means it can be done from the Pronto.

Thanks for the help and sorry for spewing questions all over the thread.

Gplasky, drop me a PM.

Thanks again!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Sage Icon

Wow, that's one way to get problems solved! I'll admit, my interest peaked when I heard about a $50 gift card. Need to find something I want fixed, and offer something similar.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Saving Transcoded video streams

Is it "plausible" to save, as a file, a transcoded stream via the webserver?
(ie: uncompressed video on server>transcoder>internet>laptop harddrive)

While streaming a transcoded video, you loose the ability to FF,RR, pause because transcoding is done in real time. If you could save the stream, you can play it back at a later time without loosing media control.

Also because videos are transcoded in real time, the time it takes for a "transcoded file transfer" would be 1x the playback time, true? Or, would it compress at a faster rate for this kind of solution.

Its possible to playback recorded TV as its recording (live), any reason it couldn't be done with this?

Anyway to do this at all at this point? I know the webserver doesn't currently support this.

Last edited by jdamore; 07-09-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Post requests ignored due to encoding appended to Content-Type header

Firefox 3 does not allow overriding of the Content-Type header for POST requests and the default header value from FF3 is:

application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8

Post requests sent to the web server with this header are ignored because of the ending encoding specification. Can Serve.java be changed to accept these types of Content-Type headers?

Change line 1833 from:

if(WWWFORMURLENCODE.equals(getContentType()))

to:

if(WWWFORMURLENCODE.startsWith(getContentType()))

Ideally, if the charset encoding is present then the web server would honour that as well, but just accepting such headers and ignoring the charset would be more than enough.

This issue is causing a problem with my SJQ plugin. Details of the issue are here.

While in there, if you could increase the value of MAX_FORM_LENGTH to 100,000 or even 1,000,000 then that would be greatly appreciated as some users of SJQ have hit the 10,000 limit when submitting data to the server. Details of the issue are available here, here, and here.

Help appreciated.

Tags
web