SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:14 AM
Sage User

Search EPG misbehaving

Using the Search EPG feature of the webserver to find programs limited to category Golf, I get no results. I need to select Sports event (with or without Golf also selected), but then I get a list of all Sports events, including Golf. The Golf programs are categorized as Sports event/Golf. I'm guessing this is a behavior of the SageTV server and the webserver is simply reporting what it's been told. I've done a few other tests and it appears that only the first category listed for a program is checked.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Sage User

How to modify XML output when you click 'RSS' button?

Hi everyone !

Not sure if I should start a separate thread for this. Feel free to move me around.

How do I change the RSS name of the feed created when you click the "RSS" button to export a URL from the Search Box in the webserver? {nifty trick, by the way .. to have iTunes auto-download your compressed video files after they've been created by SageTV}

For example, I open up my web browser and click on this RSS link that SageTV created when I clicked the RSS button on the webserver Search window:

Code:
http://mywebserver:myport/sage/Search?SearchString=&searchType=TVFiles&Video=on&DVD=on&search_fields=title&filename=*.mp4&TimeRange=0&Categories=**Any**&Channels=**Any**&watched=any&dontlike=any&favorite=any&firstruns=any&hdtv=any&archived=any&manrec=any&autodelete=any&partials=none&sort1=airdate_asc&sort2=none&grouping=None&pagelen=100
This gives me back an RSS feed titled 'All Recordings matching "" '. I would like it to say "All Recordings." But how can I change that, where to look?

Also, each individual item inside the Podcast has quotes around the show name, and "at Aug 03, 2008 3:00 PM on - (30:00)" at the end; a screen real estate waster for me on my iPod because I already see the length and time of the show in grey at the bottom of the clip name.

What it should read (if possible) is:
The Gong Show With Dave Attell
30:00 7/25

instead of what it presently has:
"The Gong Show With Dave Attell" at Jul 25, 2008 12:00 AM on -

and all the iPod will show me is:
"The Gong Show Wit..."

Neverminding the title, can't reprogram the iPod, but how to get rid of the other clutter? is this a setting, preference, something I need to type in after I've created the RSS link? I would prefer to only have to set it up once, and not have to modify iTunes files EVERY time a new show comes in..

This plugin is amazing, by the way. I am grateful to those who made it happen, and to those who keep it working.

Thanks all for your assistance!
Old 08-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Sage Icon

Wow, while I have no advice on how to do that, that is amazing. Never thought about using iTunes that way, in order to transfer content to the iPod/Phone. I am planning on getting the iPhone next month, and this will make it a lot easier to transfer shows over to it...now just have to decide what shows I want on it...
Old 08-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Sage Icon

How do you have iTunes autodownload? I try and copy the generated RSS location into a Podcast, and it just dings at me, like the link is too long or something.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
How do you have iTunes autodownload? I try and copy the generated RSS location into a Podcast, and it just dings at me, like the link is too long or something.
I've never tried RSS with iTunes, but the wiki page might help...
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Mmmm, not sure what you did but in iTunes I went to Advanced > Subscribe to Podcast, and pasted in the URL that I had above (obviously changing for my webserver IP and port #) and I have things coming in fine that way. My only stumbling block right now is just the naming conventions which I am trying to modify.

Anyone .. Anyone .. Bueller .. Bueller .. ??
Old 08-04-2008, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

So.. I was frustrated by this very same thing and I ended up writing a script (bash in Linux) which looks for the shows I want, compresses to mp4 for iPod Touch, and places them in a web directory with a feed.xml file that does contain all the appropriate data entries. This is all done outside of SageTV, btw.

To obtain the data, I used nielm's xml generator. That said, someone with real programming skills will need to modify the RSS generation so that it includes the appropriate bits.

B
Old 08-04-2008, 05:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANightHawk View Post
How do I change the RSS name of the feed created when you click the "RSS" button to export a URL from the Search Box in the webserver?
Add "&title=my custom title" to the URL... (added in v2.21)

There is currently no way of changing the titles of each show in the results though...
Old 08-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
I've never tried RSS with iTunes, but the wiki page might help...
Thanks, that explains it.

I wasn't aware that the URL could be shortened, and still work.

On a second note, it is annoying to see shows duplicated in the Sage UI, can I put the compressed versions in a folder that is not an import directory in Sage, and still have the webserver able to find them in a search?
Old 08-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
Add "&title=my custom title" to the URL... (added in v2.21)

There is currently no way of changing the titles of each show in the results though...
Absolutely, mindbogglingly, BRILLIANT!!

nielm, this is definitely a step in the right direction. Thank you so very much for digging up that info. I am now able to sort and manage my auto-converted TV shows in iTunes and things look good.

My RSS feed is as follows, in this case it's for Unbeatable Banzuke; tested and downloading right now. Just copy-and-paste into iTunes under Advanced > Subscribe to Podcast ... Obviously change webserver and port to the proper values.

Code:
http://webserver:port/sagepublic/Rss/Search?SearchString=Unbeatable+Banzuke&searchType=TVFiles&Video=on&DVD=on&search_fields=title&filename=*.mp4&TimeRange=0&Categories=**Any**&Channels=**Any**&pagelen=10&title=Unbeatable%20Banzuke
Question though, why do you believe the podcast title of each show can't be changed in the same way? [I'm referring to "Unbeatable Banzuke" at Aug 5, 2008 12:30am on -"]. Isn't that an autogenerated form somewhere, just like the page/feed title? I don't mind changing some code if it won't interfere with SageTV operation ..
Old 08-05-2008, 05:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Question though, why do you believe the podcast title of each show can't be changed in the same way? [I'm referring to "Unbeatable Banzuke" at Aug 5, 2008 12:30am on -"]. Isn't that an autogenerated form somewhere, just like the page/feed title? I don't mind changing some code if it won't interfere with SageTV operation ..
I meant that there is no simple way of changing how the RSS titles are generated: the java webserver code would have to be changed...
Old 08-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
On a second note, it is annoying to see shows duplicated in the Sage UI, can I put the compressed versions in a folder that is not an import directory in Sage, and still have the webserver able to find them in a search?
I guess this doesn't work, as the web server only finds one of two copies of a recorded show. One is in an import directory, the other is not, and it won't find that copy.

Is there a way to avoid having a recording showing up twice in the recordings section of Sage?

EDIT, Nevermind, it does seem to find files in non import directories, as long as they aren't identical files (i.e., same extension)...cool.

Last edited by geogecko; 08-05-2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Also, each individual item inside the Podcast has quotes around the show name, and "at Aug 03, 2008 3:00 PM on - (30:00)" at the end; a screen real estate waster for me on my iPod because I already see the length and time of the show in grey at the bottom of the clip name.
I made a Yahoo Pipe to try to take care of your issues. Give it a shot. Go here:

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.in...3RG9tlvjw0muhA

Fill in the url of your feed, hit "run pipe" and then grab the RSS feed it generates and see if it is more to your liking.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I guess this doesn't work, as the web server only finds one of two copies of a recorded show. One is in an import directory, the other is not, and it won't find that copy.

Is there a way to avoid having a recording showing up twice in the recordings section of Sage?

EDIT, Nevermind, it does seem to find files in non import directories, as long as they aren't identical files (i.e., same extension)...cool.
Are you saying it finds files that aren't in an import directory or a recording directory? The webserver searches the SageTV database, and I wouldn't think that would know about anything else. It must be getting late...

Also, make sure you select the right search type option: EPG Airings, Recorded TV Files, or Imported Media Files. That will affect the results you see.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:31 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslatt View Post
I made a Yahoo Pipe to try to take care of your issues. Give it a shot. Go here:

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.in...3RG9tlvjw0muhA

Fill in the url of your feed, hit "run pipe" and then grab the RSS feed it generates and see if it is more to your liking.
cslatt and nielm, I *BOW* to your technical prowess. Many MANY thank you's. This rocks. I never even heard of Yahoo Pipes before tonight, and it seems to do the trick nicely. I am jumping for joy!

Couldn't have done it without you either, and my WAF just shot through the roof. Now she can watch her Oprah without lifting a finger except her thumb!

Y'all rock

Last edited by CANightHawk; 08-06-2008 at 05:17 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
Are you saying it finds files that aren't in an import directory or a recording directory? The webserver searches the SageTV database, and I wouldn't think that would know about anything else. It must be getting late...

Also, make sure you select the right search type option: EPG Airings, Recorded TV Files, or Imported Media Files. That will affect the results you see.
It was late, but in a strange turn of events, something completely unexpected is happening now.

My import directories are:
/media_d/videos
/media_d/pictures
/media_d/dvd
etc.

A NON-IMPORT directory is:
/media_d/iPhone

When I compress a video, I send the compressed version to the above directory, and guess what? SageTV still imports it? So what is up with that?

I double checked, and the base /media_d directory is not listed as an import directory, for obvious reasons.

So, SageTV and the webserver are seeing that directory, even when they shouldn't be...
Old 08-07-2008, 03:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

playing files on iphone

Hi,

I got the server working, can access via my iphone but can not play. Any way to make files play on a iphone? mpgs? or the converted mp4's?

Also, the mpg files stream over the net fine to a computer, but the mp4s that I converted will not play. Anything I am missing?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Homebuilder; 08-07-2008 at 03:26 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It was late, but in a strange turn of events, something completely unexpected is happening now.

My import directories are:
/media_d/videos
/media_d/pictures
/media_d/dvd
etc.

A NON-IMPORT directory is:
/media_d/iPhone

When I compress a video, I send the compressed version to the above directory, and guess what? SageTV still imports it? So what is up with that?

I double checked, and the base /media_d directory is not listed as an import directory, for obvious reasons.

So, SageTV and the webserver are seeing that directory, even when they shouldn't be...
SageTV is seeing the file, because it compressed the file and added it to the database. Maybe a note to support with a feature request to not do so would be in order. I'll send one too.

B
Old 08-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks, I went ahead and submitted it, but I can see why they would do that.

If they do not add it to the database, and someone is using in place compression, then instead of their TV recordings showing up in the recordings, they would show up in Imported Videos.

So, really an option would be what is needed, possibly defaulting to adding it to the database, as more people would probably just be using in place compression, than for something like a portable video device.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:12 AM
Sage Icon

Hi nielm/jreichen,

Is there a new version planned for 6.4? The channel handling on favourites is broken (for me anyway), so I can't add faves from the webserver (they never record). It's a pain having to fire up placeshifter having found something in the webserver's epg that I want to add...I guess I'm just lazy.

Thanks as ever!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients

Tags
web