SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Sage User

VLC Streaming Experiences

I'm kinda new to SageTV and the forums, but I've been lurking around for too long and I had some success that I thought was really great.

nielm, A big thank you for putting together the webserver. It's a great feature and I think it's one of the must have customizations to install with SageTV.

For everyone else, that is trying to use VLC to stream your recordings, should know that it can be done. It's been tough but I think I have it working pretty well. I've been using V2.22 of the web server to stream to my laptop with really good results. I've been able to watch any of my SD recordings streaming locally and remotely. Usually if I wanted to watch a recording on my laptop, I would just fire up the placeshifter, but for testing the VLC streaming I also use my laptop to help verify that the streaming is working.

The real point for my post is that for the first time I've been able to stream a SageTV recording to my blackjack smartphone (i-607) directly though the webserver. I've been trying to get this to work for it seems like the longest time, but finally it works for me. Here's a quick summary of what I'm using. Standard disclaimer, Your mileage may vary....

SageTV version 6.5.11, V2.22 of the webserver. (Haven't had a chance to upgrade to the new version. Thanks again, nielm and co.)

To test that I could get to work the actual streaming working to my phone, I have been using the WMV 256kbit deinterlaced third-res option to stream a SD recording. I'm also been using TCPMP as the media player on my phone, because I could never get the files to play back with the built in Windows Media player. I'm still testing and trying out different settings to try to get the best playback, but with the above option the video is defiantly watchable.

I realize that everyone has different devices, and this may not work for everyone else, but the basic functionality is there. It also seems that there is more progress on the streaming part of the webserver that could lead to more good things.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey, maybe I'm just missing something, but all of the original airdates in my recording details XML are 1 day off.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Channel Logo Background

First of all... Love the webserver! Thanks for this!

Is there any way to change the channel logo background? I am using transparent logos in Sage, and on the webserver most of them get washed out (See attached picture). I'd like to make the logo area transparent so the logos appear as they do in Sage. Any easy way to do this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg logos.JPG (25.7 KB, 313 views)
Old 03-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Installing WebServer Manually On Vista with UAC..

I'm confused Its been almost 2 years since I have done this..

With Vista Ultimate UAC enabled (just did a clean install)

Do I need to unpack the webserver contents only to:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV ?

Then, edit the properties files in "AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV" or do I need to unpack contents here too?

Just making sure the proper places to unpack this, Thanks!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:38 AM
SageTVaholic

You could just download the .exe for the webserver which has it's own installer. You don't have to unpack anything anywhere.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
You could just download the .exe for the webserver which has it's own installer. You don't have to unpack anything anywhere.

Gerry
Hi Gerry, thanks for the reply!

I just tried the installer. When it gets to the part asking about the port numbers, its shaded in and you cannot enter in the value. I believe if you have a previous version of the webserver installed you can use the .exe to upgrade, that correct? (vista w/UAC, Sage not running as a service)

I can figure it out though (i did 2 years ago). I just nuked my hd and so far have my best build yet.. I just got stumped on this one.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

You need to stop the SageTV service. Run the installer. You can change any of that. If you already have a user name and password tell it no you don't want to redefine it. If it is Vista with UAC make sure you are running the installer as Administrator. You may see an error that it failed to open the firewall port. On mine it happens because it is already open.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Sage User

Webserver Footer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
no, I'm just an idiot who didn't update the version number The about page should show 2.24.
Definitely not an idiot, without the webserver, I would not be able to impress my friends, nor be able to say "I've had that for 3 years" when I see the DirecTV add demonstrating scheduling over the web.

Anyway, I think that i have upgraded properly as I can see the changelog for 2.24 in the about page, but it appears that the footer still reflects 2.22. I checked the footer in Chrome, IE, and FF3 just to make sure that there is not a caching issue.

Is this just me?
Old 03-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Proxy through WHS IIS

Hey Everyone,

I've managed to get the site to proxy through IIS. If you want more info go here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40755

the problem is that it doesn't seem to work in IE (which makes no sense to me).

Can anyone else help?

Comitizer
Old 03-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

Import Music Playlist?

With the help of GKusnick, I just found out that I can export the playlists I create in sage to a format usable with all the other devices in the house. Awesome.

Now, is there anyway i can do the reverse? Can I create a playlist in Itunes, mediamonkey, etc. and import it into the webserver? The only import option I see is to import an .xml and after looking at the SageXMLInfo page, it doesn't look like anything but TV will work here.

Thanks,
Peter
Old 03-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey guys, I deleted my firefox profile and lost my passwords. Any way to easily reset my pw and username so I can access the web UI?
Old 03-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Sage Icon

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=2196

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Adding a "Read Only" access account to everything.

I know that this question probably been asked multiple times; but, honestly, I never could figure it out...

I have already set a username and password for full privileges. But, I'd like to add a guest account to "read only" access for all features. Could someone please tell me how to do this?

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 04-02-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Multiple username/password prompts

I have had this problem since day 1. For some odd reason, when I login to the webserver, and view EPG Grid View, I get multiple requests to enter my username/password as it's drawing the screen. Every time I get prompted for the same username and password and it draws a little more of the screen, until its done. Maybe its some kind of weird quirk with all the channel logos or maybe I'm using https instead of http?

Anyway, it would be nice to get it to work correctly.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-02-2009, 12:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you using authentication? If so, what happens if you disable it? Maybe there's something weird going on with authentication requests proxied through IIS for IE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comitizer View Post
Hey Everyone,

I've managed to get the site to proxy through IIS. If you want more info go here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40755

the problem is that it doesn't seem to work in IE (which makes no sense to me).

Can anyone else help?

Comitizer

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Sage Icon

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=1956

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks that worked very nicely! Now.. if I could only figure out why I guest prompted multiple times for the same username and password..

PS: Anyone know how secure this webserver is in terms of gaining access to my filesystem with only a guest/guest account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Sage User

Thank you !

Absolutely love the web interface !

Nicely laid out and intuitive. Love the EPG channel view.
Great job.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
With the help of GKusnick, I just found out that I can export the playlists I create in sage to a format usable with all the other devices in the house. Awesome.

Now, is there anyway i can do the reverse? Can I create a playlist in Itunes, mediamonkey, etc. and import it into the webserver? The only import option I see is to import an .xml and after looking at the SageXMLInfo page, it doesn't look like anything but TV will work here.

Thanks,
Peter
+1

I would love to be able to use external apps to create playlists usable by Sage. This would be a much easier way to setup a bunch of shows for the kids.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Sage User

Can someone help?

Hello all,
I have installed ubuntu 8.10, updated and installed sagetv. I also have heyu (home automation) and its web interface running on port 81 via apache.
I have tried several times to get the webserver to work but just can't do it. I'm writing this at 05:45! I'm sure we've all been there... sometimes I really miss windows.
I unpack and follow the install instructions to the letter but I've noticed that /sage/Home is not created (folder sage is) so if I open say index.html in firefox and try to follow a link it says the file does not exist.
I have altered apache2 to ensure it listens on port 8080 as well as 81 and even tried inserting a virtualhost with document root /opt/sagetv/webserver. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what else to try? If I connect via my mobile phone, I at least get a white screen now rather than timing out, so I think I'm almost there...
Sagetv server is running fine and it's feeding a hauppauge mvp on the network no problems.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Tags
web