SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes please! Also being able to get an RSS feed (like you can from the web server for conflicts and schedule) would be awesome.....
Old 06-11-2009, 08:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Anyone? Neil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Neil (or anyone), is there a way to cache the channel logos into the webserver's memory (for EPG grid view)? EPG grid view is relatively slow when you have hundreds of channels to display; and, I prefer to display the logos. It would be ideal to pre-cache them; but caching them would be still better than not caching them at all.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Sage User

Need help, Please

I have been trying for about a week to get this working, but have had little success. Granted, I am definitely not a whiz at networking, but I do know a little bit. Here's the problem: I have successfully installed everything (used the installer program), have set up my router to forward to port 8080 on my server and checked to make sure the firewall is open. I can connect just fine from another computer on my LAN, but can not connect from outside.

I have followed all the instructions in the wiki - signed up for dynamic dns and tested via the two suggestions: auditmypc.com and grc.com. Both of these report that port 8080 is open. I have scoured this thread and tried everything I know how. It's time for me to now call in the pros. Any takers?

Also, in case it's important, my Sage server is running WHS.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR3 Driver View Post
I have been trying for about a week to get this working, but have had little success. Granted, I am definitely not a whiz at networking, but I do know a little bit. Here's the problem: I have successfully installed everything (used the installer program), have set up my router to forward to port 8080 on my server and checked to make sure the firewall is open. I can connect just fine from another computer on my LAN, but can not connect from outside.

I have followed all the instructions in the wiki - signed up for dynamic dns and tested via the two suggestions: auditmypc.com and grc.com. Both of these report that port 8080 is open. I have scoured this thread and tried everything I know how. It's time for me to now call in the pros. Any takers?

Also, in case it's important, my Sage server is running WHS.
So when you go to http://<server name>.homeserver.com:8080 what happens?

How about http://<server name>.homeserver.com:8080/sage/home ?
Old 06-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

So if it's working on your LAN, then that probably means that either your router is not forwarding the way you think it is or your dynamic DNS is not working. My guess would be the latter....

Try to connect using your IP address (www.ipchicken.com will tell you what it is if you don't know).

http://<ip address>:8080/sage/Home

If that works, then your dynamic DNS isn't working.

Also, I had to use a port other than 8080. My router was already using that one for remote management. You might want to check that...
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K
Old 06-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
So when you go to http://<server name>.homeserver.com:8080 what happens?

How about http://<server name>.homeserver.com:8080/sage/home ?
When I use http://<ip address>:8080 I get a network timeout saying the requested site did not respond to a connection request.

When I use http://<ip address>:8080/Sage/Home the same thing happens
Old 06-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfi33 View Post
So if it's working on your LAN, then that probably means that either your router is not forwarding the way you think it is or your dynamic DNS is not working. My guess would be the latter....

Try to connect using your IP address (www.ipchicken.com will tell you what it is if you don't know).

http://<ip address>:8080/sage/Home

If that works, then your dynamic DNS isn't working.

Also, I had to use a port other than 8080. My router was already using that one for remote management. You might want to check that...
Thanks for your response. I have tried with the dns name and also with my ip address. Both give the same result. The different sites that check ports are all saying that 8080 is open on my server.

I guess maybe I can try using a different port and see if that works.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

reset your router.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Sage User

Reset the router, re-forwarded the port and still no joy. Went back to grc.com as suggested in the wiki and the port is detected as open. Any other suggestions?
Old 06-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Does your WHS homepage work?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Sage Icon

When you use the external IP are you doing it from inside your network or from some other location outside the network?

Also, you might try connecting the server directly to the internet without a router (just long enough to test it) to see if you can access the web server. That might help narrow it down.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobarsteward View Post
Using the web interface, one can search for media on the server. The results of this search are made available as an RSS feed (one page at a time). How difficult would it be to create an RSS feed that would work with the Firefox Cooliris plugin to allow all of the search results to be displayed using the plugin. This would be particularly useful for viewing photos remotely.
That is a pretty cool plugin.

Difficulty: Not terribly difficult but would require some time to figure it out and put the appropriate Sage metadata into the feed.

Likelihood: Sounds interesting so it might happen but I can't promise anything.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Neil (or anyone), is there a way to cache the channel logos into the webserver's memory (for EPG grid view)? EPG grid view is relatively slow when you have hundreds of channels to display; and, I prefer to display the logos. It would be ideal to pre-cache them; but caching them would be still better than not caching them at all.
The channel logo servlet does set the "Last-modified" and "Expires" headers to support caching. But I haven't used them in a while so I'm not sure how well those work. It seems like there are an endless number of HTTP caching directives. I'll see if I can grab some logos sometime and look into it.
, Java 1.6.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Sage Icon

I'm trying to find a way to log in locally without having to confirm my password and username. Sure it is just a click of "OK" but this is for my parents set up so I am trying to make it as seemless as possible. I am actually saving it as their home page, so it is weird having to confirm your username and password just to pull up the internet.

I found this post earlier in the thread, but I'm having trouble making it work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
You can pass the login with the url
//username: password@host: port/sage/home
For me, in Firefox, I just get a confirmation popup...
I've tried this without success using Windows IE. Could someone look over my url and see if it is done wrong? Here is what I am typing in (I substitute my really username and password where sic0048 and mypassword are written)

Code:
http://sic0048:mypassword@localhost:8080/sage/home
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 06-13-2009, 01:08 PM
SageTVaholic

I think IE doesn't allow you to do that anymore. It's a security thing.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Sage Icon

mkanet,

What browser are you using? I tested out the channel logos in Firefox and they are being cached. I copied logos into the /ChannelLogos directory then opened the EpgGuide in the browser. The first time I opened the page it downloaded the logos. On a refresh, Live HTTP Headers shows the server returned a 304 NOT_MODIFIED code which means the browser's cache has the current version of the image.

I don't have very many logos though. Since the browser has to resize the logos, it might be slow when displaying the number of logos you have.
, Java 1.6.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Sage User

Thumbs up Streaming working now but not on iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltraud View Post
For me streaming still works but I am using VLC 8.6i on the server.
Thanks! I just downgraded VLC from 0.9.8a to 0.8.6i and the streaming now works to PCs over the network!

I have not tried the latest VLC version 0.9.9 yet.

Has anyone been able to tweak the streaming/trancoder settings (Transcode.properties file) so that you can stream straight to an iPhone? I can use the sage transcoder to convert the files and then stream them to the iphone from the webserver by choosing "Watch (Local File)", but have not had any success streaming while transcoding using "Watch (Streamed)". I tried using custom transcoder settings, but I am not sure what options will work and haven't found that magic combination yet.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can I browse without searching?

A previous post asked

Quote:
Is there any way to simply BROWSE through media (music, pictures, video, etc) rather than Searching using the Web client?
I have not been able to find any answers to this, perhaps this question just got buried...

I would love to be able to browse through my media library through VIDEOS, MUSIC, etc folder by folder much like (to a lesser degree, mind you) I would on my server.

Anyone offer up any ideas? Is this possible?
Old 07-17-2009, 08:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
A previous post asked

I have not been able to find any answers to this, perhaps this question just got buried...

I would love to be able to browse through my media library through VIDEOS, MUSIC, etc folder by folder much like (to a lesser degree, mind you) I would on my server.

Anyone offer up any ideas? Is this possible?
Placeshifter-one of its many function and designed for use over the Internet. The web interface was primarily designed as a quick and easy way to add a show to be recorded to Sage and check on your SageTV from any web browser, anywhere. It's a webserver. And of course it now does more. What you're asking for is more of a true client which is where Placeshifter fits in. And you can put Placeshifter on a USB stick and use it anywhere.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 07-17-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yeah... Gerry... I have Placeshifter on my Laptop for when we're staying at hotels or are on vacation. Problem is, if I want to take a look at my library from another PC in my house, or at a friend's, or or or... LOL

It's easier to just pull up the web interface and see what's there without having to carry around a copy of Placeshifter. Also - I seem to recall reading that PS doesn't work through a Proxy... which I have at my place of work - which leads to ANOTHER issue...

Viewing a webpage at work is much more discreet than opening up an application that goes through the company firewall.... not gonna happen here..

Tags
web