SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Sage User

Smile I am not worthy.

I just installed this plugin for the first time, and all I can think is Wayne and Garth with their arms up in the air, bowing and chanting, "We are not worthy." You folks who created this are geniuses as far as I'm concerned. Thank you so much for your hard work!

- Sung
Old 08-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
Viewing a webpage at work is much more discreet than opening up an application that goes through the company firewall.... not gonna happen here..
If you're not opposed to running yet another software application... Orb will do what you're looking for (http://www.orb.com) -- you can browse through whatever directories (including networked drives) you configure with Orb.

I have been using for a year+ now to stream video files (and the occassional live TV) to my iPhone and elsewhere and overall, I really like it. I have not, however, used it in conjunction with SageTV or even installed on the same computer that is my SageTV server (but I might be doing that soon).
Old 08-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjwoo View Post
I just installed this plugin for the first time, and all I can think is Wayne and Garth with their arms up in the air, bowing and chanting, "We are not worthy." You folks who created this are geniuses as far as I'm concerned. Thank you so much for your hard work!

- Sung
+1. This is a great addition to SageTV and exactly what I needed to access my SageTV server locally and remotely. Thanks so much!
Old 08-14-2009, 04:31 AM
Sage User

ok.. i'm stuck.. I'll admit, i have little to no idea what i'm doing anymore

anywho, i've installed, and everything seems to be working.. i can't seem to get the VLC plugin to work...

Firefox symptoms:
i installed the latest VLC and clicked the little box for the mozilla plugin.. but when i load up the web interface, and try to watch a video file, streamed or local file, i get the following:

Code:
You do not have any installed players that can play back avi files
I've confirmed that VLC plugin is indeed installed by going to aboutlugins

----------------
IE Symptoms:
Streamed:

the page loads, and there is a video window, but it won't play or anything, but if i click on the "open in external player " link, the m3u file will indeed play in VLC..

Local File:
if i select WMP it plays fine
if i select VLC, i get the same symtoms as the streamed..

I'm not sure if this has to do with the VLC plugin, or not.. I'm assuming it might due to some research i've done..

post from VLC forums:

Code:
versions above 0.8.5 require a different HTML embed syntax: (from VLC user Guide)

<embed type="application/x-vlc-plugin" pluginspage="http://www.videolan.org" version="VideoLAN.VLCPlugin.2"
width="640"
height="480"
id="vlc">
</embed>
could this possibly be the cause of my headaches?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

I've begun messing around with the streaming portion of the web interface. I love it but I'm very disappointing that it only seems to work consistently with VLC 0.8.6i. That version is so old that it has no compatibility with HDPVR recordings.

Try to use the latest version of VLC and I can stream one video and then nothing else works. It appears that part of the problem is that 0.8.6i terminates relatively quickly once WMP disconnects. I tried using VLC for playback but for whatever reason the server won't start VLC when it is also used as the player.

Any ideas how to get streaming to work more consistently? Any reason the web server can't use the very same transcoder that is also used for Placeshifter?
Old 08-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Web server won't run

I'm trying to get the web server up on my ubuntu box, but it won't run. I find the following in my sagetv_0.txt:
Sat 8/22 11:21:55.206 [SageTV@63a0e5] ERROR Loading startup runnable extension of:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
Aug 22, 2009 11:22:05 AM net.sbbi.upnp.DiscoveryListener run
SEVERE: IO Exception during UPNP DiscoveryListener messages listening thread
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive0(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(PlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:136)
at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(DatagramSocket.java:712)
at net.sbbi.upnp.DiscoveryListener.listenBroadCast(DiscoveryListener.java:213)
at net.sbbi.upnp.DiscoveryListener.run(DiscoveryListener.java:192)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Sat 8/22 11:23:39.461 [MediaServerConnection@f64084] Error in MediaServerConnection of :java.io.EOFException
Sat 8/22 11:23:39.461 [MediaServerConnection@f64084] java.io.EOFException
Sat 8/22 11:23:39.462 [MediaServerConnection@f64084] at sage.MediaServer$a.a(Unknown Source)
Sat 8/22 11:23:39.462 [MediaServerConnection@f64084] at sage.MediaServer$a.run(Unknown Source)
Sat 8/22 11:23:39.462 [MediaServerConnection@f64084] at sage.cs$a.run(Unknown Source)
I'm a java idiot (a serious knowledge hole, I acknowledge), so I'm not sure where to look for the seemingly missing stuff. I unzipped the webserver in /var/sagetv/server, so I have the following files in place:
/opt/sagetv/server/JARs/nielm_sageutls.jar
/opt/sagetv/server/JARs/nielm_sagexmlinfo.jar
/opt/sagetv/server/bin/JARs/nielm_sagewebserver.jar
/opt/sagetv/server/bin/JARs/servlet.jar
/opt/sagetv/server/bin/JARs/nohup.out
/opt/sagetv/server/sageshowinfo.dtd
When I first unzipped them, all the jar files had permission '000', so I changed them to '755' like the rest of the jar files, so that they are readable/executable now. I also tried unzipping in /opt/sagetv, and in /opt/sagetv/app (based on an old tutorial), rather than /opt/sagetv/server. Same results.

I've added the following lines to Sage.properties:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
nielm/webserver/port=8080
placeshifter_port_forward_method=xUPnP
upnp_port_forward_additional_mappings/WebServer/TCP/8080=8080
I'm not sure what the upnp forwarding is for, but I've tried both with and without it.

It's not running at all. When I open localhost:8080 in my browser it won't connect, and netstat finds nobody listening on port 8080.

What should I try, or look for?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by loonsailor; 08-22-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Sage Icon

nielm_sagewebserver.jar and servlet.jar need to be moved from /opt/sagetv/server/bin/JARs/
to /opt/sagetv/server/JARs/

Restart SageTV after moving them and that should fix it.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks! That did the trick. Ooooh, it's so cool!
Old 08-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Sage Icon

The zip file was packaged up wrong. I uploaded a corrected version. mscrivo pointed that out a couple pages ago and I wasn't paying attention
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 08-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

I seem to be having a problem all of a sudden with the web server. It had been working just fine, but now all of a sudden I can only connect from my local network.

I have the server installed on port 8880. If I navigate to it through my local 192.168.1.20:8880/sage/home, through Localhost:8880/sage/home, or through the machine name, it works fine. If I try to connect through my external IP address or through my dynamic dns, it just hangs.

I know everything's good on the dynamic dns side, as the Mobile Web app seems to forward just fine. I definitely have port 8880 open on my router and forwarded to the correct ip address. The router is set to open 8880-8882 and fwd to the server's local ip address. The Mobile Web server is installed on 8882 and works just fine externally, so this definitely appears isolated to this normal web app. Also, Windows Firewall is disabled on the server.

Any idea why only local connections work and externals do not?

Last edited by nspindel; 08-29-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just installed this for the first time as well and it is amazing. I just had a friend from Kentucky navigate through my SageTV setup and it was incredibly cool! Thanks Nielm!!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Anyone have any help for me here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
I seem to be having a problem all of a sudden with the web server. It had been working just fine, but now all of a sudden I can only connect from my local network.

I have the server installed on port 8880. If I navigate to it through my local 192.168.1.20:8880/sage/home, through Localhost:8880/sage/home, or through the machine name, it works fine. If I try to connect through my external IP address or through my dynamic dns, it just hangs.

I know everything's good on the dynamic dns side, as the Mobile Web app seems to forward just fine. I definitely have port 8880 open on my router and forwarded to the correct ip address. The router is set to open 8880-8882 and fwd to the server's local ip address. The Mobile Web server is installed on 8882 and works just fine externally, so this definitely appears isolated to this normal web app. Also, Windows Firewall is disabled on the server.

Any idea why only local connections work and externals do not?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

If everything you say is true, it should be working. I would triple check everything - forwarded to correct IP, forwarding correct ports, windows firewall didn't somehow get re-enabled, etc.

Of course, when in doubt, re-boot the router too

Quote:
Originally Posted by nspindel View Post
Anyone have any help for me here?
Old 09-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

How would I go about uninstalling this? I do not actively use it and i'd like to remove it from my system but i don't see an uninstaller anywhere . . . Sorry if there is an obvious solution i'm just missing.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Sage User

Need help

I'm trying to get the Web Interface setup and I'm running into some problems that hopefully someone can helpme with. When I try to run the webserver plugin setup on my server, it stops as states "SageTV Service is Running. Please shut down the SageTV service". There is nothing Sage running at the time. So I'm stuck there with nothing to shut down. If I hit cancel it says "Installation Canceled" but the setup menu says "Setup was completed succssfully". If I point my web browser to http://localhost:8080/sage/Home I get nothing. I'm obviously missing something. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:29 AM
Sage User

I have now tried the "manual" proceedure and when I point to http://localhost:8080/sage/Home I get nothing still.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
How would I go about uninstalling this? I do not actively use it and i'd like to remove it from my system but i don't see an uninstaller anywhere . . . Sorry if there is an obvious solution i'm just missing.
Stop sage completely, including the service if you use service mode.

Look in your sage.properties file for the line

load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer

You may have a few things extra on the line. You need to remove
net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer from the line.

If you have nothing else there, then the line should read
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=

That will stop the webserver running.

If you want to remove it completely, you need to delete all lines from the sage.properties file that start with

nielm/webserver

You can then delete folder called Webserver which is in the
c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv folder.

If you're using windows, you need to go into control panel - firewall - and under exceptions delete the entry called SageTV Webserver

I'd back up the whole sagetv folder before you do this first just in case.

Someone please chime in if I've forgot something.

Personally I can't live without the webserver.

Last edited by doc; 09-10-2009 at 02:00 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Sage User

How do I shut down Sage TV Service? I can't install webserver plugin with it running. I don't see that it is running anywhere. It's not in the tray or listed in Windows Task Manager.
Thanks

Last edited by Gregavi; 09-10-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

From Start menu, select, "Run", then type net stop "SageTV" in the blank field and press the OK button. Or, from the Start menu, select, "Run", then type services.msc , then press the OK button. Scroll down to SageTV (its in alphabetical order) then double-click the SageTV service and click the STOP button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregavi View Post
How do I shut down Sage TV Service?
Thanks

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-10-2009, 02:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Or run the SageTV Service Utility and click Stop.

Tags
web