SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Sage User

Send message from the web interface to YAC infopopup

How hard would adding a way to send a message to the callerid popup from the web server. I am no good with web applications so I can not do this. Could a page be made with groovy to send a message to popup on the tv. So, you could tell your wife to answer the phone she left in the car.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Scoobz View Post
How hard would adding a way to send a message to the callerid popup from the web server. I am no good with web applications so I can not do this. Could a page be made with groovy to send a message to popup on the tv. So, you could tell your wife to answer the phone she left in the car.
I can't answer this, but I think it's an interesting idea.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:20 PM
SageTVaholic

What a coincidence! I was also thinking how to do this same thing two days ago. My wife and baby often watch kids shows in the living room while I'm in my Media Room. It would be great to send a discrete popup message to them either via the call ID app or something different.

BTW: I just installed the Skype plugin on my sageTV server for the SageTV InfoPopup plugin. Works great... when I get a call, it displays on my sageTV client.. even on my placeshifter client over Internet. The formatting looks a little odd... with XXX-XXX-XXX@CALLcalleridname. But, other than that, it does the job.

Maybe someone might want to do this if it's not too hard to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Scoobz View Post

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-30-2013, 05:25 PM
Sage User

Multiple 'SJQ' Menus now showing up in the Web Interface

I performed the upgrade to Sage Webserver that came through today (version 2.38). I also have the SJQ Web UI installed. With version 2.37 of the Sage Webserver, I had a single 'SJQ' menu at the rightmost end of the menu bar at the top of the Web UI. After upgrading to 2.38, I now have 3 'SJQ' menus at the rightmost end of the menu bar; very annoying. Just to see if it would help, I uninstalled the SJQ Web UI, and as expected, all 3 'SJQ' menus went away, but after re-installing the SJQ Web UI, all 3 are back.

Thoughts?
Brian
Old 03-30-2013, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlewis View Post
I performed the upgrade to Sage Webserver that came through today (version 2.38). I also have the SJQ Web UI installed. With version 2.37 of the Sage Webserver, I had a single 'SJQ' menu at the rightmost end of the menu bar at the top of the Web UI. After upgrading to 2.38, I now have 3 'SJQ' menus at the rightmost end of the menu bar; very annoying. Just to see if it would help, I uninstalled the SJQ Web UI, and as expected, all 3 'SJQ' menus went away, but after re-installing the SJQ Web UI, all 3 are back.

Thoughts?
Brian
Yeah, I didn't catch this until after I uploaded the new web ui build this morning. This issue is documented here and will be fixed in the next web ui build. Note, however, that there is no ETA for the "next" web ui build. Given that it's nothing more than cosmetic/slightly annoying, I don't think it warrants a new build.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 04-17-2013, 09:22 PM
SageTVaholic

What's new in 2.39?
Old 04-18-2013, 10:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
What's new in 2.39?
Nothing too exciting. A fix for custom menu injections that prevents a menu from being injected more than once and a fix where the header/footer includes for groovy pages was referencing images with relative paths instead of absolute paths.

The purpose of the release is to deliver the latter fix, which is needed as part of the next sdepg release later this month. I'm adding Schedules Direct config directly from web ui and needed that fix. The former fix just came along for the ride since I was doing a release.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:52 PM
SageTVaholic

sage we server

lately, when trying to play a program from Sage Webserver on my iPad, I get this error:
HTTP ERROR 503

Problem accessing /sage/DetailedInfo.
Reason java.lang.IllegalStateException: ServletConfig has not been initialized
Caused by: javax.servlet.UnavailableException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: ServletConfig has not been initialized

this is beyond my knowledge.
anyone know a fix I could work on?
thanks
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 08-20-2013, 10:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Did it work correctly before? If so, what did you do before it stopped working?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-20-2013, 12:25 PM
SageTVaholic

to my knowledge nothing, so that's why I am asking where would be a good place to start looking. Would it have anything to do with router access? I can view the Webserver page fine, select files, see new recordings etc...just can't play any of them. For that matter, could I ever?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 08-20-2013, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Hmm... I think it might have been an automated 'unsuccessful' software update; which may have caused this problem. So, it's not something you might have done directly yourself. I have a feeling it might have been caused by bad Java software update.

Does this problem happen on a normal desktop PC as well; or, does it only happen on your ipad?

If it's just your ipad, check for any recent software changes/updates on it. If it's all your devices, I think you may want to uninstall Java and reinstall the latest Java on your sageTV server PC.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-20-2013, 02:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hmm... I think it might have been an automated 'unsuccessful' software update; which may have caused this problem. So, it's not something you might have done directly yourself. I have a feeling it might have been caused by bad Java software update.

Does this problem happen on a normal desktop PC as well; or, does it only happen on your ipad?

If it's just your ipad, check for any recent software changes/updates on it. If it's all your devices, I think you may want to uninstall Java and reinstall the latest Java on your sageTV server PC.
happens as well on a PC - namely my Sage server. I'll mess with Java and see where that goes

OK, uninstalled 7.25 and reinstalled...no change

Last edited by tvmaster2; 08-20-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

There are a variety of playback methods used for the Sage Webservers and the Mobile Webserver. I believe for the regular web site you needed VLC configured on the server to stream the file, or at least you did at one time.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
There are a variety of playback methods used for the Sage Webservers and the Mobile Webserver. I believe for the regular web site you needed VLC configured on the server to stream the file, or at least you did at one time.
Hi - yup, believe I have VLC configured and have for a while...I'll check again
Old 08-20-2013, 05:14 PM
SageTVaholic

OK, got access back again by basically uninstalling and reinstalling all the plugins that dealt with either remote or web access of some kind.
Now if I can just find the right iPad app to natively stream from Sage Webserver
Old 11-25-2013, 07:56 PM
SageTVaholic

I use the web server on my ipad quite a bit but every time I use it I have to fully enter the username and password. Is there any way to get around this like embedding the user and password in the URL?

This isn't an issue on PCs as browsers like Chrome and IE store the password but for some reason safari on the ipad does not do so.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Recent versions of many browsers stopped supporting this, I believe, but:

Code:
http://user:pwd@hostname:port/sage/Home
That's technically how you'd do it, whether Safari allows it, I don't know.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:53 PM
SageTVaholic

It first gives me a phishing warning and then pops up the dialog box asking me for the info so I guess it doesn't work on Safari.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wiki/Download disappeared?

I am reinstalling my sage setup on a new server and couldn't find my old download. I clicked on the download link in this post as well as in the plugins page. It appears that the whole wiki/downloads page from tools.assemblia is gone. Does any one have a copy or another download location?
Thanks
SV
Old 01-05-2014, 10:56 AM
SageTVaholic

As long as you are using Sage 7 you can use the Plugin installer. Does that not work either? And if you are using an older version of Sage you really should upgrade to 7.

Tags
web