SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Jetty webserver can be installed and be usable in just a couple of minutes. It doesnt need any instruction unless you plan on changing the default username/password or change the tcp port for the server. You can make changes in to its configuration in its the plugin config. My friend just.installed it last week on a brand new machine. Of course, you need Sagetv 7; and just select to install the plugin. You shouldn't be trying to.install an obsolete version

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Plugins worked

I installed from the plugins and it worked fine. Thanks for the help. I also figure out how to edit the realms.properties file to change the password.
Whatever happened to the wiki though?
Thanks
SV
Old 01-05-2014, 06:57 PM
SageTVaholic

My guess is it isn't needed anymore since it's pretty easy to install and configure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svemuri View Post
I installed from the plugins and it worked fine. Thanks for the help. I also figure out how to edit the realms.properties file to change the password.
Whatever happened to the wiki though?
Thanks
SV

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-06-2014, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Slugger - If you ever update the Web UI again would it be possible to put a link on the Home page to do a Java Cleanup. I have added a Groovy page to do this (and I think I will also use a SJQ cron job) but it would be nice to be able to trigger it from the main Sage home page.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Slugger - If you ever update the Web UI again would it be possible to put a link on the Home page to do a Java Cleanup. I have added a Groovy page to do this (and I think I will also use a SJQ cron job) but it would be nice to be able to trigger it from the main Sage home page.
You can already add links to the web UI by following this wiki doc.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 01-06-2014, 10:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Awesome, I like the wiki - is it new? I guess this

Rather than add links in the Menu can I add them in the body - what I mean is to add a section just like the EPG section that shows JVM usage and then a hyperlink to Cleanup.

So it could look like this:

--------------------------------------------------
Program Guide:

Last EPG Update: Jan 6, 2014 11:06:41 PM

Next EPG Update In: 0.00hrs

[Force EPG update]
--------------------------------------------------
JVM

670MB/1038MB/1038MB

[Force Java Cleanup]
Old 01-06-2014, 10:48 PM
SageTVaholic

The whole project was converted back to Source Forge. The same wiki page was on the Google Code site previously. The nice thing about SF is that I can create separate wikis and issue trackers for each plugin, which makes organizing things much easier. Still need to convert a lot of the wiki pages over, but will only do so as they're requested or as I reference them (such as tonight's webui wiki).

Anyway, to get what you want would require me to modify the home page and do a new build because the home page is a "legacy page" -- meaning it's part of the original web ui and is not groovy generated. You can open a feature request, but the odds are slim to none that I'll end up doing it. Of course, there's no chance I ever will without a ticket to remind me, but the only chance you've got is that some other show stopping bug forces me to do another build.

The best you're going to do, in all likelihood, is to create a separate "JVM Status" page in groovy as described here and then link to it in the web ui menu. Or, if you wanted, you could create an alternate home page for the web ui that is completed generated in groovy. It can duplicate the current home page and then add in the JVM stuff as desired and then bookmark it as your defacto home page for the web ui. With the templates I created for the groovy stuff way back when, duplicating the current home page in groovy then adding to it wouldn't be too difficult an exercise, imho.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 01-29-2014, 01:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Channel Logos

I noticed a very minor issue with the Web Interface. I am not sure how long it has been going on, but I just noticed it today. My channel logos are not showing up in the web UI. I double checked to make sure they work working within Sage and they are. Not a big issue at all, I just thought I would bring it to your attention. Thanks for all the hard work!
Old 03-23-2014, 06:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Need help with netsh commands - 2.2.2 install

I recently tried to install v2.2.2 on a new Win 7 box - I am using Sage 6.6.2. During the install, there was a message that two netsh commands failed because "netsh firewall" had been deprecated by Microsoft and it was required to use "netsh advfirewall" instead.

I could enter those commands manually, but I don't have access to the full command that was trying to execute. Does anyone know the full netsh commands?

The result is that the page is very slow to load unless I disable Windows firewall, which I prefer not to do. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Clients: (3x) SageTV HD-200, (1x) SageTV HD-300, SageTV Client on several PC's, SageTV Android on FireSticks and Nvidia Shield Pro/SIZE]
Old 03-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Sage User

I had to reinstall Windows and ever since then my SageTV Web user interface is not working

I can access the page but nothing is there

I get a message that says
"Problem accessing /sage/Home Reason
Service_Unavailable

I am using Windows 7 and SageTV 7.1.9.256

The weird thing is the SageTV gadget can still pull up a program guide with the channel and times but I just can't access the page to see more information about the show or anything else
Old 03-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Sage Expert

Does the "Restart SageTV" item in the menu not work in Firefox? When I try, I get a plain white webpage with this just text and it fails to actually restarted:

[object Object]

It works fine in Chrome though.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Sage User

After I upgraded to 2.43 the web ui broke for me, I have no idea how to fix it. I've uninstalled and re-installed with the issue remaining.

Going to the page it displays this

Code:
HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /sage/Home. Reason:

Could not initialize class net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.HomeServlet
Caused by:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.HomeServlet
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor36.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Holder.newInstance(Holder.java:153)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:419)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.getServlet(ServletHolder.java:339)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:478)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)