SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamjam
Have you confirmed that the web service is running using netstat -a

details on

http://www.sage-community.org/index....roubleShooting

You could try placeing the serverlet.jar in the jars folder in sagetv i think this is where ver 3 stores the java executables.

I think i ended up with a copy in each folder i'm not sure which one sage is using.

Are you accessing the server locally or remotely?

JJ
I checked all the troubleshooting stuff... the server is running (listening), but still the same error. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling back into C:/Program Files/Frey Technologies/SageTV and it works now... weird.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
Since this plug-in is much smaller than IIS, it makes much more sense to make changes in the plug-in to use IIS in the next version.

I can understand if everyone still used Windows 95, but things have changed since then... just my 2 cents.
Some of what you say it true, but as others have pointed out, everyone on the planet is trying to constantly hack IIS. The Tiny Java Web Server used in the plug-in is kind of obscure and there probably aren't that many hack-bots trying to trash machines running it as a server.

If Sage used IIS exclusively I doubt I would continue running ht e web server portion so as not to expose my entire home network to hackers and worms.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Sage Icon

You have Sage running on the same machine as your webserver?
Old 09-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
You have Sage running on the same machine as your webserver?
Yes, just using Neil's plugin (I assume you're asking me?)
Old 09-05-2005, 07:25 AM
Sage Expert

mangriotis

I had the same error as you. Am using 3.0.5b on my Win2k3 server. I had to use the computer name of the server but otherwise it's fine via name/address from other network hosts. Didn't bother to figure out my resolution issue
Old 09-05-2005, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

WOW!!!! Webserver for SageTV is awesome!

nielm, thank you so much for providing such an increadible plug-in. I take back everything I said about needing to use IIS instead of using the tiny java web server.

I followed the instructions to install Webserver for SageTV v1.6 and it work flawlessly the first time. In fact, within minutes, I set up my dynamic DNS service to forward all requests from "http://www.mydomain.com:8080/sage/Home" to "http://sagetv.mydomain.com"

The overhead for Webserver for SageTV v1.6 is so small it's negligable.

Thanks a million nielm!

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 09-05-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have a feature request. I don't know enough about programming to tell if this would be insanely difficult or trivial or somewhere in between.

Some sofware talks to the web server in order to get additional details about a recording. Specifically I am talking about the commercial detection software Show Analyzer. It does this by parsing the file name to get the AiringID, and then does a http://media-server:8080/sage/Detail...ingIDId=xxxxxx. It then scrapes the data from what is returned by this web page. I was having a problem because at some point my wiz.bin got messed up, and the file names no longer match the actual AiringID anymore. So no, Show Analyzer and, I'm sure, other applications which rely on this method to grab additional show details are not able to do this because they can't figure out the correct AiringID. Would it be possible to add a featre so that the file name could be passed to get to the same page?

For example

http://media-server:8080/sage/Detail...e-112704-0.mpg

would pull up the same web page as

http://media-server:8080/sage/Detail...FileId=3057415
or
http://192.168.0.151:8080/sage/Detai...iringId=112704

This way, those programs wouldn't need to parse the file name to get the AiringID. Where the number in the name doesn't match the AiringID, these programs would still be able to get the details from the web server. I think it would make the whole process a lot more reliable.

It seems like all the information is there, but it is not exposed to the interface.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eobiont
Would it be possible to add a featre so that the file name could be passed to get to the same page?
This probably should not use the entire path to the file since Sage and SA can be run on different computers and thus have different paths to the same file. Maybe just the filename itself?

Jere
Old 09-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think this would also be a very nice addition for all those compression scripts and programs that are around. Currently, I think they are relying on another process to create XML files named the same as the mpg that contain all the show's details. They can then use this later for inserting titles and keyworks an such. It might be more straightforward just to ask the web server for the information - or at least that would be another avenue.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

nielm -

i'm getting this error in the recording conflicts screen when clicking on "ignore this conflict". Other conflict resolution options are working fine.

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.ResolveConflictServlet.doServletGet(ResolveConflictServlet.java:92)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:128)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1530)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1505)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1394)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Old 09-08-2005, 01:57 AM
SageTVaholic

eobiont: This will be worked around when I get around to implementing XML output, and the auto generation of show metadata xml files...

Gaurav: interesting... what type of conflict are you trying to resolve/ignore (Fav/Fav or Manrec/Fav)
Old 09-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Gaurav: interesting... what type of conflict are you trying to resolve/ignore (Fav/Fav or Manrec/Fav)
I have two conflicts - i think both are Manrec/Fav...not sure...will check tonight when i got back home.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:29 AM
SageTVaholic

A nice guide for SSH tunneling w/o linux

I was setting up my main system to tunnel VNC over SSH and while I was at it I also configured it to runs Neilms webserver securly too. It works like a charm from work where I usually have nothing but trouble with our nasty corporate firewall.

Right now I have the cygwin SSH server running on my HTPC and all I do is add a tunnel from local 8080 to 127.0.0.1:8080 on my SSH client and go to the address 'http://localhost:8080/home' on my work PC and, like magic I have a secure connection to home.

http://pigtail.net/LRP/vnc/

Check it out, very simple step by step guide.

Last edited by evilpenguin; 09-08-2005 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav
I have two conflicts - i think both are Manrec/Fav...not sure...will check tonight when i got back home.
Confirmed : Both conflicts are Manrec/Fav
Old 09-09-2005, 05:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav
nielm -

i'm getting this error in the recording conflicts screen when clicking on "ignore this conflict". Other conflict resolution options are working fine.

Exception while processing servlet:
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.ResolveConflictServlet.doServletGet(ResolveConflictServlet.java:92)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:128)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1530)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1505)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1394)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Neilm -

The error occurs only while the HTPC is recording a show (any show - doesn't have to be a conflicting show).

If the HTPC is not recording anything, the "ignore this conflict" link works fine.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay, am I losing my mind or is there no way to add Favorites via this plugin? Needless to say, this is pretty important when scheduling new TV shows to record for the new TV season.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-13-2005, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

no there is no way to add/edit/remove favorites.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
no there is no way to add/edit/remove favorites.
By choice (i.e. you haven't had / made time for this) or necessity (i.e. data not available with the tools / access you have)?

Also, never saw a response to a suggestion e-mail I earlier posted. Are you planning a new release any time soon? Any early spoilers on what you might be planning for it?

SageTV gets me so excited about all the HTPC possibilities, always interested in what's in the pipeline. Now that I have time of my own, just wish I had access to the toys.

Thanks as always, hun.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

XML Output Mod

Not sure how much this may help, but I have been working on some enhancements to the web server and I thought I would post one of them for feedback.

I have an Xcard, and was not very happy with the response time of the Sage plugin, and eventually found TVedia. I use TVedia as my front end and it does a great job with the interface, but doesn't hold a candle to Sage's EPG and PVR functionality. I have been working on integrating Sage's functionality into TVedia, and part of that was to be able to display the recordings that Sage has made, with all of the show information. At one point I was using Cayar's STV to create the XML files, but turned out to be too cumbersome.

I have created two java classes that I added to the webserver. One returns all of the recordings that currently exist, the other returns general status of Sage, including disk space and what is currently being recorded. I am working on additional classes that will return scheduled recordings, as well as conflicts. Eventually I plan on integrating the EPG into TVedia, so that I can schedule future recordings without having to use my Sage Client from my laptop.

They are a little rough, but I am open to comments and suggestions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip XMLMods.zip (28.5 KB, 209 views)
Old 09-14-2005, 09:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Toongal...

Choice: the API is there to do it (theoretically anything an STV can do, my webserver can do), unfortunatly, my time is not -- I don't consider it high priority -- you can always do manual records until you are back at the box, and 3.0.x was rumoured to have a Web-UI, so I did not want my work to be redundant.

New release is in the pipeline, but delayed, won't be anything spectacular... I was playing around with using VideoLan as an web-embedded streaming media player, but it did not work out... I also want full XML output in the next version, have to write it first...

Mike: nice: will have to include that...

Last edited by nielm; 09-14-2005 at 09:55 AM.

Tags
web