SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

I now have 2 MVP's running along with SageTV in Service mode.. SageTV also runs with the webserver enabled. Is there any way I can have the webserver display what the 2 mvp clients are currently playing, if anything? I see the server shows what is recording, but it would be nice to see what was playing as well..

Thanks!!!!
Old 09-14-2005, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

configure the webserver in each of the client's properties files... Make sure you configure a different port if they are all running on the same system
Go to each client's webserver (using different port) to see what they are doing (and to remote control them over the web interface)

This is somewhere in the documentation wiki.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
the API is there to do it (theoretically anything an STV can do, my webserver can do)
Is there a way to get access to said API/documentation? I'm guessing it is limited to those with Studio, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. A project to include managing favorites from the webserver seems like something I could really sink my teeth into...
Server: Antec SLK3800B, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Biostar TForce 550, GeForce 7300LE, 1GB DDR2 800, 2 x HVR-1600, PVR-150MCE, 1.4TB HD Space, XP Pro, Java6, Latest SageTV Version
Old 09-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

All in one...

Quote:
Go to each client's webserver (using different port) to see what they are doing (and to remote control them over the web interface)
Okay, I see how that works.. what I'd put on my wish list then is the ability to have ONE server to rule them all! In other words, the application could be made aware of other instances of sagetv that is running and those instances could pass back or make available their current status as far as what is being viewed.. so that a single webserver client could show status of all clients running and allow remote control of those clients from a single source..

But that is just my wish

Thanks for the great plugin, as is!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Mike: nice: will have to include that...
Let me know if there is anything you would suggest that I do to make integrating it into your release any easier. I need to go back and revisit the code, clean it up a bit and make sure it conforms to your coding style a bit.

I was working on the Favorite module and had some success, but ended up dropping it as I waited to see what was in 3.0. As it turns out, I may stay with this version if it turns out that your web server isn't supported in the GA 3.0, if they have their own server and I can't modify it. I may start back up on the Favorite module, especially in order to export the information in XML so I can merge it into TVedia.

And for what it is worth, it is too bad the API is documented outside of Studio - would love to know what else is available that you haven't touched on yet. Can only gleam so much from your code
Old 09-16-2005, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

What's the easiest way to provide "guest" or limited access to the webserver? I'd like to be able to show off to my friends by letting them try it out.

Isn't there some kind of read-only mode?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Sage Icon

in the realms.properties files it does talk about how to set up read-only access.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

It doesn't show how to assign read-only access to a specified user. All I see in the config file is where to create more users and where to assign read/write priviledges for all users.

Can somebody please give me a sample on how to create a guest login with read-only priviledges; while allowing full access to the login I currently user?

Thanks in advance!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-21-2005, 10:51 AM
SageTVaholic

???

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
RTFM

Look at the last section of that page from the Sage Wiki for the webserver.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:56 PM
SageTVaholic

I guess I'm doing something wrong. Why is it that when I log in as guest:guestuser, I can still schedule manual recordings from the TVGuide. Only the users "admin" and "girlfriend" should be able to do that right? What's wrong with the below config:

SageTV Web Interface=/sage,admin:adminpassword
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,girlfriend:girlfriendpassword
SageTV Web Interface=/sage,guest:guestuser

# admin user access to commands/actions
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/Command,admin:adminpassword
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/AiringCommand,admin:adminpassword
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/MediaFileCommand,admin:adminpassword
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ManualRecord,admin:adminpassword
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ManualRecord,girlfriend:girlfriendpassword
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/ResolveConflict,admin:adminpassword
SageTV Web Actions=/sage/TimedRecord,admin:adminpassword

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
not certain, try putting the guest line at the top maybe?
Old 09-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Will this work with SageTV Beta 3.011?
Old 09-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joh3004
sure does, no problem with the Nielm's webserver in 3.0.11
Old 10-18-2005, 10:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Directory name change

Where in the properties can I change the name of were the server is pointing. SageTV V 3 installs in C:\Program Files\SageTV not C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies. And this is causing a "BAD REQUEST" error. I do not want to unistall Sage and reinstall into C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300

Last edited by lotusvball; 10-19-2005 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Sage User

The TvTome Search link doesn't search anymore (it goes to their homepage which is still convenient.) What file defines the link so that I can play around with it and see if I can get something to work? I've looked/searched but haven't been able to peice it together (although I'm sure it's right under my nose!)

Thanks for the amazing work!!

-lebedev
Old 10-19-2005, 01:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joh3004
confirmed working in 3.013 also.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:29 AM
Sage Icon

Hi,

Thanks for the web server, it's amazing! I work away from home a lot, and I sit at work and schedule recordings, delete files etc. Brilliant!

I have a question about Favourites. When I schedule my recordings at home on a Sunday, I can't see the conflicts for the following Friday. If these recordings are Favourites, I can't see how to resolve them via the webserver. I can't remove the one favourite and add it on another tuner

If I set Don't Like on the show on one tuner, then set it to record on another, will that work? (Until I get home and adjust the Favourites in Sage)
Is anyone planning to add Favourites to the webserver (I see no webserver is included on the v3 RC).
And can I get SageTV to detect conflicts in Favourites 7 days ahead rather than 3?

Thanks!
Rick
Old 10-19-2005, 02:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebedev
The TvTome Search link doesn't search anymore (it goes to their homepage which is still convenient.) What file defines the link so that I can play around with it and see if I can get something to work? I've looked/searched but haven't been able to peice it together (although I'm sure it's right under my nose!)
Hardcoded I am afraid!
This is on my to-be-fixed list (it will be fixed to use tv.com despite its uglyness...)
Old 10-19-2005, 06:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusvball
Where in the properties can I change the name of were the server is pointing. SageTV V 3 installs in C:\Program Files\SageTV not C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies. And this is causing a "BAD REQUEST" error. I do not want to unistall Sage and reinstall into C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies.
I had the same issue (see previous posts)... although my solution was to reinstall in Program Files\Frey Technologies. No one had a better answer for me before.

Tags
web