SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-19-2005, 06:41 AM
Sage Icon

My installation is in C:\Program Files\Sage TV\Sage TV and I don't get any "Bad Request" messages, works a treat...is it just on one specific action?

Rick
Old 10-19-2005, 07:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

I did a little web research, and what it looks like is a bad install of the web server software. I will try to download and reinstall again tonight and see if that solves the problem.

mangriotis - That may be why yours finally worked when you did a reinstall.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 10-20-2005, 04:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Nielm,

Now that sage supports unicode (hebrew in my case), could u'r web server support it too?

I tried entering search strings, and I enter in Heb and u search in giberish.
also I tried changing show data to fix problems I had, and when the web server adds the data (it was hebrew before and even displayed as hebrew in the fileds), now it beciomes giberish.

That will be a great help, since we now lost a lot of the data, while moving to VMR, and I need a way to fix that data.

alon24
Old 10-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there an email list or something I can sign up on to get notified if there's a new release? I'm just starting to try out the Web Server thing right now. Also, does it work with version 3 of Sage or will it need to be reworked?
Old 10-22-2005, 09:31 PM
SageTVaholic

It works great with the latest version of SageTV. Theres no mailing list that I know of.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-24-2005, 02:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
Now that sage supports unicode (hebrew in my case), could u'r web server support it too?
Sorry, but I am afraid I have no idea how to do this...
Old 10-24-2005, 03:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Old 10-24-2005, 06:29 PM

WebServer Question

Nielm

I am running the SageTV SSL Webserver on 2.2.x series SageTV.

Works great. I have configured the Web Server for SSL.

I signed up for DynDNS and am running the client so I can access my Sage server remotely.

Thank You very much.

My question:

I would like to run a Port 80 webserver in addition to host my photos.

Is this possible with Java Webserver?

Do I need to install Apache as a separate Webserver?

If I need to install Apache, will it also create a .keyfile in the root home directory?

Your thoughts!

DSLBiker
Old 10-25-2005, 01:17 AM
SageTVaholic

The sage webserver will only listen on one port -- either SSL (https) or normal (http)...

You would have to install a separate HTTP server (yes, such as apache, but there are many others, some more lightweight) to serve your non-sage stuff.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Nielm,
I am browsing your CVS source and am wondering how you have your development enviroment setup for this. I presume you have to run this java code on your htpc so the api calls will work? Are you running this under netbeans...and are you able to single step this code? I want to play around some with the path.properties parsing and a few other ideas. I will feed back any worthwhile development I do to you so you can integrate it. I would like to learn more about java programming, also and this seems like a good place as any to start.
thanks.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm trying to setup the Direct Link to the files instead of having to use the http://xxx:8080 type thing but it doesn't seem to be working.

This is the line I have in the Paths.Properties file:

d:\sage-video\=file://media-pc/d$/sage/
(I just removed the # in front of the line and changed the computer name to match mine)

Problem is I don't see a link anywhere. When viewing the Detailed Show Info page, I just have the link that says Files: xxxx but the link still goes to http://xxx:8080.....

I want to have the link just go directly to my server via it's name as \\media-pc\D$\sage\<filename>

Can anyone help me with this? If I can't do that, I'd even take doing it via mapping a drive if I have to.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

kelemvor,
I am having the same problem, it does not provide the configured link for me. I have it setup very similar to yours.
I found the java code that groks the Paths.Properties file and I was going to fire up the debugger on that. I also thought about having the link download a script file, perl/batch/wscript to work around browser security issues...
-ck
Old 10-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelemvor
This is the line I have in the Paths.Properties file:

d:\sage-video\=file://media-pc/d$/sage/
(I just removed the # in front of the line and changed the computer name to match mine)
Actually you changed more than that.

If on the machine called "media-pc" you have the folder "D:\sage-video" shared as "sage" then the line shoudl probably be

d:\sage-video\=file://media-pc/sage/

By putting the d$ in there you pointed it to "D:\sage" on the machine "media-pc".

I dont think that would stop the line producing a link though, I think the link just wouldnt work.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

d$ is usually an Administrative share and Windows usually won't let you share that. You need to share at the folder level.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Oh, OK. I think I got it now. I wasn't sure what those paths were so I didn'tmodify them. Thought they were some built in thing. Anyway, my files are just on D:\Sage which is shared as Sage. So I changed the line to:

d:\sage\=file://media-pc/sage/

And now it mostly works. I saw mostly because in the Detailed Show Info, when I click the link that says [file], I get an error that says something like "file:// urls cannot be directly linked from the browser, use right-click Save As..." But then when I click OK, it opens up anyway... heh.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelemvor
And now it mostly works. I saw mostly because in the Detailed Show Info, when I click the link that says [file], I get an error that says something like "file:// urls cannot be directly linked from the browser, use right-click Save As..." But then when I click OK, it opens up anyway... heh.
It does say this in the properties file you changed so this is expected.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Sage Expert

Version 1.7?

Is there an update on V1.7? Integrating the embedded vlc player (http://www.sage-community.org/index....verMediaPlayer) seems to be started, and would be a HUGE bonus for those of us who travel.

I see that the cvs has been updated 'recently' as well...

-Jason
Old 11-02-2005, 12:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Any chance we can request to NOT include any video streaming code and just offer it as an addon?

I am already using www.ORB.com's superior & free TV show streaming service.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

BAD REQUEST

Ok.. I've had this working before, but now it is gone ( I miss it so) I installed Sage V4 and then installed the webserver. I noticed that SageTV now installs into C:\Program Files\SageTV vs FreyTechnologies. I set my router up to redirect port 8886 to my Sage system and I made sure that there is no firewall running on the system. But when I go to access the page I get a BAD REQUEST message. I changed the port in Sage.properties to 8886 also. HELP!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bad request.JPG (134.9 KB, 253 views)
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 11-05-2005, 11:49 AM

New WebServer install not working

I must have missed something.

I have a new install of SageTV 4 as a Service and am trying to get WebServer working for the first time. I think I folloewd all the install directions, but I get a "The page cannot be displayed" message after I restart the SageTV service.

The WebServer is not running. When I try to launch it from the command line I get the following error (I tried port 8088 same result):

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/Servlet
Context
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

Are there any other log files I can look at, or other troubleshooting suggestions?

I have redownloaded servlet.jar and tried placing it in the C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV directory (no change)

Thanks

P4 1.5, 256M PC800, Windows 2000 Server, PVR-350

Last edited by rackman; 11-05-2005 at 02:44 PM.

Tags
web