SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I am not seeing any of the Show marker icons except for MarkerFirstRun. For example, none of the HDTV shows display the MarkerHDTV.gif icon. I was only able to see the first run icon when listing the upcoming recordings.

Also, does this enhancement mean that I should also see first run & HDTV icons in the EPG grid like the Standard SageTV Program Guide? If not, is there anyway we could have this added? It's hard to tell which shows are HD format until after I click on the show and read the detailed information.

EDIT: I am able to see some of the new icons if I select "watched shows" from the drop down menus, but still no way to show HDTV icons.

As always, thanks Neilm for adding value to this great addon!

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 01-12-2006 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Out of interest, why would you not use the latest ver?
My wife is happy with the Cayars STV in Sage 2.2.8. 'Nuf said.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

BTW Nielm its 2006. See the title of the post.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sage Media Player problems

Hi Nielm,

One other thing I noticed in v2.3

I went to Watch (Streamed) content and it brought up the Sage Media Player with a black screen. I clicked on properties and see the Location has no host portion in the URL.

Here is what I see:

https://sagepublic/PlaylistGenerator...FileId=1969932
Old 01-12-2006, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaine2
ENHANCEMENT: Added support for picture/album/mediafile thumbnails

Man I wish you could back port this enhancement for older Sage revs.....
love to -- except that the API for getting thumbnails as a Java image is only available in 4.1
This and the webremote changes lock this version into 4.1... Sorry!

Quote:
One other thing I noticed in v2.3

I went to Watch (Streamed) content and it brought up the Sage Media Player with a black screen. I clicked on properties and see the Location has no host portion in the URL.
I am also not sure if media players can stream over https links (never used https myself), but it may also be a bug
Old 01-12-2006, 01:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I am not seeing any of the Show marker icons except for MarkerFirstRun. For example, none of the HDTV shows display the MarkerHDTV.gif icon. I was only able to see the first run icon when listing the upcoming recordings.
Some of the icons (archived/manrec/favorite) are only shown for Recorded files, but you should be able to see watched/don't like on search results

I was not able to test HDTV icon because I don't have HDTV (wrong continent!) I am copying the logic from the STV, so it should work just as well (for search results, recsched and recordings)...

Quote:
Also, does this enhancement mean that I should also see first run & HDTV icons in the EPG grid like the Standard SageTV Program Guide?
Not at present
Old 01-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
BTW Nielm its 2006. See the title of the post.
Also, the latest update in the first post shows Dec 11 2006. Wow, we are getting updates from the future now!
Pegasus - SageTV/HomeSeer Server: Core2Duo 1.8GHz, 1GB, 1.5TB RAID5, 2.25TB RAID5, Radeon X1050, (2) Hauppauge PVR250 (only used for security cameras now), SiliconDust HDHomeRun, Hauppauge HD-PVR, WinXP Pro
Prometheus - SageTV Client: Core2Duo 2.66GHz, 1GB, 500GB, GeForce 8400GS, WinXP Pro, 848x480 to InFocus SP4805 projector on a 78" screen
HD Theater (HD200) connected via HDMI to Panasonic TH-42PX60U 42" plasma
web server plugin | 2 MediaMVP Extenders | FiOS TV
Old 01-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
love to -- except that the API for getting thumbnails as a Java image is only available in 4.1
This and the webremote changes lock this version into 4.1... Sorry!
Hmm I might have to upgrade

Quote:
I am also not sure if media players can stream over https links (never used https myself), but it may also be a bug
Well I connected to through HTTP and all worked ok. So apparently it won't stream over HTTPS
Old 01-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well nielm it is a bug. I went looking and found this function in player.js:

function MakeAbsoluteURL(clipurl) {
if ( clipurl.match("^[a-z]+://") == null )
clipurl=location.href.substr(0,location.href.indexOf('/',7))+clipurl;
return clipurl;
}

so I had to change

(0,location.href.indexOf('/',7))+clipurl;

to

(0,location.href.indexOf('/',8))+clipurl;

so it would support https...
Old 01-12-2006, 03:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well nielm it is a bug...
Bug report -- and bug fix in the same post Very cool!
Old 01-12-2006, 03:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Can comebody PLEASE confirm if the MarkerHDTV.jpg icon is being displayed?

I am able to see all the icons EXCEPT for that one see (Invasion is supposed to have an HD icon):

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
New version V2.4 Dec 11 2006 -- Sage 4.1 and higher required
  • For SageTV 4.1 and later only
  • BUGFIX: Removed 'null' menu items
  • BUGFIX: Channel logos default to enabled
  • BUGFIX: Fixed webremote and Sage command functionality for v4.1
  • ENHANCEMENT: Added now playing info for media extenders
  • ENHANCEMENT: Added WebRemote for media extenders (click the extender name in the Home page)
  • ENHANCEMENT: Added Show marker icons to show display (optional default=on)
  • ENHANCEMENT: Added File size indication to show display (optional default=on)
  • ENHANCEMENT: Added Episode ID to show display (optional - default=off)
  • ENHANCEMENT: Fallback menu for browsers that support JavaScript but not JavaScript DOM (eg Pocket IE)
  • BUGFIX: Added more protected paths for writenly user.
  • ENHANCEMENT: Added support for picture/album/mediafile thumbnails
neil,

Thanks! Sorry to sound stupid but where do I turn on the picture thumbnails?
Old 01-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Bug report -- and bug fix in the same post Very cool!
Old 01-12-2006, 04:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Thanks! Sorry to sound stupid but where do I turn on the picture thumbnails?
Should be automatically displayed in the Media Library/Search Picture Files results, and in the Detailed Info for each picture...

However, if a thumbnail does not already exist Sage will not display one immediately -- it will generate it in the background, and you will need to refresh the page to see it.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
Can comebody PLEASE confirm if the MarkerHDTV.jpg icon is being displayed?
Never mind -- there is a bug in the code which will mean that HDTV icons will never be displayed...
Old 01-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Web Remote

Stopped working! I log on and can do all BUT when I press switch to Web Remote I get and error message showing on screen:
error: No UI context specified

Of course if I press a button I get longer error messages LOL

What do I need to do here?
Old 01-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Sage Icon

I suppose this is a question about Sage in general rather than the webserver, but I'm currently trying to do it in the webserver...

Is there a way to disable a favourite? I have a favourite but I have a gazillion shows already recorded, lined up to watch. I don't want to delete it, I just want to disable it for a few weeks until I've caught up, rather than having to recreate.

I know I know, I'm a lazy sod.

BTW, I'm sure I've said it before, but this webserver is one of Sage's best features (along with favourites). Real geek appreciation factor. Yesterday my boss said "You've got to watch this program, it's great." I said "Hang on," searched my EPG, added it as a favourite, and then told him that my PVR was scheduled to record 11 episodes of this show in the next 14 days (while he looked over my shoulder at work). He says I'm a geek, but I know he's jealous...

Thanks Nielm!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
I suppose this is a question about Sage in general rather than the webserver, but I'm currently trying to do it in the webserver...

Is there a way to disable a favourite? I have a favourite but I have a gazillion shows already recorded, lined up to watch. I don't want to delete it, I just want to disable it for a few weeks until I've caught up, rather than having to recreate.
What I do is change the channel to something it will never be on like the Soap Network. Then when I'm ready to record it again I change it back. That channel works well for me because the SciFi channel is the next number higher.

BobP.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Control Client

While I am trying to get this to work I am also getting frustrated. I guess the best way is to just ask your help.

What settings do I need in my Sage prop and or Sageclient props to be able to control the client using your webserver remote?

Do I load Webserver in the client computer also??
Old 01-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Sage User

Question Can no longer Watch currentl Shows in EPG

Previous to Sage 4.1 I was able to select a current show in the webserver grid view and rather than "Record" I had the option to "Watch". This was no longer working since Sage 4.1. The only function is always "Record" whether the show is currently on or not. I really miss this function...as does the GF. I installed Webserver 2.4 hoping (dare I say expecting?) that this function would be working again but alas it is not. It is entirely possible that it was never broken and I just muffed something up...can anyone confirm this and offer a fix if possible? Much appreciated and thanks for all of the effort from which the rest of us benefit.
Cheers!

Tags
web