SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-19-2006, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Nielm, FYI the only place I see the HD icons are under, "Watched Shows". No icons are visible (except for first runs) under "Recording Schedule". Is this by design?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Sage User

Win some and lose some...

The ability to control the MVP extender is very cool, congratulations.

Unfortunately, I now find that Watch (streamed) or Watch (local file) no longer works. Using either firefox or IE and either windows media player or vlc it looks like it is going to play in the web browser, but after a couple of seconds the vlc control switches from pause to play.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to UniKyrn
Version 2.5 is supposed to be compatible with Sage 4.0 again, if I'm reading the release notes right, right?

I'd been running 2.3, installed 2.5 tonight and made sure the JAR's got updated as per other threads here. Upon login, I get the following from the server and in the log file:

[Thu Jan 19 18:54:16 PST 2006] /sage/Home: Exception while processing servlet
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.HomeServlet.doServletGet(HomeServlet.java:51)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:73)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1551)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1526)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1413)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Old 01-20-2006, 03:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
Nielm, FYI the only place I see the HD icons are under, "Watched Shows". No icons are visible (except for first runs) under "Recording Schedule". Is this by design?
no... -- I guess you have HDTV shows in the Rec Sched view in Sage? Is there a similar issue in the SageRecordings views? (this is really difficult for me to test as I don't have HDTV ) I will have to look into it.
Edit: looks like the code only tries to show HDTV icons for recorded shows -- I will fix this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelevin
Unfortunately, I now find that Watch (streamed) or Watch (local file) no longer works. Using either firefox or IE and either windows media player or vlc it looks like it is going to play in the web browser, but after a couple of seconds the vlc control switches from pause to play.
. Oops I thought I had not touched that code... Another one to look into...
Edit: found it -- the test for support for gzip encoding was not working too well -- workaround: disable the property!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniKyrn
Version 2.5 is supposed to be compatible with Sage 4.0 again, if I'm reading the release notes right, right?
yes -- and as the 'hopefully' implies it is completely untested I will try to get a quick fix out for that (I know where the problem is) -- just to confirm you are running the webserver in service mode in 4.0? If you run it in the Sage UI (SageClient.properties) you should get no problems...

Last edited by nielm; 01-20-2006 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm

Sorry for the short reply. I have been busy at work and have not had the time for a long reply. I am taking the time now before work to respond properly.

I actually have 2 problems. The first is the webserver running on the Sage TV server / main computer. Here your webserver works fine until I try and use the Webremote. It does not work. Since I do not need it there or use it there, lets work on the Client Webserver.

I downloaded your new upgrade to see if that helped .. nope. Yes I get the first page showing Currently Recording, Video Disk Space etc. I presume this is the Sytem page you refer to. I do not get any Top menus. If I load ...../sage/menu.html, I then get the Top menus, but just once. Once I change / load pages I lose them. If I click on drop down Sage TV, I see the Web remote (local Sage) and clicking on it brings up the remote keys. Clicking on a key brings up: Webserver running in Service mode -- cannot execute any commands

Since there is no such thing as a Service mode for the Client, I am totally confused.

Thx again for your help. I hope we can fix this so I can once again watch TV in the hot tub
Old 01-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to UniKyrn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
yes -- and as the 'hopefully' implies it is completely untested I will try to get a quick fix out for that (I know where the problem is) -- just to confirm you are running the webserver in service mode in 4.0? If you run it in the Sage UI (SageClient.properties) you should get no problems...
Yep, it's being run in service mode.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Sage Fanatic

Webserver 2.5

If I go to "Program Guide" and select "Don't Like Shows" I get a SageTV Search Results page?? Is this the page I should expect? Seems to me this used to show a page listing shows that I had chosen as "Don't Like".. Am I wrong, or is this page displaying the wrong stuff?

Thanks!!!
Old 01-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

[QUOTE=nielm]Ok, you have all be crying out for this for a while, and here it is...
------------------------------
V2.5 Jan 19 2006 -- for Sage versions 2.2-4.1
Nielm's changes:
  • BUGFIX: hopefully re-added compatibility for sage 2.2-4.0 versions (thumbnails will still not work)
Yes! Long Live Nielm!

That's the good news. The bad news is that v2.5 only give the below errors. Don't need the web server for a while while upgrading, so leaving it in current state. Upgraded from v2.3 (w/ your v2.4 suggestions), so pretty sure nothing missing in installation. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks again Nielm! Yay!

(Deleted message, as I saw the previous post which I missed.)

Looking forward to v2.5a. Happy to help test for compatibility. Thx again Nielm.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:30 PM
SageTVaholic

2.6 -- quick bugfixes

Uploaded V2.6 Jan 20 2006 -- for Sage versions 2.2-4.1
  • BUGFIX: fixed gzip encoding for browsers that do not support it (fixes media player)
  • BUGFIX: hopefully fixed home/detailed info/webremote pages for sage 2.2-4.0
  • BUGFIX: fixed display of marker icons for Airings.
  • BUGFIX: removed manual recs from partials filter in search
Old 01-20-2006, 06:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
If I go to "Program Guide" and select "Don't Like Shows" I get a SageTV Search Results page?? Is this the page I should expect? Seems to me this used to show a page listing shows that I had chosen as "Don't Like".. Am I wrong, or is this page displaying the wrong stuff?
it should show all shows marked with Dont like -- it uses the Search function to do this, so if you get no results, you may not have any don't like shows in the DB...
Old 01-20-2006, 06:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb
I actually have 2 problems. The first is the webserver running on the Sage TV server / main computer. Here your webserver works fine until I try and use the Webremote.
Are you using the SageTV service on the server? If so, webremote cannot work in the service because there is no GUI to control.

on to the client...
Quote:
I downloaded your new upgrade to see if that helped .. nope. Yes I get the first page showing Currently Recording, Video Disk Space etc. I presume this is the Sytem page you refer to.
Are you browsing to the address of the laptop client when doing this?
In the system info screen, do you see a block showing:
Code:
Currently watching:
On Local SageTV instance:
Quote:
I do not get any Top menus. If I load ...../sage/menu.html,
Which web browser are you using?

An can you confirm which Sage version is running?
Old 01-22-2006, 06:44 AM
Sage User

I saw some requests much earlier in this thread requesting the Original Air Date field be added to the Recording Detail screen. Could I please second that request? I started to attempt to add the code myself (since ShowAPI provides GetOriginalAiringDate()) but I just don't have the required level of Java knowledge to pull it off.

Lots of updates over the last few days, thanks for all the improvements!
Old 01-22-2006, 09:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Is it possible to use the SSL signed certificate that I use for IIS that's on the same machine; as opposed to using the self-signed cert I created myself. If so, how can I do that?

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 01-23-2006 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:40 PM
SageTVaholic

nielm,

Thanks for making a great bunch of addins. I use this plus dyn menus and exit Sage..

If I run Sage as a service, would I put the .keystore file for ssl in c:\documents and settings\local service directory? Presuming that to be the case, I will have to create a directory called local service and assign it as a home directory for that user.

Thanks,

B
Old 01-23-2006, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

mkanet: possibly -- you might be able to import your IIS cert into your keystore -- see the keytool docs for more info

(note that I never use SSL, so my help is limited here )
Old 01-23-2006, 03:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
If I run Sage as a service, would I put the .keystore file for ssl in c:\documents and settings\local service directory?
you should be able to specify the location of the keystore using the -keystoreFile parameter in the nielm/webserver/ssl_args property:
Code:
nielm/webserver/ssl_args=-keystoreFile c\:\\keystore
Old 01-23-2006, 03:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crl
I saw some requests much earlier in this thread requesting the Original Air Date field be added to the Recording Detail screen.
(re)added to todo list
Old 01-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Description Wrap

Just curious...is it just me or do the descriptions of shows in the EPG not wrap? I tried a thread search, didnt find anything. I'm trying to decipher the CSS but can't figure out whats up (the crop class doesnt seem to be defined...don't know where its coming from).

Just wondering if I can make it wrap that text for the list EPG.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro
Just wondering if I can make it wrap that text for the list EPG.
both .epgcell div, and table.epglist div define:
Code:
white-space:nowrap;
overflow: hidden;
one or both of these cause this text crop in the div.

In CSS2 there is no way of cropping just one dimension, but I believe IE and FF support the draft CSS3 spec overflow-x and overflow-y..
Old 01-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ah..ok...so basically making it wrap would mean it would over run below. Gotcha. That kind of sucks....what can you do though.

Tags
web