SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Rewinding a little. Please check my assumptions below and correct any of them if they are wrong.

You are running a Sage Client on a laptop.
You are using Sage V4.1 (the latest webserver 2.4 only works on sage 4.1 or higher)
You have setup the webserver on the laptop client.

You are using a normal recent web-browser (IE/Firefox/Opera/Safari/etc) and you connect to
http://laptopaddress:8080/sage/

When you do this, you do Not get the 'System information' screen (showing current recordings, currenly watching, disk space, epg info etc), but you do get a very basic 'Sage Main Menu' menu screen listing a

You also get no menu bar at the top.

If this is the case it is very odd -- the only time this screen should be displayed is if you have javascript disabled, or are using a browser that does not support recent Javascript functions. Similarly the menu bar should always be displayed unless Javascript is disabled, or not fully supported.

When you click on Web Remote in this menu, you get the webremote screen displayed with an error 'Error: No UI context specified' -- what is the address of this page?

Finally, you mention that you get a longer error if you try to use the webremote -- what is that error?
Latest version isn't working for me.

No menu bar. Problem looks like a call to a nonexistant js function:

From Firefox js console: setClasses is not defined on page http://localhost:8080/sage/Home

This results in the menu not showing up.

Here's the bit of offending code:

//Browsercheck --
if(document.getElementById && document.createElement){
setClasses("myMenu");
document.getElementById("myMenu").style.position="absolute";
}

I'm guess setClasses should be in sage.js but it isn't? Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks, Pete
Old 01-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Sage User

Bless you nielm, This has to be the best plugin for sage no doubt. Dont get me wrong, this is in no way a complaint, but as mentioned earlier... Being able to watch a "stream" over the net ~200kb or so would be Sweet!

Thanks a bunch love the app dunno why i waited so long to try it. I use it all the time! Thank you!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 02:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by petieboy
I'm guess setClasses should be in sage.js but it isn't?
Have you tried a restart and reinstall (with Sage/Service not running)? If the code isn't there it seems like your install may not have been entirely successful...
Old 01-25-2006, 04:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by petieboy
Here's the bit of offending code:

//Browsercheck --
if(document.getElementById && document.createElement){
setClasses("myMenu");
document.getElementById("myMenu").style.position="absolute";
}
you did not delete the old class files from an older 1.x version From the install instructions
Quote:
**IMPORTANT** If you are upgrading from a v1.x version, you must delete the following directory trees in your SageTV directory:
Code:
Acme
net/sf/sageplugins/sageutils
net/sf/sageplugins/webserver
jimmyb -- if you are still reading this thread, you may also want to check this...
Old 01-25-2006, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
you did not delete the old class files from an older 1.x version From the install instructions
nice... thanks! that did the trick. I wasn't aware my wife had installed the 1.x version from way back... what a geek.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Sage User

Still not playing video in IE

I'm sorry to say that even after upgrading to 2.6 I have the same symptom of not being able to play in the firefox browser. After I click on "Watch - Stream" the button changes from "pause" to "play" after 3-4 seconds. It works in internet explorer. Any thoughts?
Old 01-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Sage Fanatic

Blackberry 7230

Hadn't seen anyone report whether this was working on the Blackberry so I thought that I'd chime in. It works pretty well on my Blackberry with a few exceptions:

On the main page, I do not get the menus at the top near the SAGE Logo, I just see the Disk and EPG status. To work around this I made bookmarks in the Blackberry to the pages I commonly use i.e. sage/home, sage/favorites, sage/search, sage/recordingschedule.

Also, on the favorites screen, when I go to add a new favorite, for some reason I cannot go into the title field and type in a title, the browser just jumps over that field.

The screens take a little while to load, maybe like 20 seconds each, not that bad, except that when you are trying to setup a recording, everytime you change a setting it reloads the page. Nielm, have you had any thoughts of dumbing down the web server for portable devices? Maybe you could have a second web-page like /sage/wap. For example, I've noticed the Sage background loads behind the pages, on a PC it looks great, but on my Blackberry it is a little hard to read, and maybe that image is causing the pages to take a little more time to load. If you had a wap page, maybe it could be less graphics intensive.

Just my 2c for improving an already excellent product. I am fine with the way it is (except for the favorites problem), just offering some ideas.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have been playing around with this on my cell phone. I was looking at the wiki, and I noticed something for handheld stylesheets. The handheld.css was not in the webserver root directory. Has this feature been taken out?
Old 01-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Sage User

I seem get the following when a MVP client is playing, dunno if its a bug or me, just thought i'd throw it out there!

[Tue Jan 31 21:11:50 CST 2006] /sage/Home: Exception while processing servlet
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/StringLjava/lang/Object;
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.HomeServlet.doServletGet(HomeServlet.java:84)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:73)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1551)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1526)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1413)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Old 02-01-2006, 03:29 AM
SageTVaholic

the nielm_sageutls.jar did not get updated -- or you installed an older version of another STV/plugin that included an old version of nielm_sageutls.jar (the correct one should be about 14K)
Old 02-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Fantastic, Nielm! :)

Nielm, buddy, you came through for me and I can't thank you enough. Compatibility of v2.6 works perfectly w/ SageTV v2.2.8. I -love- it...! *hugs*

Just reorganized my favorites which is finally a USABLE function through your web interface. No more up/down then left/right arrow, but absolute control! Score! And that's just the tip of the iceberg, as SageTV can now thoroughly dominate my life...! Ok, well, maybe just record sports while I go out on dates...

While I could blather on about how wonderful you are, that gets dull quick. I've got problems. Sage Intelligent Suggestions. Bug. At least on v2.2.8, which I'm guessing it's local. Either that or install issue. Hope this hasn't been brought up before. Anyway, here's the java error message when clicking it:

Code:
Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Exception while executing SageApi: "GetSuggestedIntelligentRecordings" numargs=0
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Exception while executing SageApi: "GetSuggestedIntelligentRecordings" numargs=0
	at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.Api(SageApi.java:22)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.Api(SageApi.java:27)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.IRSuggestionsServlet.doServletGet(IRSuggestionsServlet.java:90)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:73)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1530)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1505)
	at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1394)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at sage.SageTV.api(Unknown Source)
	at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.Api(SageApi.java:17)
	... 9 more
Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
	at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
	at sage.ai$e.a(Unknown Source)
	at sage.ai.if(Unknown Source)
	... 11 more
Using the latest Java, so pretty sure it's not that. Everything else works, so I'd bet against install issues, but you never know. Any other data I can give or testing I can do, just ask! I'll be your v2.2.8 tester...

I know everyone is v4.x crazy, but I can't seem to move on from Cayars. Even though everyone says 'no bugs', until there's a new feature that actually improves my experience, I'm happy at v2.2.8.

Thanks again, hun, for thinking of the full user base...! Means a lot.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Intelligent suggestions is a 4.1-only feature, sorry (Narflex added a new API call to get scheduled IR recordings even if IR is disabled!)

I cannot take credit for favorite support -- its all jreichen's work!
Old 02-01-2006, 03:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Nielm, forgive my ignorance, but is there any way at all to get the Intelligent Suggestions feature to show up on my SageTV menus? That is an increadibly useful feature!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-01-2006, 03:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
is there any way at all to get the Intelligent Suggestions feature to show up on my SageTV menus?
yes -- if you write the screen in Studio (I am working on something...)
Old 02-01-2006, 04:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Nielm. I find myself lately using intelligent suggestions regularly instead of upcoming movies when I want to see what's on TV. I can't wait to see what you're working on. It sure would be a big deal if you came out with an Intelligent Suggestions STVi!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-02-2006, 08:52 AM
Sage User

Nielm, not sure if I'm the only one or not but just wanted to show a little cosmetic thing I've noticed with the Program Guide submenu overlaying some things at the top.

Thanks for the webserver by the way, very handy when I've forgotten to record something!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WebServer Error.jpg (46.8 KB, 262 views)
Old 02-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp1790
little cosmetic thing I've noticed with the Program Guide submenu overlaying some things at the top.
Nielm already answered this, it's a bug in IE. Fine using Firefox.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon
Nielm already answered this, it's a bug in IE. Fine using Firefox.
Works fine in the new Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 Beta. A fine broswer now available for download in it's second Beta preview..

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/default.mspx

And I'm a big user and fan of Firefox.. but Microsoft seems to have responded to the Firefox fans.. which is exactly what the Firefox team wanted.. competition leads to better products

Old 02-02-2006, 02:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Nielm, are the missing HDTV icon in Upcoming Recordings, Upcoming Favorites, Intelligent suggestions, etc by design? or, is it a bug?

Currently, the HD icon can ONLY be seen in "Sage Recordings" and "Watched Shows"

My installatoin appears to be working 100% correctly.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you so much for your hard work. I'm upgrading to your webserver ver 2.6 and I get this error message in my log whenever I start up Sage TV (oh and the webserver isn't working:

[Thu Feb 02 13:08:33 PST 2006] No leading 'servlet' keyword, the sentence is skipped
[Thu Feb 02 13:08:33 PST 2006] Server socket: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

Any ideas?

Tags
web