SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-03-2006, 02:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
Microsoft seems to have responded to the Firefox fans.
Thanks for this, didn't realise the IE7 Beta was available. While I agree it goes some way to addressing the advantages Firefox has, it is still missing out in a few areas, such as grouping the Links bar items and forcing links to open in new tabs rather than new windows. Getting there though!

(Now need to try to uninstall as one of my banks won't work with IE7, another won't work with Firefox, so I really need IE6 for now...)
Old 02-03-2006, 05:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joh3004
[Thu Feb 02 13:08:33 PST 2006] No leading 'servlet' keyword, the sentence is skipped
Ignore this
Quote:
[Thu Feb 02 13:08:33 PST 2006] Server socket: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
the webserver port specified (default 8080) is already in use on your system...

Choose a different port in sage.properties, or find out what is using port 8080 and kill it (netstat -ao will list the PID of the process using a port. openports will give you the process name.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
Nielm, are the missing HDTV icon in Upcoming Recordings, Upcoming Favorites, Intelligent suggestions, etc by design? or, is it a bug?
Currently, the HD icon can ONLY be seen in "Sage Recordings" and "Watched Shows"
I thought I had fixed this in 2.6... but as I dont have HDTV...

Anyone else see this too?
Old 02-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for your help. I found out that I am sharing a port with skype. I don't use the normal port 8080, because when i try to open it on my firewall, it tells met that "Port range conflit with "Remote Managment http Server"."

However, I don't want to have to leave skype shut down and I can't seem to find any other ports to use. Any suggestions?
Old 02-03-2006, 02:28 PM
SageTVaholic

You need to disable remote management on your router to free up port 8080. There's no reason to leave that enabled unless you are making changes to your router remotely (outside your network) on a daily basis. The best (and safest) way to manage your router is internally (ie, http://192.168.1.1/)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joh3004
Thanks for your help. I found out that I am sharing a port with skype. I don't use the normal port 8080, because when i try to open it on my firewall, it tells met that "Port range conflit with "Remote Managment http Server"."

However, I don't want to have to leave skype shut down and I can't seem to find any other ports to use. Any suggestions?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-03-2006, 02:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Surely, I can't be the only person here who has HDTV & Webserver for SageTV..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
Nielm, are the missing HDTV icon in Upcoming Recordings, Upcoming Favorites, Intelligent suggestions, etc by design? or, is it a bug?
Currently, the HD icon can ONLY be seen in "Sage Recordings" and "Watched Shows"

I thought I had fixed this in 2.6... but as I dont have HDTV...

Anyone else see this too?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Sage Icon

I have an HDTV and the webserver and I get the HD icons in all those places. Must be something wrong with your setup.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Nielm, can you think of what's different about "SageTV Recordings" and "Watched Shows" compared to "Upcoming Recordings, Upcoming Favorites, and Intelligent suggestions" in respect to the HD icon?

Something must be different between them for my setup to consistently NOT display "Upcoming Recordings, Upcoming Favorites, and Intelligent suggestions" and only display "SageTV Recordings" and "Watched Shows" correctly.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-03-2006, 05:49 PM
SageTVaholic

mkanet: there was a bug in 2.5 which meant that HDTV icons were only displayed for shows that are still on-disk -- this would be sage recordings and the most recent watched shows.. Are you sure you are running 2.6 (check the version number at the bottom of the home screen)
Old 02-03-2006, 06:19 PM
SageTVaholic

I was using version 2.5. Thanks Nielm. I must have forgotten to update after I downloaded it previously. It all works correctly with version 2.6 My bad.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-04-2006, 07:18 AM
SageTVaholic

good to know -- thx
Old 02-05-2006, 05:12 PM
Sage User

Is there any way to have the search function not show results for shows that have already started or are in progress?

For instance, on hbo.com I see a upcoming movie that I want to recod. I use the web interface to search for it and set up a manual recording. If it is currently 5:00 P.M. it will show an instance of the movie that runs from 4P.M. - 6 P.M., which doesn't do me much good to record.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

ok, I've done my best to troubleshoot, but not getting anywhere. I can no longer access files through the webserver with upgrade to 2.X....it used to work fine with 1.X. When I click on a link to a media file I get the 404 webpage everytime.

Any suggestions?
I've followed the install instructions, deleted the folders from the 1.X versions, upgraded from 2.4 to 2.5 to 2.6: still not working. Everything else works fine. Am I required to use UNC paths?

Thanks
Old 02-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Sage Expert

Just wanted to pass along that I just (finally) installed this and got it going, and wow! Very nice! Good work as always nielm!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffashland
Is there any way to have the search function not show results for shows that have already started or are in progress?
anythings possible with code changes, but in this instance I am copying the behaviour of Sage's additional airings, and won't change it...
Old 02-06-2006, 01:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_95sl1
When I click on a link to a media file I get the 404 webpage everytime.
check that you have taken the servlets.properties file from the new version...

If you have, whats the address giving the 404?
Old 02-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
anythings possible with code changes
Nielm,

Thanks for the answer. I had suspected that it was probably coded that way, but thought that maybe there was a flag in one of the properties files that wasn't apparent to me when I looked through them.

This is a excellent plugin I use it constantly. I especially appreciate your recent addition of intelligent suggestions.

Thanks again for all the time and effort you have put into your various plugins and freeely donated to the Sage community.

-Jeff
Old 02-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
check that you have taken the servlets.properties file from the new version...

If you have, whats the address giving the 404?
I am using the latest servlets.properties file....what's funny is the thumbnail for the picture works fine, but the link to the picture file doesn't.

The 404 Error is:

404 Not found
Rogatkin's JWS based on Acme.Serve $Revision: 1.11 $

and the address is: http://192.168.1.2:8080/sagepublic/M...6077&Segment=0 which is local ip because it's on my lan....get same error on internet as well.

AND BONUS is there are a number of log files, all saying:

[Mon Feb 06 19:26:55 NST 2006] No leading 'servlet' keyword, the sentence is skipped

Is there supposed to be a servlets.jar file somewhere? I've got a few servlet.jar but no servletS; I put a servlet.jar in lib\ext to see if that did anything and it didn't...and there is one in the \JARS dir in sagetv obviously, as it should.

thanks

Last edited by ben_95sl1; 02-07-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

New suggestions

Nielm,

LOVE the new graphics, showing favorite status, watched, first run, etc. Some ideas on new things that can add to the graphic experience.

- Favorites Manager: more detail requested on intro screen
-- Graphics for first run / reruns / both
-- Graphics if specific channel is selected
-- Status (delete=y/n, keep=all/#, -2/+1 padding)
-- Graphics for ratings (parental for TV, rating for movies, provided samples)

- Graphics for ratings everywhere
-- Show grid, show detail, etc.

- Show ID: display with title
I know you said you don't have this info in your own case. Still, if it could be added, would be great. Here's the logic I see working, in pseudocode:
if ((exists(showid)) and (last4digits(showid)>0)) then display last4digits(showid) before all titles.

Just trying to find things that would make the webserver 'cooler'. The favorites page would be most helpful, because I can see the settings as they are w/otu having to maintain each one individually.

Anyway, love it. No bugs, no problems. Rarely even use the native interface anymore to set / manage, only watch. It's all web server, baby!

Thanks again for v2.2.8 compatibility too. Seems like I'm not alone staying here...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ratings.zip (24.8 KB, 245 views)
Old 02-08-2006, 05:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal
- Show ID: display with title
I added that in 2.6.. It is disabled by default, -- if you click Show Options in the Sage recordings view you should be able to enable it.

Tags
web