SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

When I try to into the webserver across the internet I get a screen that says "There is nothing to see here, please move along!". Does anyone have any ideas as to why I would get this. the web server works fine internally on my lan. Any help would be appreciated....
Old 03-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
For MVPs (and placeshifter!) it should be automatic -- just set it up on the server and you get a list of clients/extenders in the 'Home' page -- just click the extender name/address in the home page

cool. that 'sounds' easy enough!! Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 03-09-2006, 07:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
When I try to into the webserver across the internet I get a screen that says "There is nothing to see here, please move along!".
Normally that means you're not putting in the full URL, e.g.
http://111.111.111.111/
instead of
http://111.111.111.111/sage/Home
Old 03-09-2006, 07:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you .. thank you.. thank you.. that is exactly what it was ... (I feel like such an idiot )
Old 03-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
(I feel like such an idiot )
Don't feel bad, I bet most people here have done it at one time or another...
Old 03-09-2006, 08:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thank you .. thank you.. thank you.. that is exactly what it was ... (I feel like such an idiot )
I do that all the time.. <G>
Old 03-12-2006, 11:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Firstly, I really like this web interface, it is really slick and polished like all of nielm's work.

On the homepage there is a nice link which brings up all partial recordings. I'd like to delete them all but it is not supported in the options. How can I do this? (Either from the webserver or elsewhere for that matter. I'm using the stock STV with Malore enabled.)

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Batch deletion is not supported in the webserver, but I wrote an STV import to show/delete partials
Old 03-13-2006, 02:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Delete duplicates?

Nielm,

Is it possible to add an action to delete entries from the database? Somehow over the years I've ended up with tons of duplicate entries for shows. For example, I have 5 entries in the database for "Family Guy - Holy Crap". Each has the same show ID and description, but a unique AiringID. There are hundreds of similar examples in my database. I also have a number of generic entries (usually for the Simpsons and Futurama) that I would like to delete.

Basically, I want to select items from a search and take the action of "Delete form database". To be safe, you could give a warning if the file still exists on disk.

Thanks.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:58 AM
Sage Icon

+1 on that. A way to clean up the database would be most appreciated.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

One other request...

I forgot to ask...is it possible to specify an episode # when manually editing show information? Currently it is generated automatically.

An example: I recently recovered episode 9 of American Dad (it ended up in the imported library for some reason). I filled in the description, roles, etc. and successfully got it back in the Archived recordings. However, it is the only episode of 19 that does not have an episode number. Because of that, it puts it out of order on my list.

Thanks again
Old 03-13-2006, 03:35 AM
SageTVaholic

To do a DB clean-up:
Do a search for all airings in the past...
Clear Watched (even if it is not set), Clear dont like flags...
Airings will be deleted shortly after -- probably at next EPG update.
(you can also do this in Malore's Viewing History window)

Sage keeps airing info for all shows who are partially watched/watched/don't like or having a recording...

Sage keeps all show titles and actor names forever (as far as I can see)

There is currently no way to specify an episode ID in edit show info - this is partlially deliberate : if you edit show info and kept the episode ID, at the next EPG update that contains this episode ID, the edited info will be overwritten.

Last edited by nielm; 03-13-2006 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:48 AM
Sage Icon

i'm having some trouble getting this going. I see that around page 5 there were some issues with the serverlets.jar file being renamed serverlets.zip. Is this still an issue or was it fixed with later downloaded versions? Do i need to manually move the serverlets.jar file somewhere? When i try to connect it seems like it is trying to do something but then just gives me the ...'page cannot be displayed...

8080 is open so that isn't the problem...

any help would be great.
thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 03-13-2006, 07:13 AM
SageTVaholic

JUC: That refers to an older installation problem which is no longer possible with the current way the webserver is packaged -- the servlets jar is now part of the webserver zipfile.

What is at the bottom of 'page cannot be displayed' -- it should give a reason why. Other browsers also tend to give more error messages that are easier to debug than IE.
Also where are you testing from: the local host, or somewhere on the internet...

Last edited by nielm; 03-13-2006 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Sage Icon

unfortunately its giving me the 'cannot find server or DNS error'...generic

. I am trying it from 'somewhere' on the internet...
IE is all i have right now. i have verified using the utilitiy in the instructions page that port 8080 is open. And just to clarrify. i should be pointing my browser at. http://192.168.0.4:8080/sage/Home if that is my server's IP address? Any help would be appreciated. I can try when i get home and see what happens. FWIW--i am having trouble with the placeshifter too --but that does work within my home network.
Thanks
JUC

edit: Firefox is telling me the request timed out...maybe its something with my firewall settings? But---i turned off XP firewall yesterday. Other than that and making sure the right port is open would there be any other settings i need to enable to let access in?

Last edited by JUC; 03-13-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
. I am trying it from 'somewhere' on the internet...
http://192.168.0.4:8080/sage/Home
There's the problem. The 192 address is the address within your own network. To access it from outside you'll need to specify your external IP (the one your ISP assigns to you) and map port 8080 in your router to the 192.168.0.4 machine.

Check your firewall/router's status page for your external IP.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:59 AM
Sage Icon

thank you! i will of course have to make those changes when i get home. I'll let you know what happens. I was wondering how it was going to find my home server with that common address...should have known better.

questions though...i have already mapped port 8080 on the router to my server machine. So, i would only have to find out what my external IP address is and use that?
Thanks
JUC

Old 03-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
So, i would only have to find out what my external IP address is and use that?
Correct. How often that IP address changes depends on your router and your ISP. Best you can do is make sure your router is configured never to release the IP, and hope for the best from your ISP.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

yep.. The router should be able to tell you, as will sites like http://www.whatismyipaddress.com/ (access it from your home system) but it can change (-- as mentioned by rick)

The simplest way to deal with changing IP addresses is to sign up for a www.no-ip.com or www.dyndns.org service where you set up your own domain name (such as myname.dyndns.org) and you run a piece of software on your server which updates the dyndns/no-ip service with your *real* IP address whenever it changes.

It's also easier to remember and type than an IP address

(also covered here

Last edited by nielm; 03-13-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
To do a DB clean-up:
Do a search for all airings in the past...
Clear Watched (even if it is not set), Clear dont like flags...
Airings will be deleted shortly after -- probably at next EPG update.
(you can also do this in Malore's Viewing History window)

Sage keeps airing info for all shows who are partially watched/watched/don't like or having a recording...

Sage keeps all show titles and actor names forever (as far as I can see)

There is currently no way to specify an episode ID in edit show info - this is partlially deliberate : if you edit show info and kept the episode ID, at the next EPG update that contains this episode ID, the edited info will be overwritten.
Thanks, I will try clearing the watched and don't like flags and see what happens. This has been of great annoyance to me.

As for the episode ID, I actually wouldn't mind if new show data overwrote the current show data in most cases. I am only editing the show data so I at least have something for imported videos. Often, the show will come up in reruns down the line and I'd rather have the "official" data.

As an example of how this would be useful, I have a dozen episodes of American Dad on my cable box DVR that I missed recording in Sage because I was having computer problems. I'd like to copy them to the Sage server using the manual recording feature. I could then fill out the basic show info and episode ID, and if I understand correctly, if the show ever airs again, it will automatically gain the rest of the data.

I'm assuming the Episode ID is derived from the last three (or four) numbers of the ShowID field. Is that correct?

Maybe you could offer an option of "manual ShowID" or something to that effect. If not entered, you would auto-generate the ShowID as you do now. If I entered a ShowID using an existing recording as a template (American Dad is EP716445xxxx), there's a good chance I will get the rest of the info next time it's shown and will at least have the correct episode ID to sort by in the mean time. Optionally, this would also allow us to enter an alternate form of ShowID, such as "01x002" for Season 1, Episode 2.

If any of this is possible, I'd greatly appreciate having the option of using it. Thanks.

Tags
web