SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslatt
If I type those RSS urls into my browser they work fine, but the orange RSS buttons don't seem to take me to those urls.
Try the blue ones (the orange ones are for XML show info output)

Last edited by nielm; 04-08-2006 at 02:01 AM.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:56 AM
Sage Icon

100% Sustained CPU using version 2.6 on Windows XP Pro

I had the web server 2.6 version setup under my Windows 2000 installation of SageTV, the web server was working OK and allowed me to configure Show Analyzer to not process commerical free channels.

I then tried using the web server version 2.7 on my Windows XP Pro rebuild of the SageTV software. The version 2.7 web server did not allow me to successfully configure Show Analyzer to not process commerical free channels.

I then tried using the web server version 2.6 on my Windows XP Pro rebuild of the sageTV software. The web server did work with Show Analyzer, but resulted in 100% sustained CPU. I let the computer stay in that state to determine how long the high CPU utilization would last -- it was still at 100% CPU after running all night. Warm and cold booting did not help. I immediately resolved the problem by removing net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer from the Load _at startkup_runnable_classes= line in the sage.properties file.

I haven't tried the version 2.8 on my Windows XP Pro rebuild yet.

Has anyone experienced this 100% CPU utiliization problem using Windows XP?

Dave
Old 04-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Try the blue ones (the orange ones are for XML show info output)
I swear, I'm not crazy. I am clicking on the blue ones and instead of taking me to http://mediaserver:8080/SagePublic/R...ordingSchedule it takes me to http://mediaserver:8080/Sage/RecordingSchedule

I even tried re-installing. I closed the sage ui, stopped the sage service, unzipped the new zip file to my sagetv folder, updated my username and password in the realms.properties file and started everything back up again and it is still doing it.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

A picture is worth a thousand words right?

Old 04-08-2006, 10:47 AM
SageTVaholic

And what RSS reader are you using?

And you right-clicked on the RSS button and copy shortcut to your RSS reader and pasted that in. Correct?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

cslatt: Ok I believe you...
I am replacing /sage/ in the path with /sagepublic/Rss...
You are accessing it with /Sage/
Guess I should make that replace case-insensitve
(Workaround: use /sage/ in your path!)
Old 04-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

hi nielm,

Just spotted a small problem. This happens in the grid epg page. if you click on on a program link for the detailed info of a program that is currently recording you get an invalid AiringId page.

It looks like the AringId and MediaFileId's are getting mixed up for programs that are being recorded.

e.g. Here is the broken link in the grid epg section for a program I am recording:

http://127.0.01:8080/sage/DetailedInfo?AiringId=2275553

This takes you to the invalid AiringID page.

'2275553' is actually the MediaFileID. In this instance the AiringID is '2204289'. So the link should be:

http://127.0.01:8080/sage/DetailedInfo?AiringId=2204289

which goes to the right page.

Just to let you know

p.s. I use your web interface pretty much every day - thanks for a great bit of kit.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
cslatt: Ok I believe you...
I am replacing /sage/ in the path with /sagepublic/Rss...
You are accessing it with /Sage/
Guess I should make that replace case-insensitve
(Workaround: use /sage/ in your path!)

Yep, that did it! Thanks!
Old 04-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Sage User

Only been a SageTV user for 1 month, but this is a great plugin!
I was using TightVNC to manipulate my SageTV box, but this is so much easier and provides much more information visually!
Old 04-12-2006, 06:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

It looks like the new buttons don't support line breaks. Take a look at my attached screen shot for the "Play in Extender" buttons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss.jpg (32.5 KB, 513 views)
Old 04-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to teknubic Send a message via AIM to teknubic Send a message via MSN to teknubic Send a message via Yahoo to teknubic
After failing a couple attempts at remembering to record a show or sending myself an email reminder, I installed this plugin last weekend.
First, let me say that there are not many things that change a persons TV viewing habits like TiVo or SageTV does but I have to say that this plugin is quite possibly one of them:
Gone are the days of missed recordings due to my ever-failing memory for these types of things.
Gone are the days of losing a recording because the archive flag was not set after I watched it when the wife fell asleep.
And gone are the days of not recording coverage of historical events happening right now.
Thank you, nielm, for making it so easy to fix such a big problem.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Feedback / suggestions

Playing around w/ SageTV v4.1.13 and I like what I see, especially the integration you have with the webserver.

- BUG: The "Ebert & Roeper" bug I've PM'd you about is STILL present w/ Sage v4 / web v2.8. I thought it was using old SageTV, but anything I've tried w/ an '&' in the title simply doesn't work for "Search", "Additional Airings" or the like. Just FYI.

- BUG: "Show description in title-text" toggle on "EPG grid view" broken
However, when you "Enable" the "show description" on "EPG list view", then the descriptions work on both grid/list views.

- SUGGESTION: "EPG week view" (i.e. http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/grid_1...onal&4/16/2006)
This is close to the "EPG grid view", but shows a full week for a specific channel (7 days midnight to midnight of day selected onward). Should have left/right arrows to show different channels with a text box on top to select date/channel to display. Options should allow same as grid/list.

- SUGGESTION: Categories filter
On Zap2It, they have an ability to filter out categories. For example, selecting "sports" shows only channels with a sports entry. Best if, like on Zap2It, it is available for all of the EPG display sections.

- SUGGESTION: Channel logos / names
If CLs are enabled, the station ID disappears. I think it should have both (i.e. pic + "2 - KTVU"). In addition, if possible, it would be nice to have a configurable .ini file to associate with the station ID. In the .ini file associate a URL with the call sign. For example: KTVU http://www.ktvu.com/index.html, for quick access, with no link of the call sign is not listed in the .ini file.

- QUESTION: Ratings?
On the Zap2It version, it shows ratings like "TV-13" for shows. Since I don't have access to Sage's innards, is this something available, or not passed on by SageTV? If so, VERY useful info to display on detail and/or grids.

- QUESTION: Colors?
On SageTV v4, it looks easy enough to change colors for categories. Was thinking of setting them up there. Figured might as well do it on the web server too. Looked at the .css files and got confused. For instance, what's "oldmovies

- QUESTION: wiz.bin access?
With the intelligent suggestions, it seems to use things no longer of interest (i.e. things of my ex). Any possibility of removing 'watched' shows via the webserver in the future to help clean up sins of the past? Would slim down the wiz.bin file (which grew by 35+% after upgrading to v4) and make the history more accurate.

- SUGGESTION: watched shows grouping
I think I might have mentioned it before, but especially if you can clean up the wiz.bin, grouping the files by title in the 'watched' section would be greatly helpful.

- COMMENT: Firefox really does look nice the way it highlights the cells. Too bad it can't work as well on IE.

- COMMENT: REALLY like the way this integrates into v4.x in that I can control EVERYTHING from the webserver! Yay! I -love- the intelligent suggestions! Seriously considering abandoning v2.2.8/Cayars because of your integration, here! Just have to learn now how to rebuild everything I've grown used to using.

Thanks as always Nielm!

Last edited by ToonGal; 04-16-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Edit Show info Changes EPGID

I currently encode some of the series I want to keep to WMV.

This is the procedure I use.

1.Shutdown all of Sage.
2. Delete the Recorded shows.
3. Copy the WMV files to my import folder.
4. Bring up sage.

Sage recognizes the new files and keeps the Details. But there is just one problem. The File start time gets messed up. It changes from 0 to a random number. This causes the time to be off on the file.

I use Webserver to change the File start time back to 0..... but this changes the EPGID. It makes it something like EPext1.. etc... Is there a way to change File start time and not have the EPGID change. If I unselect Generate New EPGID.. the file gets deleted.

Last edited by nyplayer; 04-25-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:23 AM
SageTVaholic

The file gets deleted? Ouch... Will have to look into that one... (part of the edit show info means that the file has to be renamed: is it possible that the Sage user does not have privilages on the directory?)

To solve your problem at source, set the WMV files' timestamp to be the time/date when the show finished before bringing up sage (Sage uses the timestamp + file duration to get start time)...
Old 04-26-2006, 12:02 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure if it was already mentioned in this lengthy thread; but, is there a way to have the web interface automatically try to launch Placeshifter (if installed on the local PC) and switch to the appropriate channel from the "Detailed Information" section?

-Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Controlling SageTV from webserver

When running "Web Remote for Local SageTV" I get the following error:

UI Context: "SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI" is not active:
Webserver is running in SageTV Service - no remote control possible
use: /sage/SageCommand?command=<command>&context=<context>

I also used to have an option to control which file was playing from the web server. I don't know if this broke when I upgraded from v4 to v5 or if something else is wrong.

Ideas?
Old 04-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Sage User

I love this mod. I am getting this error when I have an MVP plugged in.

Fri 4/28 15:50:25.161 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/ObjectLjava/lang/Object;
Fri 4/28 15:50:25.190 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/ObjectLjava/lang/Object;
Fri 4/28 15:51:15.908 Exception in the MiniUIClientReceiver of: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
Fri 4/28 15:51:15.909 Killing UIMgr UIManager:localhost@@000dfe077b48
Fri 4/28 15:51:15.910 Seeker.finishWatch(UIManager:localhost@@000dfe077b48)
Old 04-28-2006, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal
When running "Web Remote for Local SageTV" I get the following error:

UI Context: "SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI" is not active:
Webserver is running in SageTV Service - no remote control possible
use: /sage/SageCommand?command=<command>&context=<context>

I also used to have an option to control which file was playing from the web server. I don't know if this broke when I upgraded from v4 to v5 or if something else is wrong.

Ideas?
You can't Web remote with only Sage TV service running. You have to run the full UI instead of the service.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
You can't Web remote with only Sage TV service running. You have to run the full UI instead of the service.
This is going to sound stupid, but what do I have to do to "run the full UI"? I upgraded from v2.8 to v4 to v5 in very quick succession, and thought I did it right. (Even think this worked on v4.)

I have the SageTV service running to record programs; I have a SageTV process running to be the viewer. Is there more to it than that?

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2006, 02:50 AM
SageTVaholic

If you want to contol the ui when you are also using service mode, add the webserver startup to SageClient.properties, and specify a different port. Connect to this second webserver port to control the UI. (bottom of installation instructions)

Tags
web