SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-17-2006, 08:11 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Makes sense now.
Thanks for the clarification Nielm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
it tells the media player plugin to play the file directly from the disk path shown in the detailed info page... (it uses the 'file playlist' that is also on the detailed info page)
This will only work if
  • you are on the server
  • or you are using UNC paths with appropriate share permissions
  • or if you are using drive letters, and the PC you are browsing from has a mapped drive to the server drive with *exactly* the same drive letter/path to the video files...
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 05-25-2006, 01:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there something that I can enter into the search box for albums to list all of the albums in my music directories... I tried to use (*) but it does not work...

Clients: 2 HD Extenders
Old 05-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
Is there something that I can enter into the search box for albums to list all of the albums in my music directories... I tried to use (*) but it does not work...
Leaving the search box blank seems to work. When I tested this though, I ran into a (I think) unrelated problem. I got this error for one of my albums/songs/whatever

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Exception while executing SageApi: "HasAlbumArt" numargs=1
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: Exception while executing SageApi: "HasAlbumArt" numargs=1
at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.Api(SageApi.java:20)
at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.booleanApi(SageApi.java:144)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.Airing.printAiringTableCell(Airing.java:355)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SearchServlet.doServletGet(SearchServlet.java:520)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:75)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1553)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1528)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1415)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sage.SageTV.api(Unknown Source)
at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.Api(SageApi.java:17)
... 10 more
Caused by: sage.d.e: Error in method reflection of HasAlbumArt of java.lang.NullPointerException
at sage.as.a(Unknown Source)
at sage.d.a(Unknown Source)
... 12 more

Just thought nielm would want to know.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
Just leave the search field blank and pick the "Search in" "Title/Album" option. This will give every track on every album.

Set the display to "All" if you want all entries listed; but, if your MP3s are across your network, expect the result to take a while.

I don't see an option for Album only -- sounds like it could be helpful for big collections.

Case Lian Li PC-A71F, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P, CPU Intel Core i7-860, RAM 8 GB, Encoders 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250's, VideoCard PowerCooler AX4350, OS Windows 7 Pro, SageTV 6.6.2, SageTV Media Extender, SageTV Client, SageTV PlaceShifter, Sage Webserver.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:38 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to klunde Send a message via AIM to klunde Send a message via MSN to klunde Send a message via Yahoo to klunde
Why can't I select recurring interval when adding a timed recording? Is there a special reason this isn't included in the web interface?
Old 06-07-2006, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunde
Why can't I select recurring interval when adding a timed recording? Is there a special reason this isn't included in the web interface?
It's because the web interface cannot handle the possibility of recording conflicts with other manual recordings when adding recurring timed recordings...
Old 06-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to klunde Send a message via AIM to klunde Send a message via MSN to klunde Send a message via Yahoo to klunde
OK, I see. The reason for asking was that I in the past few days had to re-enter 120 manual schedules about 5 or 6 times and that sure takes time when you have to scroll up/down on the time-wheel all the time...
Old 06-10-2006, 09:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey neilm, do RSS and SSL not play nicely together? I'm having trouble with the RSS pages/feeds once I subscribe to them with IE [cough]7[/cough]
Old 06-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

streaming?

Sorry if this has been answered but....

I have webserver 2.8 installed on Sage 5.0.3 beta and trying to watch streaming content on my lan using the latest VLC (0.8.5). VLC starts and plays maybe a second of content then freezes.

I switched to HTTPS and I don't even get that far. VLC just stays blank.

Any ideas?
Old 06-12-2006, 12:54 AM
SageTVaholic

stanger: (I don't use SSL) There should be no difference on the webserver side between RSS over HTTP and RSS over HTTPS -- perhaps IE7 does not like RSS over HTTPS? Have you tried a different reader?

dblaine2:
I have not tried VLC 0.8.5 yet: try using the full VLC to view the streaming content (either click on the streaming M3U playlist and open it in VLC, or copy the filename http hotlink and open it in VLC). Turning on messages in VLC may indicate where the problem is.

Streaming over HTTPS is not supported by most video players.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks nielm.

I tried your suggestion and when using the full VLC client it play excruciating slow - really low fps. I don't have this problem with placeshifter or even the sage client. Is there some tuning to help this out? I am using 802.11g with standard HTTP.

So your statements says most... does that imply you know some that do support HTTPS streaming?
Old 06-13-2006, 07:37 AM
Sage User

I just started playing with a trial of Sage TV and the this webserver plug-in and I've managed to fix any problems i've had so far using the forums...anyway I've encountered some issues with the webserver I just can't figure out:

When I try to select "Favorites Manager" or "Intelligent Recording" I get a Page not found 404 error(I'm using IE6). Intelligent recording is enabled in Sage TV and there are favorites present as well.

Station logos won't show up properly in the EPG Grid View or List View. They show up as broken links(picture with a red X). The Station names show up when I pass my mouse over them but that's it. The Station logos do appear properly in Sage TV itself.

Any help is appreciated...I'm using the latest 2.8 version.

Last edited by kato; 06-13-2006 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato
I just started playing with a trial of Sage TV and the this webserver plug-in and I've managed to fix any problems i've had so far using the forums...anyway I've encountered some issues with the webserver I just can't figure out:

When I try to select "Favorites Manager" or "Intelligent Recording" I get a Page not found 404 error(I'm using IE6). Intelligent recording is enabled in Sage TV and there are favorites present as well....Any help is appreciated...I'm using the latest 2.8 version.

I believe the Intelligent Recording feature in the web server requires version 4.0 or higher of SageTV. The favorites manager might require the same thing, I'm not sure.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Sage User

I'm using v5.0.4 of Sage TV...

Last edited by kato; 06-13-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato
When I try to select "Favorites Manager" or "Intelligent Recording" I get a Page not found 404 error(I'm using IE6). Intelligent recording is enabled in Sage TV and there are favorites present as well.
Check that you installed it correctly -- it sounds like the webserver/servlets.properties file was not updated.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Sage User

Thank you! I just re-extracted the .zip file and started from scratch. I guess SageEncoder(which I installed after) has an older servlets.properties(was missing some lines of code) file and replaced your newer one. I don't even think I was supposed to extract that "Neilm's Web Server changes v1.4.zip" file. That was my own stupidity... Anyway all my problems are solved.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to robgfaulkner
Curious, Im getting a strange error when I try to access my sagepublic/RecordingSchedule RSS Feed.

Check out the screenshot.

I checked the servlets.properties file, and it matches what you have in the 2.8 zip. I have no real clue. XML files come back fine.

Any ideas?

-Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RSSError.JPG (321.6 KB, 266 views)
Old 06-16-2006, 05:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Nielm, any chance we will see an update some time soon which has HDTV/First run marker icons when showing the TV listings in grid view? Currently, I have to click on each show to find out whether its in HD format or first run.

Thanks for the irreplaceable addon!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Sage User

Thanks for this plugin

Thanks nielm , Wheemer, jreichen,
for this very usefull plug-in..
Old 06-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Sage User

it seems like the installation guide is only to run it on the computer with sage installed???

what do i do if i want to do it through a laptop on the same network as the comp with sage installed?

or is the "localhost" suppose to be changed with the computers IP? what if i have a dsl modem and router and want to use a computer not on my network?

Last edited by nickmpower; 06-20-2006 at 12:32 AM.

Tags
web