SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-22-2004, 03:15 AM
SageTVaholic

I am quite surprised that after a whole weekend you have not found any bugs yet -- I am sure I left a few in there for you to find

Chris: beat you: My Sage server is a PIII 600mhz equivalent (Via EPIA M10000)
Old 11-22-2004, 03:16 AM
Sage Expert

now that i have everything working, i can fully sign off on this as the best plug-in ever (my apologies to comskip). Its really phenomenal how simple but so effective this plug-in was.

Last edited by abasu2003; 11-22-2004 at 03:25 AM.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Stylesheet media types: Which one is selected depends on the browser and what it thinks it is displaying on!
I have only tested screen and print because I don't have a browser that supports handheld (and according to codestyle.org, none do!).

As an example: do print preview (in browsers that support it), and you can see that the 'print' stylesheet is used (colors switch to black on white, menu bar is hidden, options buttons are hidden, all groups are expanded in sage recordings and search etc)
Old 11-22-2004, 05:43 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
I am quite surprised that after a whole weekend you have not found any bugs yet -- I am sure I left a few in there for you to find

Ah well, mine is actually a c3 900Mhz running in a microAtx board, so I win! Having a few memory issues. I was wondering if the webserver used much memory? My box with only sage and ultravnc running is struggling to stay under 256Mb real memory used.

Chris
Old 11-22-2004, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Chris: damn!
Webserver should not use much extra memory when idle (maybe a couple of extra Kb, but I have never actually measured it). Each time it serves a page it will allocate a bunch of memory (depending on the page and what info it needs to get), but this will be garbage-collected later by java...

On my system now, SageTVService (with webserver) is using 45Mb, and SageTV (no webserver, sleeping) 111Mb (according to task manager)

After serving a few pages (big searches and a couple of EPG list showing 24hrs and all 55 channels), its still at 45Mb (which surprises me!)
Old 11-22-2004, 07:05 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Chris: damn!
Webserver should not use much extra memory when idle (maybe a couple of extra Kb, but I have never actually measured it). Each time it serves a page it will allocate a bunch of memory (depending on the page and what info it needs to get), but this will be garbage-collected later by java...

On my system now, SageTVService (with webserver) is using 45Mb, and SageTV (no webserver, sleeping) 111Mb (according to task manager)

After serving a few pages (big searches and a couple of EPG list showing 24hrs and all 55 channels), its still at 45Mb (which surprises me!)
Fair enough. I think I need to rationalise my windows services a bit and see if I can get it down to a more manageable level, either that or get another couple of sticks of sdram off fleabay!

I think that maybe the memory issue is the guide data. I usually run with about a week`s worth and this time used 14 days, which obviously will lead to more memory usage.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisAllenFiz; 11-22-2004 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Beat you both, see my signature....

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 11-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

All I have to say is...OMG!!!!

This is and the MVP client released so close to eachother, I may not be able to take it! Have this installed and its working awesome...can't believe how nice it is....
Old 11-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs up

Nielm,

I too have to say thank you, and commend you on the excellent work. I've been admiring it all weekend, and I am still impressed.

Three cheers for Nielm!!!
Server: Antec SLK3800B, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Biostar TForce 550, GeForce 7300LE, 1GB DDR2 800, 2 x HVR-1600, PVR-150MCE, 1.4TB HD Space, XP Pro, Java6, Latest SageTV Version
Old 11-22-2004, 09:41 PM
Sage User

I gotta say good job too! More then I could have ever expected!

Old 11-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Sage User

Remove background

Is there any way to remove the background or maybe add it as a feature?

The reason I ask, is that I use the sage web-server through a remote desktop and the background causes a great lag. Yes, I know I can just open the port (8080) to the outside world but I like to minimize the amount of ports I have open.

Hold that thought....
Well I just answered my own question... I just renamed background.jpg under the webserver\webroot\sage directory to something else

Maybe someone else can use this info... so that is why I'll still submit it...

Thanks,
Jack
Old 11-23-2004, 12:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

I finally got 2.1.10 working (thanks George), and this was the first add-on I installed. All I gotta say is freaking sweet! Worked superbly from the start. Nielm, you are a golden god
Old 11-23-2004, 01:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmossman
Is there any way to remove the background or maybe add it as a feature?
edit sage_screen.css and remove the lines containing:
background-*
The next version will have the option to use different CSS files via a cookie, so you can have one CSS file for home intranet, and a different one for external access.

Last edited by nielm; 11-23-2004 at 02:04 AM.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:06 AM
Sage User

ok have been running sage since march and have never had it not record stuff for me. i have never come home and found sage had abended

finnally got sage 2.1 to work for me early last week and is still working for me

what i like is it will go into standby and come out.

this worked for 4 days

added this webserver aplet 1.1

next 2 days in a row when i brought the machine out of standby found sage was not running.

remove the load at startup line from the properties

this morning and this evenwing when i got home brought machine out of standby and found sage still running and programs had been recorded in the interum

no obvious errors in the event logs

I know this is not conclusive

but i realise that other who are running this are probably not using standby as they are sort of mutually exclusive, however i plan to use wake on ring (ie call home forces machine on) then i can use the web server to setup a recording

if there are otherlogs i can look at or thing i can check i am happy to do this just dont know what other info to supply you

-e
Old 11-23-2004, 07:50 AM
Sage User

Neil, I have a possible bug for you. When deleting a file, you get the "are you sure" dialog, and then when you click ok, the next page never loads, and you have to go back to find a valid page. The page that fails to load is at URL

http://<ipaddress>:8080/sage/MediaFileCommand?command=DeleteFile&MediaFileId=1374634&returnto=Recordings

this page works the first time a file is deleted, when a login is required, but not after that. When you refresh the page you get an unknown airing error, so the file has actually been deleted

Chris
Old 11-23-2004, 01:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiwi
added this webserver aplet 1.1
next 2 days in a row when i brought the machine out of standby found sage was not running.
I don't use standby normally (my PC has no way of waking it up unless you press the power button!) but I did a quick test and it seemed to work... The webserver has no code in it that should stop the entire sage process: even if there is some catastophic failure, this would only stop the webserver thread, and the process should continue running...

Are you using service mode or not? (service mode has the automatic recovery option, so that even if it crashes, it will be restarted)
Old 11-23-2004, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAllenFiz
Neil, I have a possible bug for you. When deleting a file, you get the "are you sure" dialog, and then when you click ok, the next page never loads, and you have to go back to find a valid page.
The web request that does the delete returns a 302/redirect value instructing the browser to go to a different page, so I guess if the file is deleted, the redirect is failing...

Which browser are you using?
Old 11-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Sage User

I am not using service, just because there was a lot of talk that the issues people where having where because of usinghte service option.

Is it worth giving it a try? Or do the issues with the service outway the benefits.

-e

note I only have one machine ie its the live machine, as i said before i have never had a issue with it not working after a while, all my issues have been evident from the launch of the app, ie all b/w, weird pb issues or weird encoding issues, never that it didnt record something. so testing will have to happen on evenings where there is nothing i want to really watch during the night so that i dont miss anything important
Old 11-23-2004, 05:03 PM
SageTVaholic

I have no issues at all running the service (but my UI occaisionally crashes, and has some directX problems requiring restarts, so doing the recordings in a separate process is a big benefit for me)
Old 11-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiwi
I am not using service, just because there was a lot of talk that the issues people where having where because of usinghte service option.
I use standby, I'm not running service either. I've been using standby since I found out that the latest Sage tv supports waking to record, and since my newly build Sage machine has no problem with standby (my old one used to crash everytime going to standby).

Anyway, this webserver works just fine on my machine for the last few days. Even got it to wake up dialing from my workplace's to set a recording.

Tags
web