SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
So far its running just fine. Been clicking through the screens. Really liking it.

I do have one feature request for nielm...how difficult would it be to add a search criteria for seaching by filename.

I lost 1 TB of recorded videos and I would like an easy way to identify which shows were recorded onto that server. So if I could seach by a partial match in the filename of all the recorded shows...then I could proceed to start cleaning up the mess. Because I have 100's of videos that are still showing up in the SageTV recordings...but I know for sure they are gone. Because I had to rebuild that server including refomatting drives... long boring story anyway...
Old 10-11-2006, 02:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question question on how to improve Webserver cooperation with XBMC

hi,

XBMC viewing is currently limited to traditional VCR viewing, i.e. the recording has to be finished before you can actually watch it (that is not really true nor false as you will see)

There are 2 ways the XBMC script can show the recorded video:

- direct access to the file

The program does not really have to be recorded completely before you can start watching but you can only do so up to the time you started watching. Lets say you have a 30 min show and 10 min in the show you start watching. The time box will say that you're watching 00:00:nn / 00:10:00. After you have watched 80% of the show the script will mark the show as watched by means of the webserver. Then something really bad happens and the system stops recording. I have to admit that when I start recording a file and I set it to watched that I cannot replicate this behaviour using the Webserver alone so maybe the SageTV script does something else in reality.

Then I start watching the show again and a second file is created for the same show continuing the recording. I'm not sure that I would get a second file if I did not try to continue watching. The file splitting behaviour can easily be reproduced using SageTV.py and XBMC.

I think even if I did switch off the watched setting that I would still be in trouble - as it would not show me the complete recording in one go. So this is a dead end.

- streaming through the webserver

According to Coolwave this is not recommended for performance reasons but I have to say it works nicely. However when I request the playlist.m3u from the Webserver this is what I get when I try 3 times with 5 second interval:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:5,"Herfstbeelden" at 9:30 AM on 2 Canvas
http://www.------.tv:8080/sagepublic...4248&Segment=0

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:10,"Herfstbeelden" at 9:30 AM on 2 Canvas

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:15,"Herfstbeelden" at 9:30 AM on 2 Canvas

The number after EXTINF: is the number of seconds that will be streamed to you. Now I tried something in Windows - I copied the playlist and changed the number of seconds and the file kept playing beyond the point in time where I actually started playing it. [EDIT] not so sure anymore as my mediaplayer was set to replay at end of file - Nielm: is it possible that teh webserver continues streaming (or to let it do so) ? [EDIT]

So in that sense the Webserver is a bit conservative - it gives the number of seconds that it has and not the number of seconds that it will record. I still have to experiment a bit on what will happen if I fast forward too much and that sort of things but at least it looks promising.

As always in IT there are several places to fix a problem: when I change the playlist before submitting it to the XBMC player the webserver might as well give it directly - on the other hand if SageTV continues to record after the current show (as in watch livetv) then not even the Webserver knows what value to pass on.

Alternative solutions (in random order):

- the webserver gives the time of the total recording including padding in the playlist even if SageTV is still recording. This would allow streaming recordings which are currently recording in the webserver also.
- the webserver gives duration and padding and I modify the playlist before I submit it to the player. Currently it gives padding only after recording is finished?
- we don't care and I modify the playlist before submitting it to play for the next 3 hrs expecting the user to hit the stop button to stop watching

[EDIT] Well I tried alternative number 3 and it did not work - the client got a playlist with duration of 3 hrs but I think the Webserver stopped streaming [EDIT]

Input on which solution to go for is very welcome.

Jan

p.s.: thanks very much for all the effort you have put in this so far (in case you didn't see it on the XBMC script page )

Last edited by jhh; 10-12-2006 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Download Database is Locked

Trying to download this plugin and view the instructions on the Wiki but I am getting the following error..

Oops...
Trac detected an internal error:

database is locked

If you think this really should work and you can reproduce it. Then you should consider to report this problem to the Trac team.

Go to http://trac.edgewall.com/ and create a new ticket where you describe the problem, how to reproduce it. Don't forget to include the python traceback found below.

TracGuide — The Trac User and Administration Guide
Python traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/core.py", line 531, in cgi_start
real_cgi_start()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/core.py", line 526, in real_cgi_start
dispatch_request(path_info, args, req, env)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/core.py", line 433, in dispatch_request
req.session = Session.Session(env, req, newsession)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/Session.py", line 51, in __init__
self.get_session(sid)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/Session.py", line 114, in get_session
self.update_sess_time()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/Session.py", line 99, in update_sess_time
self['last_visit'] = sess_time
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/Session.py", line 59, in __setitem__
return self.set_var(key, val)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/Session.py", line 138, in set_var
self.purge_expired()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/trac/Session.py", line 175, in purge_expired
" AND var_value < %i)", mintime)
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/sqlite/main.py", line 237, in execute
self.con._begin()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/sqlite/main.py", line 503, in _begin
self.db.execute("BEGIN")
OperationalError: database is locked
Old 10-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Sage Icon

#1236 & 1237

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=1236
Old 10-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiier__Dude
Trying to download this plugin and view the instructions on the Wiki but I am getting the following error..

Oops...
Trac detected an internal error:

database is locked
I have seen that happen a few times lately. I just try again in a little bit and its fine and I can download. Usually seems to happen later at night. Maybe backups are running or something on the server and thats causing interference.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just wanted to say THANKS to Jreichen for the updates! The RSS feed for search results is exceptionally handy; I use it in place of keyword favorites since I often find that keyword favorites end up recording lots of stuff that I'm not looking for. This way the shows just pop up in my newsreader and if I want to record them I click on the show and hit record - otherwise, they just pass on by.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslatt
Just wanted to say THANKS to Jreichen for the updates! The RSS feed for search results is exceptionally handy; I use it in place of keyword favorites since I often find that keyword favorites end up recording lots of stuff that I'm not looking for. This way the shows just pop up in my newsreader and if I want to record them I click on the show and hit record - otherwise, they just pass on by.
Big thanks to nielm for the other RSS feeds and to you for the request. I also find it useful as another type of favorite. I have it set up for Modern Marvels so I don't miss new episodes, but I don't want to record all of them. And all the search options make it very flexible!
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Sage Icon

ToonGal: I'm glad you're enjoying the new version and thanks for the new ideas. I see some of your previous requests that didn't make it into 2.9 are in your list again
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Feature Request: Can you add to the "Home" page an entry for the next upcoming recording? I love how that feature in neilm's custom menus plugin gives an at-a-glance indication of what's recording next.

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

It's possible this has already been answered, but with 64 pages to browse through, forgive me if I ask it again!

I've just set this up, it's great and it was wonderfully easy to do. Got it running behind Apache using mod_proxy, as this allows me to use the SSL I've already set up for Apache and also means I don't have to put port numbers into the URL. I'll stick something up on the WIKI about doing that tonight, as it seems to me something others might want to do too.

However, I would also like to use Apache's mod_sspi to use my ActiveDirectory to control access. I've got this working already for other things I run behind Apache. If I enable it for the web server I get an IndexOutOfBoundsException. My guess is that the servlet is trying to do some match up between the HTTP authentication I've sent to Apache and the realms.properties file. Just wondering if there's a way to tell the sage webserver not to bother with authentication at all, and just let Apache handle it?

Not to worry if there isn't, I dare say I can have a look at the source and work something out myself.

Client:
Sage Client 6.1.9, Java 1.6.0_01, AthlonXP 3000+, 512MB RAM, GeForce 6150, ForceWare 93.71, nForce 8.26, PureVideo 1.02-223, SageMC 6.3.2c
Old 10-26-2006, 05:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney
However, I would also like to use Apache's mod_sspi to use my ActiveDirectory to control access. I've got this working already for other things I run behind Apache. If I enable it for the web server I get an IndexOutOfBoundsException.
Out of curiosity, whats the stack trace
Quote:
My guess is that the servlet is trying to do some match up between the HTTP authentication I've sent to Apache and the realms.properties file. Just wondering if there's a way to tell the sage webserver not to bother with authentication at all, and just let Apache handle it?
just comment or remove the lines in realms.properties and restart!
Old 10-26-2006, 06:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks nielm, I'll give it a go and report back tonight. I'll let you know what the stack trace looks like, too.

Client:
Sage Client 6.1.9, Java 1.6.0_01, AthlonXP 3000+, 512MB RAM, GeForce 6150, ForceWare 93.71, nForce 8.26, PureVideo 1.02-223, SageMC 6.3.2c
Old 10-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Neilm,

It would be good, if you could make an xml feed for the disk usage info on the home page available.

What do you think?

Cheers

Dan

Last edited by danward79; 10-29-2006 at 06:29 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Commenting out that line made it work instantly, thanks very much.

All there was in the error log was this:
[Thu Oct 26 08:19:03 BST 2006] unexpected problem running servlet net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.HomeServlet: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

No stack trace.

Client:
Old 10-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Something got messed up with my Sage Web....I recently installed the movies pluging...did that cause it? How to proceed....

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/StringLjava/lang/Object;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.SageApi.ApiUI(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/StringLjava/lang/Object;
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.HomeServlet.doServletGet(HomeServlet.java:151)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:75)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.runServlet(Serve.java:1553)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.parseRequest(Serve.java:1528)
at Acme.Serve.ServeConnection.run(Serve.java:1415)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks....
Old 10-26-2006, 04:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by akenis
Something got messed up with my Sage Web....I recently installed the movies pluging...did that cause it? How to proceed....

Exception while processing servlet:
try this
Old 10-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbanera
Has anyone tried the latest neilm webserver with a Windows Mobile Pocket PC?
I just got my new Treo 700wx yesterday and have been playing with it while at work... (Don't tell the boss!) It's the only thing that I might be able to use as of late to watch anything... I seem to be living away from home!

In any case, there are some problems...

The 'detailedInfo' (...DetailedInfo?MediaFileId=4536979) links from within the SageRecordings menu do not show up...

I also tried out several other browsers (Opera, Minimo, Webby) and all had difficulties...

Opera was the 'best' at displaying the detailedinfo link but then would not 'detect' either Pocket Media Player or TCPMP... it simply said that I had no supported players.

As a side note, there is a VLC client for Windows Mobile, but it has not been updated since February of '06, and it has been dropped from being updated.

Right now, I am using Orb 2.0 to stream the files... With EVDO it does not even hiccup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Do you have anywhere I can find out what level of JS that pocket IE supports?
Would this help?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...eroverview.asp

or this...

http://www.ppczone.net/forum/archive...p/t-22308.html

Take care,

Jason
Old 10-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Sage Expert

OK... still playing around with my 700wx...

I am using Netfront 3.3 which supports these specification:

Supports latest W3C specifications

-HTML4.01, XHTML1.1, cHTML, XHTML Basic 1.0, WML1.3-CSS 1 & 2-ECMAScript 3rd Edition (JavaScript 1.5)-DOM1, 2 and Dynamic HTML-GIF, animated GIF, BMP, PNG, JPEG and MNG-HTTP1.1-SSL2.0/3.0,TLS1.0-Cookies

While NF supports JS 1.5(?) it appears that the webserver implements some calls that are not useable.

With Netfront being the 'most' javascript compatible browser for Windows Mobile 5, how difficult would it be to remove the offending code (or JS completely?) and go with a more HTML basic version? To make it more PIE useable,
Quote:
As a rule, use the specifications for JScript version 1.1 and the IE 3.02 DOM to make an application accessible to most Pocket PC users. Please note that VBScript is not supported by the browser, and JScript support in pIE has its share of quirks. For example, pIE cannot spawn multiple browser windows—it uses a single window only. Script errors are also turned off by default.

Here is a basic link that talks about NF and PIE and 'what they render:

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=505

It is a shame that Microsoft decided to not have a more thorough JS built in to Pocket IE! They went with their own 'version'... JScript .

Just for reference, here is the 'Official' word on the scripting capabilities of PIE (Pocket Internet Explorer).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...et_pc_ywct.asp

I'm sorry if this may have been better posted in it's own post...

-Jason

Last edited by Jason; 10-28-2006 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:48 AM
SageTVaholic

What doesn't show up on the detailed info?

I tried to get it to degrade gracefully if JS is not available, but as I had noting to test with...

For embedded playback, yes it only knows how to embed VLC/WMP/RealPlayer, but that code is pure HTML/JS, so if you want to have a play at getting it working, help yourself!
Old 11-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

How to run IIS and neilm's server at the same time

OK.... question of the day.....

I have been and want to continue using neil's web server for Sage.

However I want to also use IIS to set up a dynamic family web site with features that I cannot get in the java web server that is included with neil's web server.

Does anyone know of a way I can use IIS as the main port 80 coming in from the internet, but if the user requests xxx.com/sage that I could get IIS to forward to the sage server's IP address for Sage to resolve the rest?

Thanks!

Stacy

Tags
web