SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtom
nielm I just want to say thankyou for the awesome plug-in. Sage should pay you some money because you are the reason I chose it for my DVR. I know this is going to get lost in the flood (67 pages atm) but for all you who have sageTV download this now. It makes SageTV a complete package. Thanks again.
+1
Old 01-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Zero: It's already there as XML output of search results...

You would either have to write something in meedio that understands my format, or transform it into xmltv.
Thanks great - how might I grab this XML? - using wget?

I'll look around for xmltv info - but just incase -do you have a link handy on what I need to do this.

Thanks again,
Ryan
Old 01-22-2007, 07:03 AM

When trying to download...

Oops...
Trac detected an internal error:
database is locked

Thanks,
Red
Old 01-22-2007, 08:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltic88
When trying to download...

Oops...
Trac detected an internal error:
database is locked

Thanks,
Red
It appears something strange is going on with the file at sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=473365

It tells me the file cannot be read. If it's not fixed by this evening, I'll host a link for it.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Moving videos from Imported back to SageTV menu

I recently had problems with a disk drive and by the time I pulled the bad drive out and extracted the recordings to the new drive and installed it, about 30 of my 100 videos ended up as Imported videos while the rest ended up in my SageTV menu.

Using the WebServer, I am able to see that the Imported videos ID's do not match the file name ID's. Is there a way to correct this using this information so that my recordings will show up back into the SageTV menu as before instead of as imported recordings?

If yes, can someone please explain what exactly do I need to do?

Original issue posted here: Imported Videos Back to SageTV Menu?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
It appears something strange is going on with the file at sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=473365

It tells me the file cannot be read. If it's not fixed by this evening, I'll host a link for it.
webserver_2_11.zip

Here you go.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen
I don't know of anywhere else. Basically just extract the zip file to the SageTV install directory. Make sure you preserve the folder structure. Then edit Sage.properties or SageClient.properties and set the following:
Code:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer
If there is already something to the right of the equals sign, separate the items with a semicolon. You can change the password in <SageTV install dir>\webserver\realms.properties. Make sure Sage is not running when doing these steps.

There is a lot more info on the wiki so keep checking it until it's back up.
I've followed these instructions, then tried to go to Http://192.168.1.xxx (SageTV's IP Address) - but it just times out. I also tried with the firewall off - am I missing something?
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT
I've followed these instructions, then tried to go to Http://192.168.1.xxx (SageTV's IP Address) - but it just times out. I also tried with the firewall off - am I missing something?
Your port, and the menu.

http://192.168.1.xxx:8080/sage/Home

You can also use the computer name, if it has one.

http://HTPC:8080/sage/Home

The port, I believe, is in the properties file. I had to change mine from the default, since something was on 8080.

Last edited by geogecko; 01-25-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Rss Feed

Is there a way I can edit the RSS feed output? Im monitoring the RSS feed for Upcoming recording in SageMC and the lines are too long. I think I can reduce the amount of date by removing some of the data.

For instance I can remove Sage TV is recording and also the Year from the RSS feed and it wouldnt bother me.

Thx

Technazz
Old 01-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Sage User

First,

Thank you for these awesome plugin. It has solved so many problems that I should be thanking for a whole day... well...

I would like to give one suggestion:

I have a lot of favorites in my schedule. Its kind of hard when I want to record a specific movie to see if it conflicts with another series. I could use the same favorite option to record the movie, but this is a little bit ugly.

My idea is to show an icon on the epg's screen if the show is in a time window already covered by another record. And when I enter the details window, it would show all conflicts...

Anyway, Thx
Old 01-31-2007, 07:43 PM
Sage Icon

Why not just look at the Conflicts Menu item?

If you are using an RSS feed reader (RSS Bandit), I have a feed setup to watch that particular page, and if anything ever shows up in there, I get a new feed item.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
Is there a way I can edit the RSS feed output?
not without editing the code...
Quote:
Im monitoring the RSS feed for Upcoming recording in SageMC and the lines are too long. I think I can reduce the amount of date by removing some of the data.

For instance I can remove Sage TV is recording and also the Year from the RSS feed and it wouldnt bother me.
firstly, hasn't SageMC got it's own Upcoming recordings list?

Secondly, the RSS feed title only contains the title/episode/date/channel. I don't know where you are getting 'Sage TV is recording' from

eg:
Code:
        <item>
            <title>"Stargate SG-1 - Flesh and Blood" at 04-Feb-2007 18:15 on 21-KANAALTWEE</title>
            <link>http://xxxxx/sage/DetailedInfo?AiringId=2722625</link>
            <description>(blah blah blah) (Category: Sci-Fi)</description>
            <guid>http://xxxxx/sage/DetailedInfo?AiringId=2722625</guid>
            <pubDate>Sun, 4 Feb 2007 18:15:00 CET</pubDate>
        </item>
Old 02-01-2007, 02:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfsoares
I have a lot of favorites in my schedule. Its kind of hard when I want to record a specific movie to see if it conflicts with another series.
It is even harder for the webserver to figure this out itself, if you take into account repeats, shuffling the recordings assigned to each tuner etc. The webserver has no access to sage's internal conflict resolution system other than to display the existing conlficts.

The only thing you can do is set a recording, and resolve the conflicts later
Old 02-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Sage User

I wasn't thinking in something so good, as to predict if it will have a conflict after setting the record.

I was thinking if it is possible just to show if it has already something scheduled on that time window. So this way we just have to know what is scheduled to record on one time frame...

[\s Humberto
Old 02-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
not without editing the code...
firstly, hasn't SageMC got it's own Upcoming recordings list?

Secondly, the RSS feed title only contains the title/episode/date/channel. I don't know where you are getting 'Sage TV is recording' from

eg:
Code:
        <item>
            <title>"Stargate SG-1 - Flesh and Blood" at 04-Feb-2007 18:15 on 21-KANAALTWEE</title>
            <link>http://xxxxx/sage/DetailedInfo?AiringId=2722625</link>
            <description>(blah blah blah) (Category: Sci-Fi)</description>
            <guid>http://xxxxx/sage/DetailedInfo?AiringId=2722625</guid>
            <pubDate>Sun, 4 Feb 2007 18:15:00 CET</pubDate>
        </item>

Actually it says "SageTv Recording Schedule" (title of the Rss feed), I think SageMC Rss feed inserts it. Ill post in the SageMC Thread.

Thanks

Technazz

Last edited by technazz; 02-01-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Sage Expert

I installed the plugin today and am very impressed...

worked first time right out of the "box"...

I tried looking back at posts for answers to a few questions, but with 68 pages, its hard to find specific answers...

2 issues...

1) DVD stucture does not come through...The application opens and says "playing", but no video or audio and the timeline is not moving forward.

2) when I "stop" an imported video and then start another, many times I will get an Internet explorer error. Something like "Internet Explorer has encountered an error and must close"....Any help with this? Especially if I change file types, i.e., mpg to vob... so far only "stream" works for me.

I'm sure I'll have lots more questions and I'll try to find answer first...

Thanks..and great plug in..

Gary Ellis
Old 02-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Default quality

Hi

Thanks Nielm for this excellent plugin, can't leave home without it

I've noticed a small bug, which seems to be related to the webserver.

If I add or alter a favourite via the webserver, and set the quality to "Default", in my case 3.0GB/h, the actual quality set for this fav is 2.0GB/h. It can't be seen until the recording is made. According to the webserver (I'm using 2.11), it's still set to "default". In Sage interface (using 6.0.19) fav details, though, it will show no quality setting at all. I.e, non of the options have a green light. If I correct it there and set it to default, it seems to be ok. A fav created in sage directly will get the correct quality setting.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis
1) DVD stucture does not come through...The application opens and says "playing", but no video or audio and the timeline is not moving forward.

2) when I "stop" an imported video and then start another, many times I will get an Internet explorer error. Something like "Internet Explorer has encountered an error and must close"....Any help with this? Especially if I change file types, i.e., mpg to vob... so far only "stream" works for me.
I guess you are using the embedded player. I am not surprised that DVDs do not work, and I don't know how I could make them work in an embedded player.

As for the second one, which embedded player are you using? It looks like a bug in the embedded player is crashing IE: check you have the latest version, and remember that VLC is very Beta!

Neo: Thanks I will look into that...
Old 02-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Sage Expert

I think I am using VLC...the crashes with IE have gotten less and it seems to be working better..

As for the DVD, I click on view in external player, but it brings up Media Player which does the same thing...Some how I need to switch the default player that opens when I say external.

Another interesting thing..I noticed when I played an HD recorded video, the video would play for 10 seconds and stop..I would press pause and then play and it would start for another 10 seconds...(I'm sure bandwidth or players or something)

one other question... when I go to imported media...I would love the imported "results" to show like they do in Sage..with a "directory" structure.

I see the directory structure in the Sage recorded tab. But, the imported tab shows a complete listing of all media that meets the criteria.

Great plugin..

Thanks..

Gary Ellsi

Last edited by garyellis; 02-05-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:05 PM

First off, want to say thanks for the great plugin! I use it all the time.

I made a few visual changes for my own personal preference that I wanted to share. I wanted to see more listings on the screen at a time, and I prefer to have the folder icon on the left side. I also changed the lines around the recordings listings.

The changes that I made are only to the images, css, and .js files so you can apply it without restarting Sage. Just copy the files to the "c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\webserver\webroot\sage" folder. You may want to make a backup of the files before overwriting them in case you don't like it.

The images I copied from other plugins and I made some small changes, so the credit goes to others for them. I've included a screenshot below.

-Doug

EDIT: The images are fine in Firefox, but the transparency doesn't show up correctly in IE.

webserver3.PNG

webserverMod1.zip

Last edited by dhenning23; 02-08-2007 at 10:42 AM.

Tags
web