SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:41 AM
Sage Expert

Can I get a "folders" view for the imported files using the webserver?

In other words...I have all of my video, music and pictures in a directory structure and would like to see the "results" of the search in a folders structure rather than a long list.

Thanks, Great plugin...

Gary Ellis
Old 02-10-2007, 02:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Using opera mini I navigate to, http://webserver:8080/sage/menu.html.
A pop-up comes up in the opera mini browser saying, JavaScript Alert
Error in menu_items.js--check syntax.

I have to put in my user name and password a couple of times before, I actually reach the sage menu page above.
When I scroll to a menu item such as, EPG List View I have to input my login details again before it will open the page in the browser.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

deleted

Last edited by UFGrayMatter; 02-13-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Sage User

Thanks again!

At the risk of making an already long thread already longer: Thanks man!

This web server rocks.

And I really appreciate that backwards compatibility is being maintained with V2.2.

Cheers!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
mkanet][/B]
Any chance we can request to NOT include any video streaming code and just offer it as an addon? I am already using www.ORB.com's superior & free TV show streaming service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
you don't have to use it and it will not interfere with ORB (it will be HTTP based streaming)
Following the ORB Forums, they recently posted some preliminary API's for ver 2...

http://forums.orb.com/viewforum.php?f=29

If we follow the Sage WIKI...

Quote:
For customisation for other players/platforms/browsers, the player*.html files may need to be modified:
The /sage/player.html performs browser and plugin detection, and then forwards the browser to a specific page for playback depending on the file type/browser/platform.
we should be able to have the webserver re-direct the resulting page to a pda/smartphone friendly page... right?

Taking that a step further, we should be able to have that pda friendly page 'autoserve' an .asx stream using ORB via their 'Stream'

My question is (and sorry for the long post/hijack...)...

How can I find the ORB mediumID of the file I wish to stream? The API doc does not clearly state this...

Anybody?

-Jason
Old 02-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
How can I find the ORB mediumID of the file I wish to stream? The API doc does not clearly state this...

Anybody?

-Jason
From a quick glance at the API document, it looks like you can pull it back using the search function, searching on path.filename

This should return an xml result that has a list of item nodes with an attribute for mediumId. In theory if you search on an exact file name you should only get back a single result.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

RSS feed for "Premiere" shows

I have started playing with RSS feeds with the web interface, and it occurred to me that it could be fun to have an RSS feed I could display as part of the SageMC interface that would display the premiere shows that I can view using the SageMC interface.

That way I could have the next couple of days of premiere scroll on the SageMC screen as an RSS feed and add a show that I might find interesting.

I don't think this is possible today. Is it ?

Would this be possible ?

Thanks in advance ! This is a great "plug-in".

Last edited by Berg; 02-21-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm so lonely ... so very lonely ...

I was hoping to hear somebody chiming in on this ... anyone ?!
Old 02-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslatt
From a quick glance at the API document, it looks like you can pull it back using the search function, searching on path.filename

This should return an xml result that has a list of item nodes with an attribute for mediumId. In theory if you search on an exact file name you should only get back a single result.
Exactly right!

<A href="http://mycast.orb.com/orb/data/stream.asx?q=path.filename="BattlestarGalactica-Rapture-4960918-0.mpg">http://mycast.orb.com/orb/data/stream.asx?q=path.filename="BattlestarGalactica-Rapture-4960918-0.mpg"

This will stream the file, based on a filename query... Yohan from Orb said basically the same as you... unfortunately it is not working for me.

If this can ever work, then a simple link from within the WebServer will utilize Orb as the streaming server...

-Jason
Old 02-27-2007, 06:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

FYI: I went to grab the download (haven't updated in a while), but the link looks broken.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

2 web-servers?

Hi,

Is it possible to have the 2.8 version of the webserver on port 8080 on a machine running sagetv service and the latest version on port 8081 on a sagetv client running on the same machine?

I've done some tests and it looks sort of ok but then at a certain point it seemed to be broken as I got version 2.11 on both ports in my browser.

I have the webserver folder copied to webserver_old and have updated sagetv.properties to reflect this. Sagetvclient.properties refers to webserver so they are more or less split - however there is no reference to the JAR folder in the properties file so that could screw it up...

Why: Xbox media center works nicely with version 2.8 while for normal webbrowsing I would like to have the latest and greatest (until I figure out how XBMC plays nicely with a newer version but that is currently a time and knowledge challenge).

Jan
Old 02-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk51
FYI: I went to grab the download (haven't updated in a while), but the link looks broken.
webserver_2_11.zip
Old 02-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Sage Expert

Formatting for Mobile Phones...

For those who use the server via mobile phones, the formatting can be 'stripped' down to save bandwidth and time with google...

Simply prepend the following to the beginning of your access url...

http://www.google.com/gwt/n?u=

-Jason
Old 02-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
For those who use the server via mobile phones, the formatting can be 'stripped' down to save bandwidth and time with google...

Simply prepend the following to the beginning of your access url...

http://www.google.com/gwt/n?u=

-Jason
Strange, Authentication fails for me every time...at least, trying it here on Firefox...

I've always just used the other URL for mobile use, something like /menu.html or something, instead of the /Home.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh
Is it possible to have the 2.8 version of the webserver on port 8080 on a machine running sagetv service and the latest version on port 8081 on a sagetv client running on the same machine?
Maybe, but probably not... The only way this might work is if you had 2 separate Sage installations in their own directories (so that each could have their own JAR)... but I don't know how well this would work with the service...
Old 02-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Niel-

Been gone for awhile with the Holidays and all...

I just saw the 'announcement' for WebGuide4 (MCE Web Server...) and thought... "WOW!"

http://www.asciiexpress.com/webguide...0/Default.aspx

Recalling some of my previous posts re: streaming to a PDA/WM5 phone (Treo 700wx), it appears they are doing it!

I know that you suggested re-writing some of the webpages to 'exclude' the Javascript calls to make the resulting page WM5 friendly. As opposed to doing that, would it be feasible/possible to remove the builtin check for a supported player -> Transcode the file via Sage -> and send the resulting file via a streaming url? This would allow the device to decide what to 'do' with the URL file.

Am I oversimplifying the acts involved?

-Jason

I didn't see a reply to this and was wondering if there were any thoughts regarding this. I, too, saw the webguide on my friend's MCE machine and thought it was a nice interface. The great part was that it would allow streaming of a realtime transcoded clip with a simple URL click. I haven't looked into how they're doing it, but they're probably using some WMEncoder script and integrating with IIS somehow.

I would have thought this subject would be brought up more often (seems like a sought after feature), but possibly shot down for some reason or another (would it cannibalize placeshifter?). Just wondering if there was any research into this and why/why not there hasn't been any more chatter about it.

Thanks,
E

GREAT PLUGIN, BTW! Though the above feature would make it much more useful for me.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by emok
I didn't see a reply to this and was wondering if there were any thoughts regarding this. I, too, saw the webguide on my friend's MCE machine and thought it was a nice interface. The great part was that it would allow streaming of a realtime transcoded clip with a simple URL click. I haven't looked into how they're doing it, but they're probably using some WMEncoder script and integrating with IIS somehow.

I would have thought this subject would be brought up more often (seems like a sought after feature), but possibly shot down for some reason or another (would it cannibalize placeshifter?). Just wondering if there was any research into this and why/why not there hasn't been any more chatter about it.

Thanks,
E

GREAT PLUGIN, BTW! Though the above feature would make it much more useful for me.
I'm 'putzing' around with Orb to get the transcoding done...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=1369

This would allow transcoding on the fly (ala WebGuide)...

-Jason
Old 03-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

RSS .. Feed2js

Neil

Been awhile since I posted. Since Sage has been working fine I have had no need to tweak .. until now

In updating some of my touchscreen pages, I was looking to add the Rss feeds to some webpages. If I put in the info: http://192.168.1.125:8080/sagepublic...hedule?xml=rss
into the sage (not related to Sagetv) Firefox addon I get the Rss feed with no problem.

If I paste the same info into this java script builder:
http://feed2js.org/index.php?s=build
I get nothing.

I serarched this thread (including my old one on the same issues) and found no answers.

Any ideas oh great one?
Old 03-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb
...If I put in the info: http://192.168.1.125:8080/sagepublic...hedule?xml=rss
into the sage (not related to Sagetv) Firefox addon I get the Rss feed with no problem.

If I paste the same info into this java script builder:
http://feed2js.org/index.php?s=build
I get nothing.
192.168.1.125 is a private IP address that is only accessible from inside your home network. Your browser would be able to access it (since it is running on a computer inside your home network), but a website on the internet (like feed2js) would not. If you want to use the feed outside your local network, you'll need to figure out your external IP address and make sure the appropriate ports are mapped to your Sage machine on your router.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Jason/emok:

I looked into trascoding a while back (a couple of months before the Placeshifter was released).
I was looking into dynamically transcoding the mpg into low bandwidth FLV video (like Google/YouTube) using ffmpeg and serving that over HTTP into a Flash video player.

Hit a few problems, got distracted and never came back to it as the placeshifter already existed by then...

Tags
web