SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
BUGFIXES:
  • Video conversions: clean up deleted files before display (fixes java error when src file was deleted)
  • Detailed Info do not attempt to display 'convert' menu item if < v5.1 (fixes java error in 5.0)
  • fix MVP power off command 404
  • fix MVP power off command on linux
Nielm,

Are the fixes jar fixes or just web code? would be nice to not have to take the server down. :-)

Thanks for the rapid fix.

B
Old 08-13-2007, 10:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Jar.. so a server restart is needed.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Nielm, linux update working. Thanks.

b
Old 08-18-2007, 12:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

So, web remote for an extender doesn't work with Sage in service mode?

Seems self explanatory, but this is error:

UI Context: "SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI" is not active:
Webserver is running in SageTV Service - no remote control possible
use: /sage/SageCommand?command=<command>&context=<context>
Old 08-20-2007, 07:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've probably missed the answer, and I apologize, but I'm not sure what the colored outlines around each show mean on the "Sage Recordings" screen.

Thanks.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristopher View Post
I've probably missed the answer, and I apologize, but I'm not sure what the colored outlines around each show mean on the "Sage Recordings" screen.
It uses the original SageTV method of using outline colors to indicate the type of recording; see this FAQ.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you!!

Is there any way to simply BROWSE through media (music, pictures, video, etc) rather than Searching using the Web client?

Last edited by Khristopher; 08-20-2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Identifying Placeshifters

Neil,

If a Placeshifter is connected will it appear "Currently Watching" section? If so, how will it be identified, will it use the MAC of the connected client?

What I'd like to do is name the Placeshifter users like I have named the MVPs by editing the extenders.properties file.

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristopher View Post
Thank you!!

Is there any way to simply BROWSE through media (music, pictures, video, etc) rather than Searching using the Web client?
Kinda klunky, but you can search for nothing, and it will return everything.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainswor99 View Post
Kinda klunky, but you can search for nothing, and it will return everything.
Yeah, I figured that out and agree that it is klunky. Has there ever been any talk of adding a Browse feature?
Old 08-25-2007, 03:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio View Post
Request for Nielm (or any other web formating guru):

Any chance to make a pocket-pc friendly browser? I've gotten this working to stream live and recorded shows to my Samsung blackjack but the web interface is so cludgy on the tiny screen. It takes like 9 clicks to get to the proper streaming screen.

Thx
I'll second this request. I've seen a number of posts recently on using the webserver to stream to Pocket PC's. I'm trying to get this working on my HTC Tytn/Hermes/8525 and one thing I found immediately was that I don't see the menus at the top of each page. I have had to create favorite shortcuts in Pocket IE for each page I want to view.

What would be awesome would be a mobile formatted version of the website. This is almost certainly a big job so if you have a pocket PC speak up so Nielm will know if there is enough demand.

S
Old 08-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Sage Icon

I just tried streaming to my pocket PC and after opening the 256 kbit WMV link [wvx], TCPMP says it is unable to play WMV8 files. It then starts playing audio but no video. Any ideas?
Old 08-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
I'll second this request. I've seen a number of posts recently on using the webserver to stream to Pocket PC's. I'm trying to get this working on my HTC Tytn/Hermes/8525 and one thing I found immediately was that I don't see the menus at the top of each page. I have had to create favorite shortcuts in Pocket IE for each page I want to view.

What would be awesome would be a mobile formatted version of the website. This is almost certainly a big job so if you have a pocket PC speak up so Nielm will know if there is enough demand.

S

Enought hands up? Just got my HTC s710 today and tried it; menu items didn't work for me, either. I'd love to have a mobile version.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

XML Files...

Is it possible to change this line:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE sageShowInfo PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGESHOWINFO XML 1.2//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/sagexmlinfo/sageshowinfo_1_2.dtd">
I'm using a plugin for Meedio to grab my recordings, and b/c www.sage-commnity is down, the plugin crashes.... Is the line needed? Is there somewhere where I can take it out of the code?
Old 08-26-2007, 07:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGrayMatter View Post
XML Files...

Is it possible to change this line:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE sageShowInfo PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGESHOWINFO XML 1.2//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/sagexmlinfo/sageshowinfo_1_2.dtd">
I'm using a plugin for Meedio to grab my recordings, and b/c www.sage-commnity is down, the plugin crashes.... Is the line needed? Is there somewhere where I can take it out of the code?

I have the same problem I had to write a script to comment out that line before using the file. I use it to check on recording and next recording Status.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:58 PM
SageTVaholic

sageshowinfo.dtd Is in the root of my sagetv directory. You could put it up on another webserver or point to it within the xml.

B
Old 08-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
sageshowinfo.dtd Is in the root of my sagetv directory. You could put it up on another webserver or point to it within the xml.

B
...and how does one change this so it points to the file in the sage directory? The .xml is generated when clicking on the xml button.

I have no idea what I am doing, but it seems the file "nielm_sagexmlinfo.jar" contains the "SageXmlWriter.class" that has that line of code in it. I was able to decompile it, and change those lines of code. But I can not get it to recompile.

Ok, so I had a go at the "SageXmlWriter.class" with ClassEditor and I got it to work. The question I have now is how to make it work for everyones specific install? For example I changed the path to my Sage's UNC path, which will not work for everyone.

Last edited by kricker; 08-27-2007 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Been streaming to my ppc (xv6700 w/WM5 res=240x320) for a couple weeks but I've only been able to watch shows that are not in a folder. If I try to open the folder nothing happens.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to robgfaulkner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
...and how does one change this so it points to the file in the sage directory? The .xml is generated when clicking on the xml button.

I have no idea what I am doing, but it seems the file "nielm_sagexmlinfo.jar" contains the "SageXmlWriter.class" that has that line of code in it. I was able to decompile it, and change those lines of code. But I can not get it to recompile.

Ok, so I had a go at the "SageXmlWriter.class" with ClassEditor and I got it to work. The question I have now is how to make it work for everyones specific install? For example I changed the path to my Sage's UNC path, which will not work for everyone.
That is my importer for Meedio kricker is talking about, and if www.sage-community.org stays down, then this would require we either change Nielm's jar to update the Webserver, or Nielm pushes a change. Hosting that DTD out on a server may not be a good idea now that I think about, considering what it's being used for. Could we update WebServer to host it locally? Say in the webroot folder or something? This is tricky, but currently, I don't think anyone can generate XML files from Sage Webserver.

-Rob
Old 08-27-2007, 12:57 PM
SageTVaholic

so.. If you can use relative pathing for the web server why not put it in a dir on the webserver and use a pointer to it?

B

Tags
web