SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdthom View Post
Thanks ...

Ok .. So no option in the webserver to manually run comskip on a recorded program ??

( So it appears at the current time .. the webserver does not support Comskip .. I don't see the comskip icon on my programs)

thanks again
- Craig
The webserver does not interface with ShowAnalyzer at all, other than providing information to SA. As far as the webserver is concerned, it doesn't even know what SA is.

I am now confused though, your first post talked about SA and the webserver, now you are talking about Comskip...
Old 11-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Sage Expert

Streaming With iPod Touch

I did some more research (and testing) for streaming video to the iPod Touch over Wifi. It works, but the videos have to already be in a compatible format (h.264). So live transcoding doesn't work

-Peter
Old 11-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Sage Icon

I was just doing some DB cleanup (clearing the watched flag on all of the kids shows). I get an error screen if I select too many (~150) shows. Is this a bug or some limit somewhere on the server?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Has anyone ever wanted the need to name their MVP's? On the home page of this interface, in the "Currently Watching" section, I have four MVP's listed, but only by MAC address. I would love to modify HomeServlet.java to do my own modification to look up an MVP name from the properties file by mac address, but I can't figure out how to compile it. (never really done anything in java before)

This probably isn't a big issue for most people, but I've got 4 extenders throughout the house and it would be nice if I could tell which one is which.

Anyone ever looked into this before?

Last edited by Ryand833; 11-05-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:59 AM
SageTVaholic

look at the extenders.properties file in the webserver directory. ask and ye shall receive.

B
Old 11-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Aha!

Seems like a feature that should have been in there, and it was!

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
look at the extenders.properties file in the webserver directory. ask and ye shall receive.

B
Old 11-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
I did some more research (and testing) for streaming video to the iPod Touch over Wifi. It works, but the videos have to already be in a compatible format (h.264). So live transcoding doesn't work
Looks like you're right, you can stream videos that are already in h.264 format. The trick is to just click on the file name *.mp4 instead of selecting "Watch (streamed)"

This seems to work for mp3's too -- click on file instead of ask it to stream. That's pretty cool.

While it's not as cool as being able to transcode, it adds a pretty good level of function to the iphone/ipod touch streaming from a PC.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Using the iTunes RSS integration on the wiki, you could create a shortcut on your iPhone to display only mp4 TV shows like so:

http://mediaserver:8080/sage/Search?...lename=%2A.mp4

Adjust the server and port for your installation.

B

PS - If you are inclined, you could set up your own windows apache/php and look at iEvinceIt can make something a little more accessible from the iphone/ipod touch

Last edited by bcjenkins; 11-06-2007 at 05:27 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Sage Icon

Potentially dumb question ...

Is there a way to delete a group of files?

I did a recording search to find the files I wanted to delete, checked the box next to the ones to delete and ....hmmm the drop down menu does not have a delete function...

I noticed in the episode details, there is a delete now button, but I am doing some major cleanup and this would be WAY to tedious.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
I did a recording search to find the files I wanted to delete, checked the box next to the ones to delete and ....hmmm the drop down menu does not have a delete function...
Yes, there is a delete function. At least in version 2.20. Which version do you use?
Old 11-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Sage User

I Have a few question about customizing the web server.

1. Has anyone been successful getting iTunes to connect to the server via https? I can get it to work fine on a Mac or PC using just http but I want to enable ssl for connecting from the internet. When trying to connect to https I recieve a -9808 error. I suspect it may have something to do with the unverified certificate, I tried researching but no luck. Is there any way that I can get my internal network traffic to use http and external request use https or just get iTunes to work with https?

2. Is there a way that I can add links for my own trancoding streaming options?

3. Is there a way to stream live tv?

Thank You.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am wondering if its possible to use this web interface as a photo/video serving website. I like the photo viewer in Sage and use it whenever showing off pictures to friends/family at home. It would be nice to be able to share photos/videos using a similar interface over the web. The current interface requires searching videos/pictures rather than the ability to browse by folder or category as one can do in Sage (AFIK). It would also need to display thumbnails, show pictures in 800x600 or some selectable resolution rather than the original, and add some slideshow functionaility ala kodakgallery or snapfish.

I actually use badblue's webserver for picture hosting now and it works alright but I'd really like something a little sleeker without doing much programming myself. Perhaps there's some other webserver package out there that does this better already. It just occured to me that using this Sage webserver might be an interesting alternative.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Sage Icon

Is it possible to use the web interface/server to change server properties? I'd like to be able to externally call something that modifies a server property while Sage is still running.

I'm trying to come up with a way/system to use forced_video_storage_path_prefix properties of various tuners to every hour check my storage locations for the ones with the most space and force my tuners with the highest merits to use the most available and then cycle down the list so that the recordings get disbursed among the drives instead of just using the one with the most available space even when multiple recordings are going. If anyone has some ideas I'd love to hear them.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

Does this plugin work with SageTV running as a service but with SageTV Client running on the same PC?

I seem to be getting some errors when trying use some remote control functions.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 12-08-2007, 12:34 PM
SageTVaholic

yes. you need to install it into both the server and client properties files, and to use different ports. (the windows installer can automatically do this)

You can remote-control the client only using the webserver instance installed into the client.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
yes. you need to install it into both the server and client properties files, and to use different ports. (the windows installer can automatically do this)

You can remote-control the client only using the webserver instance installed into the client.
I reinstalled it again with windows installer on a computer that I have both service and client on but it never prompted me to set it up with a different ports during the installation.

I went ahead and guess that it using default port 8081 for client and it worked.

This is version 2.20 I installed and only thing I was prompted during installion was to create a username and password. I didn't know about alternated port until I saw a photo of it on your website.

I am not a fan of VLC because the VLC developers insult deaf people saying closed caption are a waste of time to code it in so is it possible for me to set it to stream or play it with mplayer.exe instead since the latest svn have excellent closed caption support.

Thanks
Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 12-09-2007, 04:19 AM
SageTVaholic

TechBill: using Vista by any chance? Vista's UAC messes around with sage .properties files locations and makes it near-impossible to write an installer that handles this situation. This means that the installer may not be able to find both server/service and client properties files -- you may need to do a manual installation.

You can use any player you want -- click (or right click, copy link) on one of the playlist formats listed after 'Play in External Player' and open it with mplayer.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
TechBill: using Vista by any chance? Vista's UAC messes around with sage .properties files locations and makes it near-impossible to write an installer that handles this situation. This means that the installer may not be able to find both server/service and client properties files -- you may need to do a manual installation.

You can use any player you want -- click (or right click, copy link) on one of the playlist formats listed after 'Play in External Player' and open it with mplayer.

Using Windows XP here. My SageTV spec is in the signature below.

Great I'll go try this and see if I can get it to play in mplayer.

Thank you!
Bill
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 12-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Can you tell me where I can find that?

I looked all over and can't see to find where i change to open it with mplayer. Is there a web user setting or something ?

Thank you
Bill
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 12-09-2007, 03:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I looked all over and can't see to find where i change to open it with mplayer. Is there a web user setting or something ?
copy the link/shortcut to the playlist format (eg m3u). Then open your mplayer GUI and open the shortcut.
Or run mplayer with the shortcut as a command line argument

You can configure in Windows explorer to open your chosen playlist format with mplayer to make it one-click.

Tags
web