SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Sage User

Random song playback

I have v2.16 of the Webserver (SageTV v6.19), and have used it almost exclusively for controlling music playback locally on the HTPC from a laptop on our home LAN. That way I don't have to fire up the HDTV just to control music playback.

The problem I am having is that once a search (media library/album) has been made in the webserver for a particular album, it does not playback the entire album, but rather a few of the songs from the selected album, and then it switches and starts playing songs from some other random album. I have not listened long enough to see if this switch occurs more than once.

I did a search, but did not find any posts that seemed related to this problem. Any one have any ideas?

Gary
Old 12-10-2007, 01:42 AM
SageTVaholic

This is how it works at the moment...
Music playback via playlists (along with a decent music/vid/photo browser) is something that should be on my to-do list...
Old 12-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Sage User

Any idea why it might start randomly playing songs I did not search for before it finishes playing the songs I did search for?

Gary
Old 12-11-2007, 01:15 PM
SageTVaholic

yes - Unless you use playlists (which the webserver does not, and the gui does always), sage will play the first song then continue playing (randomly if that option is set) all other songs in the lib...
Old 12-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
yes - Unless you use playlists (which the webserver does not, and the gui does always), sage will play the first song then continue playing (randomly if that option is set) all other songs in the lib...
Thanks for the info. With that in mind, playlists for the webserver... PLEASE!!
Old 12-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm trying to understand if the new HD Media extender could be controlled via IP using the webserver extension. I am guessing "no" because the webserver is running on each client and the HD 100 just acts as a client. I'm guessing the webserver communicates directly with the client and doesn't go back through the server.

Can someone confirm this?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:02 PM
SageTVaholic

yes it can - because the HD Media extender works like a placeshifter or MVP client, and the UI is controlled by the server
Old 12-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
yes it can - because the HD Media extender works like a placeshifter or MVP client, and the UI is controlled by the server
including power on/standby? If yes, then that is excellent.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:08 AM
SageTVaholic

no, not power-on/standby (although there is someone looking into that) just remote playback startup and web-remote...
Old 12-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Sage Icon

How would this be useful? Just trying to understand the use behind it...
Old 12-13-2007, 02:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
How would this be useful? Just trying to understand the use behind it...
What, the webserver in general, or the ability to remote control an extender using it?

Being able to remotely power off an extender allows you to release the licence it uses without going to the room, finding the remote and pressing the off button (which is especially difficult if you are not at home and want to use that licence for a placeshifter)... It also allows you to remotely stop playback of live TV (thus releasing a tuner), and remotely start playback on an extender (Daddy, I want to watch xxxx...)...
Old 12-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Sage Icon

Ah, I see. Yeah, I meant using the webserver with the extender...

Of course, the webserver is the greatest plugin made for SageTV...
Old 12-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
(Daddy, I want to watch xxxx...)...
Good thing you included that forth X, otherwise we'd be wondered what goes on at nielm's house

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Good thing you included that forth X, otherwise we'd be wondered what goes on at nielm's house
Well, Shaun the Sheep can get a bit ribald at times.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:11 AM
SageTVaholic

New Release:

V2.21 20 Dec 2007 For SageTV 2.2-6.3
BUGFIXES:
  • Fix ReturnTo? search results when deleting from detailed info
  • RSS feeds can contain media files with size > 2Gb (although the feedreader may have problems due to int overflow)
ENHANCEMENTS
  • Generate default filename for exported XML from detailed info
  • Import function can now be used to fix file timestamps (eg after editing)
  • Imported XML data no longer needs to have start time/duration (can be inferred from file)
  • RSS feeds from search results now are automatically named (A custom name possible with the '&title=My%20Custom%20Name' argument)
  • Ability to poweroff and reboot the STX-HD100 extender (untested!)
  • Updated XML import/export to 1.3 DTD -- Airing/Mediafile durations no longer required to import XML file data
  • fixed channel problem in Favourites manager

The main new feature is that with the BTV XML translator, BTV recordings can be imported into Sage.

Last edited by nielm; 12-21-2007 at 06:19 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Bug Report/Feature Request

nielm,

My MVP/HD Ext does not show up in the web page with the ability to power the device off, etc. (attached)

Would you create a method to power on a named MVP/HD Extender? The devices are still accessible via telnet after power off and you can get the mac address from the properties file.

thank you!

B

PS Linux user here
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 2.png (36.0 KB, 332 views)
Old 12-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

is it possible to have more than one username/password for the webserver?
Old 12-21-2007, 11:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom View Post
is it possible to have more than one username/password for the webserver?
yes, look at the realms.properties file
Old 12-21-2007, 12:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Would you create a method to power on a named MVP/HD Extender? The devices are still accessible via telnet after power off and you can get the mac address from the properties file.
I will do, but it is a little more complex. When they are powered down there is no connection to the server, and after a while the ARP tables do not contain the MAC-IP address mapping, so I will have to find another way to get the IP...

Looking into the other problem... Probaby a missing '!' somewhere!
Old 12-21-2007, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

new release

V2.22 21 Dec 2007 For SageTV 2.2-6.3

BUGFIXES:
* MVP / HD Extender power off should now work!

Tags
web