SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

When using the WebRemote, any chance of having a small screen cap so you can see exactly what's on your local machine?
Old 01-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

missing bottom menu on homepage using WM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
edit SageTV/webserver/webroot/sage/menu.html
Remove everything between <script> and </script>
Remove the <noscript> and </noscript> tags.

After 2005, there was some JS code that auto-creates the fallback menu if the main menu fails, and this JS is also failing. The same JS is used to create the items in menu.html, so both were not working.
This seems like the best workaround so far for WM6 devices, the only (slight) hassle is that menu.html must be navigated to manually.

I just thought I'd add that the "post-2005 JS" which generated the fallback menu at the bottom of the homepage worked perfectly with Windows Mobile 2003's Internet Explorer, it just isn't working with Windows Mobile 6's Internet Explorer (I never used Windows Mobile 5). The problem first occurred for me when I upgraded my phone and never changed webserver versions.

Would anyone mind if I added this info for WM6 users to the wiki? That menu is very useful!
Old 01-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Sage Fanatic

I like the web remote but I wonder if there a way to stream the video with subtitles or closed caption?

I am deaf and need them working so I wonder if there a way to stream subtitle over internet if I have .smi file along with the video mpeg in the recording folder?

Or a way to burn the subtitle into mpeg video before it streamed out over internet so it streaming 1 video file rather than video and subtitle file at the same time?

I been trying to find a way to burn subtitle permently into video but no luck as of yet and if anyone know a way to do this then please explain how or guide me to some docs or howto website or PM me

Thank you
Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 01-29-2008, 01:20 AM
SageTVaholic

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Videora_iPhone_Converter

New in latest version supports smi files.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Videora_iPhone_Converter

New in latest version supports smi files.

Hrmm I will have to check it out but does it imbed or burn the subtitle into the video itself and output 1 to mpeg4 file or it still need to load both mpeg4 and smi together when watching a video?

I would like to somehow permently etch subtitle into video and run dirmon to do the task when recording is done to extract cc and convert to smi then etch it into mpeg video because I think that the only way I could watch stream video with closed caption or subtitles.

Thanks
Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 01-29-2008, 02:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
Hrmm I will have to check it out but does it imbed or burn the subtitle into the video itself and output 1 to mpeg4 file or it still need to load both mpeg4 and smi together when watching a video?

I would like to somehow permently etch subtitle into video and run dirmon to do the task when recording is done to extract cc and convert to smi then etch it into mpeg video because I think that the only way I could watch stream video with closed caption or subtitles.

Thanks
Bill
Looks like it may do what you want by burning the subtitles as "open captions".
http://www.redkawa.com/blog/post.php?t=3819

Quote:
Burned-In/Hard Subtitles
All subtitles are “burned” into the video, meaning when you play them back, you will not be able to turn the subtitles off. The iPod does not have soft subtitle support so the only way to have subtitles show up is by “burning” them into the vide

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Looks like it may do what you want by burning the subtitles as "open captions".
http://www.redkawa.com/blog/post.php?t=3819

Yes but reading on it some more it a Windows Appliation program so it doesn't look like it can be run via dirmon automatically.

I need to find something that can be excuted or start by dirmon after smi is created and burn the smi into video mpeg file.

Thanks
Bill
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 01-29-2008, 10:26 AM
SageTVaholic

It looks like ffmpeg has subtitle support. You can use the command line with dirmon. You may need to build your own or find a recent build. You might also check out mencoder as well.

B

Quote:
[sagetv@sagetv-server ~]$ ffmpeg | grep sub
FFmpeg version UNKNOWN, Copyright (c) 2000-2007 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
configuration: --prefix=/usr --enable-gpl --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-pp --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-liba52 --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-libtheora --disable-libamr-nb --enable-pp --enable-shared --enable-pthreads --enable-x11grab --enable-swscaler
libavutil version: 49.5.0
libavcodec version: 51.48.0
libavformat version: 52.1.0
built on Dec 4 2007 21:40:55, gcc: 4.2.2
-sn disable subtitle
-scodec codec force subtitle codec ('copy' to copy stream)
-newsubtitle add a new subtitle stream to the current output stream
-slang code set the ISO 639 language code (3 letters) of the current subtitle stream
-sn disable subtitle
-scodec codec force subtitle codec ('copy' to copy stream)
-newsubtitle add a new subtitle stream to the current output stream
-slang code set the ISO 639 language code (3 letters) of the current subtitle stream
-subcmp <int> E.V.. sub pel me compare function
-subq <int> E.V.. sub pel motion estimation quality
-partitions <flags> E.V.. macroblock subpartition sizes to consider
[sagetv@sagetv-server ~]$
Old 01-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

I think I managed to successfully burn the caption or subtitle into the video itself by using mencoder so far but I am still trying to learn how to improve the quailty of the video itself because the default setting isn't so great quailty.

I also learned if I am playing it on a player that support mkv "Matroska file" and does subtitle then I can merge the smi and mpg into single mkv file and play back with subtitle enable.

So I am experimenting and comparing the two path to see which one I want to take.

Thank you all for your inputs and suggestions!
Bill
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 01-30-2008, 08:57 AM
SageTVaholic

I have a feature request for the webserver.

On the "search EPG" function, I'd like to be able to add the ability to narrow down results for only specific times. Select a start time and end time for all dates for instance.

I'd use this to create an RSS feed of all upcoming first runs for certain channels during prime time for instance.

If this is possible how is it done? If it isn't possible yet could it be added as a feature at some point?

Thanks to Nielm by the way for an excellent add-on for SageTV!
Old 02-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Arrow Streaming to Windows Mobiles running WM6

You will find that if you have iether bought a new PDA/Mobile running Windows Mobile 6 Pro or you have upgraded a PDA/Mobile, then you will no longer be able to play WMV streams on your phone form the Web Interface Plugin

However You can if you copy the older Windows Media Player dlls into the tcpmp folder on your PDA/Mobile! Find them here attached! It will ask you abou the source of the files when you run tcpmp. You can also over-write the files in the windows folder, but I wouldn't recommend it uless you know what you are doing.

I'll update ethe wiki later when a couple of other people have checked this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WM5 WMV9 Codecs.zip (557.3 KB, 633 views)
Old 02-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

VLC version in Web Server

nielm, I noticed the other day, whilst trying to sort ot the WM6 problem, that there have been recent releases to VLC to fix security venerabilities. Have you updated your installer to use the 0.8.6d release? I downloaded it manually and installed the latest VLC. No I can't tell what version your 2.22 isntalled!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Sage User

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the web interface to display a parallel view (like in sage under upcoming recordings). I find it really useful to know at a glance what each tuner is doing or will be doing. I was thinking it might make more sense than the consecutive list that is currently used. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, in fact this is one of the few addons I can't live without (right up there with comskip ) I just think the list doesn't make clear concurrent recordings or tell me what tuner is slated for use.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:13 PM
SageTVaholic

It already shows you what each tuner is doing and will be doing right on the main menu. ...but not like parallel recording schedule where you can continue to scroll down to go further into the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug1124 View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to get the web interface to display a parallel view (like in sage under upcoming recordings). I find it really useful to know at a glance what each tuner is doing or will be doing. I was thinking it might make more sense than the consecutive list that is currently used. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, in fact this is one of the few addons I can't live without (right up there with comskip ) I just think the list doesn't make clear concurrent recordings or tell me what tuner is slated for use.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-04-2008, 08:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I think I managed to successfully burn the caption or subtitle into the video itself by using mencoder so far but I am still trying to learn how to improve the quailty of the video itself because the default setting isn't so great quailty.

I also learned if I am playing it on a player that support mkv "Matroska file" and does subtitle then I can merge the smi and mpg into single mkv file and play back with subtitle enable.

So I am experimenting and comparing the two path to see which one I want to take.

Thank you all for your inputs and suggestions!
Bill
Any update on this? I would be interested in hearing what is working for you.

B
Old 02-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
It already shows you what each tuner is doing and will be doing right on the main menu. ...but not like parallel recording schedule where you can continue to scroll down to go further into the future.
Right, on the main page it shows current status, but I am talking about in the upcoming recordings menu. The only way to see what tuners are going to be used is to filter by tuner or click the show for more details. I just thought a parallel view would illustrate the tuner usage better in the upcoming recordings section. If I knew anything about web programming I would try to do it myself.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Sage User

Question

I need to ask for some help here...

I'm running Vista Ultimate, and running SageTV 6.3. I'm trying to load the "Web User Interface", but even after it successfully installs, I keep pulling up a 404 error in my browser.

Is there something special that I need to do to get this functioning in Vista?

I greatly appreciate your help.

Respectfully,

- Ian
Old 02-09-2008, 01:14 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianscrap View Post
I need to ask for some help here...

I'm running Vista Ultimate, and running SageTV 6.3. I'm trying to load the "Web User Interface", but even after it successfully installs, I keep pulling up a 404 error in my browser.

Is there something special that I need to do to get this functioning in Vista?

I greatly appreciate your help.

Respectfully,

- Ian
I get the same error If I am using the server and client on the same PC, and I have only started the server after installing the web service. If I start the SageTV client, then I can access the web server. I can then continue assessing the web server from then on as long as the Sage server is running even if the client is closed.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Sage User

Does anyone else have a problem shutting their HD-100 off using the web interface? Mine won't seem to turn off when commanded.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quick question, which I ask of the SageMC folks that I would like to ask about the web server too.

The server displays a 'disk space' bar that's not so handy if you let sage auto-delete things. Can I configure that bar to include the 'auto delete' recordings as free space in the bar? That way it should go up and down as I view shows rather than stay full all the time? I've ask about including that in SageMC, but I figure it's a separate step to make the web server do this.

Thanks!

Other:
Mitsubishi 65" DLP
5.1 Speakers on a Kenwood Receiver - Digital SPDIF
Harmony 1000

Tags
web