SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
Thanks for the info on how to pull the webserver source code into Eclipse. I have that part working great. I don't have much experience with cygwin... how do you use the deploy.xml in cygwin to deploy to the Sage client (I'd also like to test using my client)?
I run deploy.xml from within Eclipse (it might require the web developer plugins, it's been awhile since I set it up). Right click on the file and choose Run As->Ant Script. That will run the default target. If you want to run a specific target, open the file then go to the outline view and right click on the target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
Also, there is a way to use the eclipse debugger to walk through the code step by step? I'd like to make a couple modifications and test them in a web browser by walking through some of the code step by step.
Not that I know of. Java debugging requires starting up the VM with some command line options and I don't know how to pass them to Sage. I debug it by printing messages to stdout.

I've also had some luck using the BeanShell servlet to test code. That allows you to enter code into a web form and submit it to the server. Note that the web server doesn't support WAR files, so you'll need to extract the WAR, install the JAR files into Sage's JARs folder and add the servlet definition to servlets.properties, then restart Sage.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Blackberry

Has anybody gotten this to work on a blackberry? It works fine from a normal web browser but in my blackberry it keeps giving me "error in menu_items.js - check syntax" the images and text load fine but not the menus. I have javascrit support enabled as well as html tables, I have tried emulating IE, Netscape Blackberry browser and internet browser and I keep getting the same message. I also checked the link and it is:8080/sage/Home so it doesn't seem to be the thing with the extra / or Sage instead of sage.

Any suggestions on what might help?

Thanks.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm running Sage 6.3.5 on Windows Sever 2k3 (standard) I just installed The web server 2.22 and It works great from the server but I can't get it to remotely work. (for testing) I have the windows firewall (on the server) and the zone alarm (on the remote computer) turned off. I configured my Linksys RVS 4000 router to forward on port 8080 to my Sage sever. However I can't connect to the Sage web server from the remote computer. What am I doing wrong...?

EDIT: Remote admin for my router uses port 8080 but it is disabled

Last edited by nettech_gt; 03-16-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettech_gt View Post
I'm running Sage 6.3.5 on Windows Sever 2k3 (standard) I just installed The web server 2.22 and It works great from the server but I can't get it to remotely work. (for testing) I have the windows firewall (on the server) and the zone alarm (on the remote computer) turned off. I configured my Linksys RVS 4000 router to forward on port 8080 to my Sage sever. However I can't connect to the Sage web server from the remote computer. What am I doing wrong...?

EDIT: Remote admin for my router uses port 8080 but it is disabled
I'd try moving it to 8088 if that's not a problem for you. I was trying to use 8080, even with remote admin disabled, and still couldn't get it to work.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have the router configured as follows:

Application = http
External port = 80
Internal port = 80
Protocol= tcp
IP = "server's IP"
Enabled = yes

I have tried 8080 for both external and internal ports. I have tried 80 for external and 8080 for internal. I have tried 8088 for external and internal. Nothing seems to work...
Old 03-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Sage Icon

Whatever you configured as the port when you set it up should be what you use for internal. I would probably try something other than 8080 for your external since maybe your router has "claimed" that one.

Then you need to make sure your link is correct... are you using dyndns or are you just using you IP?

I would start with just using your IP

http://externalIP:External port designated in firewall settin/sage/Home
Old 03-17-2008, 03:08 AM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure why nielm chose port 8080 for the default port of the webserver, that's usually taken by the the router's remote admin access. You can change it to a different port by adding or editing this line in the sage.properties file:

nielm/webserver/port=8080

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.

Last edited by mayamaniac; 03-17-2008 at 03:12 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

THANX! I was using the inside IP and not my IP from my ISP...DOH!
Old 03-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can't get through

I am having the same problem that others have mentioned: I can run the Web Server perfectly while on my SageTV Server using "localhost", but once I try to use my home IP Address, it doesn't work (even while on my SageTV Server).

I have removed all software firewalls, disabled Windows Firewall, and mapped the ports of interest through my router to my SageTV Server PC.

Any ideas on what is going wrong?

AzJazz
Old 03-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd3835 View Post
Check to make sure your router isn't setup to DMZ. Mine had been mistakenly setup like that. Alternatively, there's a port scanner availible here:
http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/port-scanner/#

Try that out, and that should help. Remember also, If your using more than one machine behind a firewall, Make sure you forward the port the the sage computer. Also, it's not recommended that you use DHCP for a machine you want to forward a port to. Try to set it up as a static ip on your local network if possible. Hope this helps.

-Todd
Ooops ... I figured out what was messing things up last night ...

I have my router set up to statically assign IP addresses to everything on my network, so that I can reliably set up things like SageTV.

My motherboard has 2 Ethernet ports (with nearly the same MAC addresses). Apparently, I had set up my system originally with the other ethernet port, so my IP address was being dynamically assigned. Thus the router was routing the Sage Webserver packets to a device that wasn't connected. Once I changed my router configuration to assign the IP address based on the connected MAC address, everything started working fine.

Cheers!

AzJazz
Old 03-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzJazz View Post
I am having the same problem that others have mentioned: I can run the Web Server perfectly while on my SageTV Server using "localhost", but once I try to use my home IP Address, it doesn't work (even while on my SageTV Server).

I have removed all software firewalls, disabled Windows Firewall, and mapped the ports of interest through my router to my SageTV Server PC.

Any ideas on what is going wrong?

AzJazz
Check to make sure your router isn't setup to DMZ. Mine had been mistakenly setup like that. Alternatively, there's a port scanner availible here:
http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/port-scanner/#

Try that out, and that should help. Remember also, If your using more than one machine behind a firewall, Make sure you forward the port the the sage computer. Also, it's not recommended that you use DHCP for a machine you want to forward a port to. Try to set it up as a static ip on your local network if possible. Hope this helps.

-Todd

<- 2 Wireless MVP's (Running Wired Mode) -> <- 1 Wired MVP ->
Old 03-23-2008, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I have a feature request for the webserver.

On the "search EPG" function, I'd like to be able to add the ability to narrow down results for only specific times. Select a start time and end time for all dates for instance.

I'd use this to create an RSS feed of all upcoming first runs for certain channels during prime time for instance.

If this is possible how is it done? If it isn't possible yet could it be added as a feature at some point?

Thanks to Nielm by the way for an excellent add-on for SageTV!
Nielm,
You must be really busy these days - haven't seen you around for quite a while Anyway I hope all is well with you.

I have another feature request in addition to the one above.

Could you add an option under the "recording schedule display options" to view by keyword favorites? My intention for this would be to get an RSS update any time a certain keyword search found a program to record.

Other things that would be nice-to-have:
An easy-to-browse mobile page for iPhone, Blackberry, Blackjack (I apologize if this is already available)

Thanks for the great add-ons!
Old 03-23-2008, 01:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoChe View Post
Has anybody gotten this to work on a blackberry? It works fine from a normal web browser but in my blackberry it keeps giving me "error in menu_items.js - check syntax" the images and text load fine but not the menus. I have javascrit support enabled as well as html tables, I have tried emulating IE, Netscape Blackberry browser and internet browser and I keep getting the same message. I also checked the link and it is:8080/sage/Home so it doesn't seem to be the thing with the extra / or Sage instead of sage.

Any suggestions on what might help?

Thanks.
I'm curious about this as well since it looks like I might end up with a crackberry before too long...
Old 03-24-2008, 05:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having problems on WM6 (The ATT Tilt). Very annoying that I have this nice 500 dollar phone, and I can't even setup recordings on it =[ Either the stuff gets squished, or I it crashes with a javascript browser (Tried Pocket IE, Netfront, Opera and Opera Mini). Anyone had luck with a WM6 device?

-Todd

<- 2 Wireless MVP's (Running Wired Mode) -> <- 1 Wired MVP ->
Old 03-26-2008, 02:51 AM
Sage Icon

Opera is usable for me on HTC Touch Cruise. The boxes on the front page tend to not show the program name, but you can click on them to see it. It's never going to be great on a QVGA screen, but I can schedule recordings etc.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 04-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm trying to import my old recordings (I forgot to backup my sage directory on a reinstall. I lost everything)
I posted a different thread about it here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=276218

but I am posting my question here about the import.
I installed the webserver and Sage Recordings XML generator.
I thinkthe Sage Recordings XML generator only works if your wiz.bin is accurate because it's only making xml files of shows sage currently has listed as recordings.

I'm trying to import 1 show right now.
this is the info I get on the show "reaper" from the webserver.
I have exported the xml file then try to import it into my recordings by following Bren Evan's guide for doing something similar when importing beyondTV recordings.
each time I try to import I get an error that the file is not a TV show.

my only thought is the show id could be messing up the importer.
under the "edit show info" option I see this from the webserver
(EPGID for TV files must start with 'EP' 'SH' 'SP' or 'MV')

the show id for this episode is MF84603 maybe the importer wants something other than "MF" in the front???

here is the error:
Code:
Importing 1 mediaFiles:

skipping Airing ID 79569 for showID MF79566 -- not a TV airing
  =>not updating MediaFile information

Imported 0 mediaFiles
skipped importing 1 mediaFiles
here's the file info:
Code:
Reaper-AcidQueen-3584405-0

Episode: Reaper-AcidQueen-3584405-0

Aired: Mar 27, 2008 8:58 PM - 10:01 PM

Duration: 1h 3m

Show ID: MF84603

File Format: MPEG2-PS[MPEG2-Video 4:3 480i@29.97fps, MP2/512Kbps@48kHz Stereo]

Files:
D:\tv\Reaper-AcidQueen-3584405-0.mpg

File Playlists: [wvx] [m3u] [pls]

Size: 5.96GB

Internal details: MediaFileID=84603 , AiringID=84605
Any help is appreciated!
Old 04-15-2008, 04:52 AM
Sage User

Web interface question

How to make the java webserver a Windows service?
Old 04-15-2008, 06:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambo View Post
How to make the java webserver a Windows service?
How would you use that? Just curious.

You would need one of the server resource kits from microsoft and use anysvr.exe to make it run as a service. Google it and you shoulod be able to find some good step by step processes.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:15 AM
Sage User

Web server service

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
How would you use that? Just curious.

You would need one of the server resource kits from microsoft and use anysvr.exe to make it run as a service. Google it and you shoulod be able to find some good step by step processes.

Gerry
I was just trying to show Other files using the tiny webserver. After a change of the alias properties i wanted to restart the Server.
Had no clue how to make that work.
Rebooted My Machine and the other files, pictures and clips showed up fine

Brambo
Old 04-15-2008, 08:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Gotcha. Yes-after installing the webserver it will autostart when SageTV starts.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Tags
web