SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-19-2005, 07:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Arrow STV Import: CallerID/Message popup plugin

This module allows external applications to send messages that pop up onto the SageTV screen, even if it is running on an MVP or PVR-350!

It is designed to be used as a listener for YAC (Yet Another CallerID Program) to trigger popups with the caller ID information for incoming calls:

And can even display per-caller images, if Yac is configured with the name of the calling number, and there is an image with the same name in the infopopup_images subdir

Full installation instructions and download link can be found on the Sage wiki

History:
  • v 1.0 17-2-2005 -- first version
  • v 1.1 17-3-2005 -- add YAC message parsing, YAC name->image conversion, correct bug where bind address was ignored
  • v 1.3 19-3-2005 -- change default port to match YAC port.
  • v 1.4 22-3-2005 -- Add auto-pause, auto-resume, popup positioning, options menu.
  • v 1.5 24-7-2005 -- SageTV v3 and v4 - make buttons optional, add transparancy, use V4-style button images

(previous threads here and here.)

Last edited by nielm; 11-21-2005 at 05:02 AM.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Sage User

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Is there a way I can configure to send "-event 6" to pause Sage playback or would that have to be done within your plugin?

Oh, and did I mention . . . thank you, thank you, thank you!
Old 03-20-2005, 03:32 AM
SageTVaholic

I can add an optional auto-pause in this plugin, if you can give me a good suggestion of what to do when the popup timeout expires (continue pausing, auto-resume playback, user-choice of both, but with wich as a default?!)
Old 03-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Sage Expert

This looks slick. Too bad cayers has imports disabled in his STV.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by turak
It's a good thing that there are others out there also....

I updated it in mine, Nielm. Thanks for this plugin and all the other plugins....

Lauren
Old 03-20-2005, 10:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Woohoo!! I will stay good to my word in another thead and donate $10.00 for this plug in. That is if you except donations. If you do, could you please direct me where to donate.

Oh, one more thing. I haven't tried the plug in yet but I have a quick question, is the location of the pop up window configurable?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 03-21-2005, 01:28 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
I can add an optional auto-pause in this plugin, if you can give me a good suggestion of what to do when the popup timeout expires (continue pausing, auto-resume playback, user-choice of both, but with wich as a default?!)
Just imagining how I would use it . . . I think I would set a reasonably long timeout (20 seconds or something) and would want to hit enter to close it if I'm going to ignore the call. I would want it to resume playback on "Enter" but otherwise continue pausing (even after timeout) and only resume on "Play" (or, obviously, "Enter"). I think if I wanted it to resume automatically, I wouldn't set it to pause in the first place.

For me, the point of having it pause is so that I can take the call (however long that might last) and I'll resume if I don't want to talk to the person.

I guess this is my long-winded way of tallying a vote for user-choice of both with continue pausing as default.

Thanks again.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevthor
Woohoo!! I will stay good to my word in another thead and donate $10.00 for this plug in. That is if you except donations. If you do, could you please direct me where to donate.
In general I don't accept donations, but if you are feeling generous, please give it to your favourite charity
Quote:
Oh, one more thing. I haven't tried the plug in yet but I have a quick question, is the location of the pop up window configurable?
Not at present (middle centered) -- but it is a logical addition... I will see what I can do.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have created an untested cayars17 with infopopup here (STV file only -- you still need the rest of Cayar's STV stuff already installed...)

Upack the infopoup zipfile to create the default images directory, and also unpack the cayars17_infopopup zipfile into the STVs/OriginalV2 dir, then use detailed setup to load the cayars17_infopopup.STV. You do not need to import the infopopup_import.stv (and you can't in any case in cayars17!))

Last edited by nielm; 03-21-2005 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:25 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
I have created an untested cayars17 with infopopup here (STV file only -- you still need the rest of Cayar's STV stuff)
This seems to work for me. You are the best. It took me a few minutes to figure out that you are binding to 127.0.0.1. Once I changed the binding address in the sageclient.properties file to 0.0.0.0, it worked like a charm.

Does this STV file require the infopopup module to be installed? I noticed that your module creates it's own subdirectory in the sage directory. This folder isn't included in your cayers17_infopopup.zip
Old 03-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to laurenglenn Send a message via MSN to laurenglenn
Quote:
This seems to work for me. You are the best. It took me a few minutes to figure out that you are binding to 127.0.0.1. Once I changed the binding address in the sageclient.properties file to 0.0.0.0, it worked like a charm.

Does this STV file require the infopopup module to be installed? I noticed that your module creates it's own subdirectory in the sage directory. This folder isn't included in your cayers17_infopopup.zip
Unless Nielm changed Cayar's to be different from the default, it installs itself into the Main Menu directory (which is run by default when the STV is loaded), so there wouldn't be a menu that would be displayed in the menu customization screen.

Lauren
Old 03-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Sage Icon

This looks great! Thanks. Where do I, and do I need to, change the binding address to 127.0.0.1
I am just running this on my sage/server machine.
Thanks
JUC
Old 03-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
This looks great! Thanks. Where do I, and do I need to, change the binding address to 127.0.0.1
I am just running this on my sage/server machine.
Thanks
JUC

If everything is on one machine then you don't need to change it. 127.0.0.1 is the loopback device. When you bind to localhost (127.0.0.1) then only apps on the same machine can access it. 0.0.0.0 is only needed if you are running a client that is on a different machine. Setting it to 0.0.0.0 tells it to bind to all network interfaces.

EDIT:
Only bind this to 0.0.0.0 if your computer is behind a firewall. You do not want to expose this module to the internet.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenglenn
Unless Nielm changed Cayar's to be different from the default, it installs itself into the Main Menu directory (which is run by default when the STV is loaded), so there wouldn't be a menu that would be displayed in the menu customization screen.

Lauren
The cayers17_infopopup.zip only contains the .stv file which should be put in the OriginalV2 folder. infopopup.zip contains a images folder and the infopopup_import.stv file. This should be unzipped into the SageTV folder. This leads me to believe that you need to install the infopopup.zip if you want the Cayers17_infopopup to work. I havn't tried it without installing the infopopup.zip first. So I don't know if it's needed or not. I just thought it would avoid confusion for people who are installing the cayers file if someone stated that you need both files.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:50 PM
SageTVaholic

I think everyone has covered everything

Turak is right: for with the cayars17, you need to unpack the infopoup zipfile to create the default images directory, and also unpack the cayars17_infopopup into the STVs/OriginalV2 dir, then use detailed setup to load the cayars17_infopopup.STV. You do not need to import the infopopup_import.stv (and you can't in any case in cayars17!)

JUC: The main page on the wiki has more info on where and why to change the propertoes file, and how to configure YAC. (you only need to change the address if YAC is running on a different machine to the Sage system)

And by the way, Thanks to Lauren for finding YAC!
Old 03-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks, I don't think I was configuring YAC to be a listener...will try when I get home. Looks great though. I can now check off one item on my 'want' list for sage
JUC

edit: just got it working. I can't seem to get the YAC popup to disable--i unchecked the 'use windows ballon' item but a black one is still showing up on the bottom right corner of my screen. Any thoughts?

Last edited by JUC; 03-21-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

If anyone has a good mdmv90.inf file with their drivers for a Creative Modem Blaster DI5655 PCI V.90 modem, I would just love to steal it.

YAC depends upon valid TAPI messages, and apparently many manufacturer's modem installations don't set the modem up correctly for generating recognizable Caller ID messages. My debug files confirm. But, despite hours of hacking, I've failed to rewrite the simple. The modem works fine, but the TAPI messages get parsed incorrectly.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Sage Icon

Worked for me. Got it all setup per the instructions w/Cayar 17.

Only thing I wish we could do is make the popup show up somewhere besides the dead CENTER of the screen... Like the bottom right corner or something.

It is really in the way in the middle of the screen. Maybe this could be configurable in a future version?

But, it works, so I'm happy!

Jason
Old 03-21-2005, 08:09 PM

Attn David Lawrance
http://www.techspot.com/drivers/inde...formation/2245
Old 03-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Pop Up During Video?

I've installed the plugin and it seems to wkr great, the only thing being is it doesn't pop up when a video is playing only when I'm in the UI. Is there any way to change this?

Thanks,
Kevin

Forget that, the test call doesn't appear during video but actual calls do?