SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Sage Icon

Sorry, it has been a while since I last tried this STV out and forgot that I wiped SageTV when I upgraded to V4. I thought I already had the full inistall in there.

AS for the XML: It sees it now. Do not know why it didn't before???

Anyways. Thanx for the full install reminder.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:47 AM
Sage Icon

It was a change in SageTV at some point, do not remember the version that it first came out. It seems like there were problems, if people weren't upgrading with every version, but skipping versions...
Old 06-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Sage Icon

I know that .my files have been addressed here before and the recommendation was to use DVD Profiler. This works well for movies but not for TV episodes. I am currently testing SageMC and was wondering if it is (will be) possible to include .my file support. Greggerm's STV creates them from recordings and displays them in Video Detail screen.
Is this something on the road map or not enough interest in it to do?
Old 06-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Sage User

stvi importing in SageMC

How do I import an stvi file into SageMC16x9? All it see when I go to import one is .xml files. I know for the 6.4 addon all I had to do was edit the sage.properties SageMC16x9 file extension from .stv to .xml when all I could see was the .stv files. What is the trick to make it see .stvi files? Thanks

Ethan
Old 06-14-2006, 03:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprophet36
How do I import an stvi file into SageMC16x9? All it see when I go to import one is .xml files. I know for the 6.4 addon all I had to do was edit the sage.properties SageMC16x9 file extension from .stv to .xml when all I could see was the .stv files. What is the trick to make it see .stvi files? Thanks

Ethan
Hi Ethan,

there is a reason in SageMC that it does not show .stvvi files : almost all imports written for the standard STV will not work with SageMC, thus there is no 'trick' to enable it.

Which stvi do you want to import ? If you are absolutely sure that it will work with SageMC, you always have the option to simply rename the .stvi file to .xml and import it anyway.

Dirk
Old 06-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi Ethan,

there is a reason in SageMC that it does not show .stvvi files : almost all imports written for the standard STV will not work with SageMC, thus there is no 'trick' to enable it.

Which stvi do you want to import ? If you are absolutely sure that it will work with SageMC, you always have the option to simply rename the .stvi file to .xml and import it anyway.

Dirk
Any one really, but in this case I was looking at the system monitor stvi.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Any one really, but in this case I was looking at the system monitor stvi.
You mean Deria's System Monitor ? No need to import that one, it's already built into SageMC. You can access it in two different ways, see this post for details ...

Dirk
Old 06-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Sage User

system monitor

I added the menu item, but when I open it there is no graph. Just the configure and close buttons on the top left. I have dual processors and a USB2 Hard drive for SageTV recordings, would that be a problem?
Old 06-15-2006, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I added the menu item, but when I open it there is no graph. Just the configure and close buttons on the top left. I have dual processors and a USB2 Hard drive for SageTV recordings, would that be a problem?
Sorry, I don't know how this plugin works, I just quickly tested in and it seemed to display fine on my machine (internal PATA drives) ... You might want to post this question in the support thread for this plugin

Dirk
Old 06-19-2006, 03:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Teaser: Orbital skin for SageMC

Hi All,

Since this is just a teaser and is probably of limited interest to only a few who already use SageMC, I decided to post this here instead of in a new thread. I've been trying to learn Studio and get better at Photoshop for the last couple of weeks, and I figured the best way to learn is to jump right in. So I decided to try developing a new interface for SageMC. I'm at the point now where the main menu seems to mostly do what I want. Now I have to tie it into the SageMC menus and apply custom backgrounds to the sub menus. I probably have a couple of weeks more work on this before I'll have something useful enough to post. I'm also trying to decide if I should try to implement this as an import. I've been creating most of the graphics from scratch. It's a slow and painful process sometimes, but I'm learning alot and I hope the result will have more value for the community. Anyway, I just thought I'd give a peek at what I'm working on to see if there might be any interest in it.

Aloha,
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Orbital Screen Shot.jpg (196.0 KB, 300 views)
Old 06-19-2006, 04:53 AM
Sage User

Looking good... I like the news and weather display on the main menu
Old 06-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

Searching My Videos, How does it work?

I have not tried SageMC 16x9 recently.

I would like to know if the feature to search "My Videos" narrows the search as each charactor is typed. Or, if the whole string has to be entered before searching. If the search is narrowed for each charactor typed in, the search would be faster and easier to find videos where the exact spelling isn't known.

Could someone tell me which way the "My Video" search is setup?

If the search is only based on a full string, will the search be changed sometime to narrowing down the result as each charactor is typed?

Dave
Old 06-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Sage Icon

The search does not appear to be like the search under My TV. But, you can enter part of the title, and click search, and it will find everything with what you typed (even part of it), in the movie titles.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

@Flachbar
Great work, I'm pleased to see that this STV is back under active development.

I think that I have found a small bug

On the 'browse this channel' screen from the program guide the date is not changing as I scroll forward in time (it stays set on whatever the first date was when that screen was opened). The date works fine on the standard multichannel guide.

And now the complulsory feature request.

Is it possible to port the WMA parser and player into SageMC
(http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17620)
that would give people the ability to play CDs (as well as, I hope, gapless playback of WMA lossless though I know that I can do this with winamp).

Cheers
Eric
Old 06-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to enable/disable commercial autoskipping with the remote? I didn't see anything on the Wiki. I did find a post in this thread that mentioned using the mouse (right-click while playing video) but I was hoping for an option with the remote. Thanks!
Old 06-20-2006, 05:30 PM
SageTVaholic

You can enable/disable autoskip in the options menu while playing back a recording. If you want to do this with a remote, you will need to map the Options key to the remote. Once auto skip is disabled, you can use the Custom4 and Custom5 buttons to manually skip back and forward, respectively. (You will have to map these to your remote as well). Hope this helps.

Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 06-20-2006 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by something fishy

I think that I have found a small bug

On the 'browse this channel' screen from the program guide the date is not changing as I scroll forward in time (it stays set on whatever the first date was when that screen was opened). The date works fine on the standard multichannel guide.
Thanks for the heads-up, I will fix this in the next version

Quote:
Originally Posted by something fishy
And now the complulsory feature request.

Is it possible to port the WMA parser and player into SageMC
(http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17620)
that would give people the ability to play CDs (as well as, I hope, gapless playback of WMA lossless though I know that I can do this with winamp).
The WMA parser/player itself can be used with SageMC, just the Music CD import needs to be ported. Since I have ripped all my CDs to FLAC I don't play CDs any more, so this would be really low priority for me. Maybe someone else ?

Dirk
Old 06-21-2006, 06:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

No hibernation in SageMC

Recently I decided to use Windows Power Mgmt features on my Sage system. It took a while to get it running the way I want, but now my system goes into hibernation and wakes up to:
- make automatic daily backups of SageTV and other important files
- update daily epgdata.xml via xmltv
- update my virusscanner daily
- record favorite TV programs

Sofar all this works rather well.

However: As soon as I use this STV, the system will not hibernate any more. Even the smallest step: moving the cursor from one menue-item to the next will prevent hibernation. Only after rebooting Sage the sytem will hibernate again. I have tried different settings in BIOS, Windows and Sage without any result, but to my surprise I found out that when going from SageMC to the Original STV the problem is gone. This is not an attractive solution for me since I like this STV very much. It proves however that the fault is in this SageMC STV.

Can anyone help me with this problem and/or suggest what else I can try?

Thanks, jan
Old 06-22-2006, 11:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I know that .my files have been addressed here before and the recommendation was to use DVD Profiler. This works well for movies but not for TV episodes. I am currently testing SageMC and was wondering if it is (will be) possible to include .my file support. Greggerm's STV creates them from recordings and displays them in Video Detail screen.
Is this something on the road map or not enough interest in it to do?
Could be somewhere down the road, provided there is enough general interest in this ...

Dirk
Old 06-22-2006, 01:18 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
-Jan Smit
My HTPC goes into standyby with no issues using SageMC. My motherboard doesn't support hibernation so I can't verify that. Windows Power Management will put the system into standby if nothing is used for more than 10 minutes. You can try testing your setup with Sleeper by PassMark. Just toggle Sage out of fullscreen or sleep then you can leave it running and see if sleeper can put the pc to sleep.

Last edited by kricker; 06-22-2006 at 01:21 PM.