SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Sage Expert

number pad

Can I get the letter pad to appear as opposed to a number style pad? This would make searching for new shows easier.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Sage Expert

conflict management

Thanks for giving me the option to have SageMC more closely mimic the behavior of the original SageTV.

Is there a way to have it look more than 2 days out?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Can I get the letter pad to appear as opposed to a number style pad? This would make searching for new shows easier.
press pause when in a search screen with a keypad up.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
press pause when in a search screen with a keypad up.
Exactly, or disable Numeric Text Entry in the SageMC options, then it will always come up with the letter pad first ...

Dirk
Old 08-18-2006, 04:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for giving me the option to have SageMC more closely mimic the behavior of the original SageTV.

Is there a way to have it look more than 2 days out?
The Sage APIs for getting the recording conflicts do not have any parameter, so I assume that either there is a global Sage property for that (which I dont know), or that this is tied to the lookahead of your EPG data in general ...

Dirk
Old 08-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
The Sage APIs for getting the recording conflicts do not have any parameter, so I assume that either there is a global Sage property for that (which I dont know), or that this is tied to the lookahead of your EPG data in general ...

Dirk
Yeah, I think it's tied to this property:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
The value appears to be in seconds, but then a divide of 1000 is needed to get it in days. In other words, take this number, /60, /60, /24, /1000. So if you want to put a new value in, take say, 7 days, *60, *60, *24, *1000 to get the value you enter here.

scheduling_lookahead=259200000
Old 08-18-2006, 02:56 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Exactly, or disable Numeric Text Entry in the SageMC options, then it will always come up with the letter pad first ...

Dirk
Is it possible to have the number pad as an option by pressing pause? Just switch the "default" to letters with the option to switch back to numbers instead of the current way where the "default" is numbers?
Old 08-18-2006, 03:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is it possible to have the number pad as an option by pressing pause? Just switch the "default" to letters with the option to switch back to numbers instead of the current way where the "default" is numbers?
Yes, that's exactly how it already is. The setting is just defining the default pad which comes up first, you can always switch to the other by pressing 'Pause' ...

Dirk
Old 08-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly how it already is. The setting is just defining the default pad which comes up first, you can always switch to the other by pressing 'Pause' ...

Dirk
AH YEAH! now "that's" what I'm talkin about!
Old 08-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
I'm attempting to get the weather images to show up within SageMC - can anyone direct me? I've got weather images in folders in various locations (probably 3 or 4 different locations) already. For some reason, though, none appear in My Weather.

Thanks in advance!
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT
I'm attempting to get the weather images to show up within SageMC - can anyone direct me? I've got weather images in folders in various locations (probably 3 or 4 different locations) already. For some reason, though, none appear in My Weather.

Thanks in advance!
Mine appear to be located here:

\\Htpc\sagetv\SageTV\weather.com icons\
Old 08-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Mine appear to be located here:

\\Htpc\sagetv\SageTV\weather.com icons\

You made me do a triple-take there! I was confused at what i was reading because we named our computers the same. I thought, "how'd he know?!"

I guess it's probably not all that uncommon a name, though!!

I had nothing like the folder location you sent. Tried to move a copy there, but it didn't work. Maybe I just need to install the weather from scratch and see if it works again.

Thanks,

Ted
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Sage Icon

Weather should all be integrated, you shouldn't have to install it, besides just the STV.

I should have explained that better.

I share the base "sagetv" folder on my htpc, but the real path would be something like c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv\weather.com icons\
Old 08-30-2006, 06:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Weather? check. Channel Logos? . . .

Quote:
Weather should all be integrated, you shouldn't have to install it, besides just the STV.
Well, after much hair-pulling (my own hair - I wasn't fighting like a sissy or anything!), I realized that my convoluted SageTV install that has transitioned version to version for the last two years was in definite need of a rebuild. I has so many duplicated folders and subfolders I could have saved an entire forest by recycling them - provided that were actual folders, of course. Also, sageTV startup was taking about 2 minutes!! (Now it takes six seconds!!).

As you mentioned, the weather was just there and it simply worked - pics an all.

So, being on a graphical theme of late, I've moved on to Channel Logos (woohoo!). I have downloaded an iconpack and placed it into the SageTV/SageTV/ChannelLogos folder, to no avail. Any suggestions? So far, digging through the forums, I've not found a clear-cut answer.

Thanks,
Old 08-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

My channel logos are PNGs (with transparency) named exactly as the channels in the Guide are.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm looking at my logos, and I'm seeing that many (most?) have strange, non-standard names. I was about to update them all, but I realized that they are also all JPG's (no transparancy!). Where did you obtain your logos?
Old 08-30-2006, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

jpgs will work. Just name them the same as the name in the channel guide like AETV.jpg, CNN.jpg, TOON.jpg, etc. And then restart Sage or reboot your server.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had a site that had allll the logos but unfortunately I can't find it now. Just google "channel logos" and you will get a lot of hits though. Or search around here, I think that is where I found it.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Administrator

BTW: the List of available customizations has a few links for logos, down near the bottom of the post, under "Other Customizations".

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah, these were the ones I used.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8186

Also, make sure Settings...Detailed Settings...Advanced...SageMC Options...Icons...Show Channel Logos is Enabled.