SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
You guys ROCK! I got them all working now!

On to animated weather...
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted@TNT
You guys ROCK! I got them all working now!

On to animated weather...
LOL, once hooked, always hooked...welcome to SageMC!
Old 08-31-2006, 07:32 AM
Sage User

New here

X Meedio user. I hope Sage sticks around.

Anyways just started trying out SageTV and using SageMC because I love to tweek

Is there someplace that list the keyboard commands for SageTV. For instance I click on Guide from the main menu and it takes me to guide but when I click on a TVprogram in the guide nothing happens. In regular SageTV it would bring up a menu to watch now, record ect... What am I missing. Thanks
Old 08-31-2006, 07:39 AM
Sage Icon

Download the Sage manual. I think its in Chapter 5 for keyboard commands. Listed under "Controlling Sage" if memory serves me right.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:42 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the tip. I do like to tweek but I have to say I had Meedio setup just right for me and it took quite awhile...sigh. I hope I can get Sage to be just as good. Back to the drawing board.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:18 AM
Sage User

Confused

One other question so I can start to get a feel for Sage. Why doesn't my mouse work when clicking in the program guide in SageMC where it did in regular SageTV?
Old 08-31-2006, 03:28 PM
Sage User

Guess I'll do some digging.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Transferring Settings

Finally, with the help of many of you, I've finished the NEW and IMPROVED build of my SageTV system. I started with a new disc and built it from scratch, and it's working great - thank you all!!

I have one question, though...

I'd like to transfer the settings from my previous sage system - shows watched, recording schedule, etc. I've been looking, but I can't seem to find documentation on this - any suggestions??

W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Finally, with the help of many of you, I've finished the NEW and IMPROVED build of my SageTV system. I started with a new disc and built it from scratch, and it's working great - thank you all!!

I have one question, though...

I'd like to transfer the settings from my previous sage system - shows watched, recording schedule, etc. I've been looking, but I can't seem to find documentation on this - any suggestions??

Wiz.bin, my friend, wiz.bin. That's where all the magic lies.

And let me tell, you, it's magic. It's not your typical text file, so if you did not back it up...well, I hate to say it, so I won't...
Old 09-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Sage Icon

I'm almost certain that all of the history is stored in the Wiz.bin file. You need to make sure you have the recoding directory defined before you open sage with the copy of Wiz.bin, or it will think the shows are no longer available.

To simplify

Make sure recording directory is defined on new box
Close sage
copy Wiz.Bin from old machine over the one on the new machine (please back up in case there is a problem).
Restart Sage and you should be good to go.

EDIT: I am just too slow...
Old 09-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Sage Icon

It's all in the details, and that's what you covered!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands
I'm almost certain that all of the history is stored in the Wiz.bin file. You need to make sure you have the recoding directory defined before you open sage with the copy of Wiz.bin, or it will think the shows are no longer available.

To simplify

Make sure recording directory is defined on new box
Close sage
copy Wiz.Bin from old machine over the one on the new machine (please back up in case there is a problem).
Restart Sage and you should be good to go.

EDIT: I am just too slow...
Yah I made that mistake once, wrong order that is. I restored Wiz.bin then went into the GUI to add recording directories into the new server, and wound up losing info for MANY programs that I had recorded. Oh well, live and learn I tell ya!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Awesome!! I'll grab that file and copy it over. Of course, I'll rename the new win.biz win.biz.old or something - just in case.

Many thanks!!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Umm, before I proceed...

Do i need to make sure all my directories are identical to the old directories, or do I just need to have them configured?
Old 09-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ahh - reread a few times - I understand now. Prior to Win.biz being replaced and Sage being restarted, All the videos need to exist where Sage thinks that they are. Or, if it doesn't see them, it will delete the record of them.

Okay, here I go...
Old 09-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Umm, before I proceed...

Do i need to make sure all my directories are identical to the old directories, or do I just need to have them configured?
I think you just need to have them defined as a recording directory, not necessarily the same path.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Woo Hoo!!

Okay, they are all there. Of course, I was loving that the new build was launching in six seconds or less and that I didn't have to wait for the "profiler is initializing" message and the count from 1 to 100. Now, I have to wait for all that. Is that because now it is checking all the files in the directories, or is that 'cause my old wiz.bin file had problems and I'm just using the one with problems again. It generally takes nearly two minutes to launch SageTV instead of 6 seconds.

Part of what I moved in my video directory was about 15,000 little files that I don't know if I even need anymore. These could be here from earlier SageTV versions or from earlier plugins - does anyone know if they can be deleted? These are the file types:

*.ccno
*.ccyes
*.log
*.txt
*.vproj

Thanks,
Old 09-01-2006, 02:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
*.ccno
*.ccyes
*.log
*.txt
*.vproj

Thanks,
Those look like files generated by Show Analyzer (SA) for commercial skipping. If the .mpg file is gone, then they are safe to delete. Just a note, you can set up SA to run through Dirmon2 and set it up to automatically clean up all those files when you don't need them anymore. And you probably only need to have SA generate the .txt file to begin with.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 09-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Those look like files generated by Show Analyzer (SA) for commercial skipping. If the .mpg file is gone, then they are safe to delete. Just a note, you can set up SA to run through Dirmon2 and set it up to automatically clean up all those files when you don't need them anymore. And you probably only need to have SA generate the .txt file to begin with.

Aloha,
Mike
Yep, very nice little feature of DirMon2. You can set file clean up, such as, "if mpg does not exist," delete ".txt, .edl, etc." for files of the same name.

Oh, and I'd switch to using edl, instead of txt. It appears to be more accurate. I stopped generating txt files a couple of builds back, when flachbar added support.

Oh, just realized, this is the thread for the old version of the STV. edl support is new in flachbar's 6.x version...
Old 09-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I was loving that the new build was launching in six seconds or less and that I didn't have to wait for the "profiler is initializing" message and the count from 1 to 100. Now, I have to wait for all that. Is that because now it is checking all the files in the directories, or is that 'cause my old wiz.bin file had problems and I'm just using the one with problems again. It generally takes nearly two minutes to launch SageTV instead of 6 seconds.
The use of wiz.bin is not specific to this STV... and the reason it takes longer to load is because the core processes info from the wiz.bin as it loads, so there is nothing going wrong here. Startup was quicker with the new wiz.bin because there were no recordings, airing history, or anything that it had to go through.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.