SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:17 PM

Also make sure you video menu options are setup correctly. Check out the manual page 137.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi everyone,

I have been using SageMC for a couple of months now and my wife loves it. I recently decided to try integrating SageMC and Meedio and thought I'd share an integration solution that worked for me. Switching from Meedio to SageTV is easy using mostlyfodder's MeedioSage plugin. However, switching back to Meedio was a problem. I wanted to have a button on the SageMC main screen to allow switching to Meedio, but the only place to add custom menu items is under "My Menu". The logic of entering a sub-menu to switch to Meedio did not seem right to me. Also I didn't want to just assign the switch to a remote button. Lastly, I definitely wanted to stick with SageMC if at all possible due to the high WAF. So here is what I came up with. (If this is obvious or if someone else has already posted something similar, I apologize in advance. I also apologize if this is the wrong thread to post this in)

I found that pressing the sleep button on the SageMC main screen generates an event that Girder recognizes as 'SageTV.exe [Close]' (activating the screensaver on sleep should be disabled). I was able to use this event in Girder to trigger sending a windows message to show Meedio, pause briefly, and then send another windows message to send focus to Meedio. Now, when I press the sleep button, Sage seemlessly switches back to Meedio with no focus issues. So far this seems to be working flawlessly. I hope this can be of some use to somebody out there.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Also make sure you video menu options are setup correctly. Check out the manual page 137.

Thanks. Just checked and that was the problem. Working now and looking good!!!

Old 05-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

Question My Menu?

I keep reading posts about "My Menu".. I don't have a "My Menu" on my sage client.. I've installed the latest version of the .stv.. I even tried moving the sageclient properties file elsewhere so it could regenerate a new one.. but I don't see any "My Menu" option anywhere in this stv... any idea what I am missing??

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2005, 06:03 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
I keep reading posts about "My Menu".. I don't have a "My Menu" on my sage client.. I've installed the latest version of the .stv.. I even tried moving the sageclient properties file elsewhere so it could regenerate a new one.. but I don't see any "My Menu" option anywhere in this stv... any idea what I am missing??

Thanks!
install nielms plugin that should do it
Old 05-20-2005, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Stuntman,

I'm no expert, but since it looks like it was my post that instigated your question, I'll take my best shot at an answer.

I'm pretty sure that neilm's custom menu is already built into SageMC. If you right click on the main menu, you should get a popup that allows you to select various menu items to be shown. 'My Menu' is one of these items. Once you activate it, you can enter the menu and right click to bring up the dialog to create custom menu items. These items are stored in menu.xml in the sageTV directory, in case you want to edit it manually.

This is important. If you try to install neilm's custom menu STV again (if it already installed), very strange things will happen and you will end up having to re-install SageMC to recover. I'm speaking from experience here. On the other hand if I am wrong about all of this (and I usually am), please ignore my useless ramblings.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Stuntman,
please ignore my useless ramblings.
Anybody trying to help, successfully or not is appreciated! For me when I right click on the main menu I get only the following menu items..
My Videos
My Music
My Pictures
Play DVD
Other Programs
My Weather
My Games
Settings

I don't see any "My Menu" option.. what I'm really trying to get to is a way enable the Comskipping again. It worked fine under Cayars 17, and my server is still using that stv and still generating the correct comskip files.. simpy the sageMC stv doesn't seem to know about them, or give me any way to configure them that I can see...

Anyhow, now it is me that is rambling... I sure loved the Comskip, but I love this STV.. Sure wish I could get both working!
Old 05-20-2005, 07:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I started using comskip for the first time a few days ago, when I switched my client to this STV, and it's working great for me. The processing is done on my server using DirMon. So you should be able to get it working.

To enable or disable autoskip, play a video then right click (I use a remote but I think right clicking will open the window). You should have an option to enable or disable the auto skip feature.

To get to the other comskip options (that I've seen), on the home page click settings, then click detailed settings and you should see a comskip section in the left frame.

Last edited by blade; 05-20-2005 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Stuntman,

What version of SageMC169 are you using? I just checked the first post, and it looks like Comskip was added in version 2 and the 'My Menu' option wasn't added until version 4.

Edit: Oops, I just saw that you said you are running the latest version. Sorry. Just a thought...can you install the version 4 update just to make absolutely certain you are running the latest version?

Last edited by MeInMaui; 05-20-2005 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Stuntman,

What version of SageMC169 are you using? I just checked the first post, and it looks like Comskip was added in version 2 and the 'My Menu' option wasn't added until version 4.

Edit: Oops, I just saw that you said you are running the latest version. Sorry. Just a thought...can you install the version 4 update just to make absolutely certain you are running the latest version?
I am using version 4.. downloaded and install this STV only a couple weeks ago..

When I click options on a running video there is no option for comskip, nor are there any options for it in the detailed settings.. they vanished when I installed this STV.. but I know they were there under Cayars.. My SageServer is still running Cayars.. any chance the client and the server both have to be running SageMC169? I didn't figure my client needed all the bells and whistles that I like to have on the server..

Perhaps I can uninstall the client altogether and then reinstall the stock 2.2.8 client then re-add the SageMC STV? Reinstalling the client won't require me to save any of the .bin files would it??
Old 05-21-2005, 07:32 AM

Quote:
I am using version 4.. downloaded and install this STV only a couple weeks ago..

When I click options on a running video there is no option for comskip, nor are there any options for it in the detailed settings.. they vanished when I installed this STV.. but I know they were there under Cayars.. My SageServer is still running Cayars.. any chance the client and the server both have to be running SageMC169? I didn't figure my client needed all the bells and whistles that I like to have on the server..

Perhaps I can uninstall the client altogether and then reinstall the stock 2.2.8 client then re-add the SageMC STV? Reinstalling the client won't require me to save any of the .bin files would it??
It sounds like you are still running the old SageMC.stv. You sure you installed the 169 version are are using that STV? It is actually a different STV file name.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Sage User

Forgive the simple question. How do you remove search filters? As example, when I filter my music for Jazz, how can I remove that filter to see all albums?

Tom
Old 05-21-2005, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster_T
Forgive the simple question. How do you remove search filters? As example, when I filter my music for Jazz, how can I remove that filter to see all albums?

Tom
You shold be able to use the Back command to get out of any custom view.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
It sounds like you are still running the old SageMC.stv. You sure you installed the 169 version are are using that STV? It is actually a different STV file name.

I guess I had the old .stv file in my directory and when I selected the new stv I didn't scroll down the list far enough to see the 16x9 stv.. OOPS..

I'm sorry to pester everybody on such a bone headed issue!

Works as described now!

PS.. I did notice that when I delete a show, it doesn't get removed from the show list till I exit the folder and come back in..
Old 05-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Sage User

Quote:
PS.. I did notice that when I delete a show, it doesn't get removed from the show list till I exit the folder and come back in..
That's normal. It should put an icon next to the file name signifying that it will be deleted. ...What is strange, though, is the icon is the same as the 'currently recording' icon...
Old 05-21-2005, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

I must say, the screenshots do not do this STV justice. It's much nicer than it appears in the screenshots.

I just have one small problem. When I go to movies it shows the On Now ones just fine; however, when I try to view All Upcoming it shows the list for half a second then switches back to the On Now list.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Works as described now!
Glad to hear everything is working now!
Old 05-21-2005, 06:11 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
I just have one small problem. When I go to movies it shows the On Now ones just fine; however, when I try to view All Upcoming it shows the list for half a second then switches back to the On Now list.
If you are using a remote - the button could be sending out two commands very quickly, turning 'All Upcoming' view on and off. If this is the case try it with a mouse to see if the same problem occurs.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If you are using a remote - the button could be sending out two commands very quickly, turning 'All Upcoming' view on and off. If this is the case try it with a mouse to see if the same problem occurs.
You're right, it acts as if it's receiving two commands each time I click select. The odd thing is, the only menu that's doing this is the All Upcoming. I selected the Genre while on the On Now page and everything worked fine.

I set it to All Upcoming with the mouse then tried to select the Genre with the remote and each time it would act as if it received two commands. It would go to Genre and then select the first Movie listed, just as if I had pressed select twice. For some reason anything on the All Upcoming page acts as if it's receiving two signals.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Last edited by blade; 05-22-2005 at 02:43 AM.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:29 AM

Try using your keyboad to see what results you get. It does sound like a configuration issue with your remote.