SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-11-2005, 05:11 PM

I updated the test STV in this post:

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&postcount=462

I did see something that could cause the Video options menu from being too small.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

I love the look of this stv, so I tried to install it. I downloaded the newest beta (SageMC_169_5_b4 - BETA 4 SageTV 3.x STV) I zipped it into my SageTV folder. I then added these lines:

ui/themes/0/image_root=Images_MC
ui/themes/0/title=MCE
ui/themes/1/image_root=Images_bt
ui/themes/1/title=BlueTwo
ui/themes/2/image_root=Images_bt_m
ui/themes/2/title=BlueTwo Blue Steel

to my sage.properties file which is in the sagetv folder. I run Sage and I then switch over to the OriginalV2 folder and select the SageMC16x9 (I cant think of the name, but it was the right one) and I got the cool interface. I then tried to select another theme to check out what was available. There were no other themes showing. It told me that I needed to restart the sage UI. I got out of SAge and back in and now I have a black screen with white writing and can't tell where the cursor is at. When I work my way back to the theme screen, it doesn't show any themes. Also if I go to the setup screens the options all overwrite each other making it impossible to read them.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?? (If anything)

Oh, by the way. I tried reinstalling the beta but the screen stayed black.

Brian
Old 08-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Sage Icon

It sounds to me like you are trying to switch themes with the STV instead. Once you select the SageMC STV, you then go to the theme selection (different from STV selection), and change themes there.

Not sure if that is the problem, or if it is something else...

If reinstalling the beta version of Sage, you may need to delete your frey technologies folder after uninstalling, otherwise it may keep settings.

If reinstalling the beta of SageMC, I'm not sure that would make a difference, since it's only copying files.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

No, I went to the switch theme section. It had something like themes \ui\themes\0 (no theme names) and I tried to select a theme but none were there. I noticed there was a little square on the screen which would change colors when I was trying to move the cursor around.

Brian
Old 08-11-2005, 07:12 PM
SageTVaholic

bclenney,

Check your sage.properties file again to see if the new lines you entered are there. If not, you probably didn't exit SageTV before editing the properties file. If you are running the service, you need to put these lines in the sage client properties file. Again, you have to exit the SageTV UI and the service before editing the properties file. Good luck.

Mike
Old 08-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. I didn't exit the service. That is probably it. I'll let you know tomorrow

Brian
Old 08-11-2005, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

If you're running the service, you don't need to stop it, but you do need to make sure you're editing the sageclient.properties file.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm...just noticed that the "Enter/Exit Full Screen Mode" are not available when using this STV. In the original SageTV STV, you click on Setup, and that is an option, along with choosing the Config. Wizard, Advanced Setup, etc.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the correction Stanger. I definitely don't want to propagate false information. We'll leave that to the politicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
If you're running the service, you don't need to stop it, but you do need to make sure you're editing the sageclient.properties file.
Geogecko,

You can add the Full Screen toggle to 'My Menu'.

Aloha
Old 08-12-2005, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Hmm...just noticed that the "Enter/Exit Full Screen Mode" are not available when using this STV. In the original SageTV STV, you click on Setup, and that is an option, along with choosing the Config. Wizard, Advanced Setup, etc.
You will need to use the keyboard command or bind something to your remote. Or you can use the My Menu as the user above suggests.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:56 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Geogecko,

You can add the Full Screen toggle to 'My Menu'.

Aloha
How do you do that?
Old 08-12-2005, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I updated the test STV in this post:

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&postcount=462

I did see something that could cause the Video options menu from being too small.

Thanks, I think that was the problem. My screenshots are attached. The first shows the cutoff options menu then the next one shows what happens when i click on the 'blank' button. Sorry I didn't have time last night to post them or try out the updated test stv but i was in depositions until late last night. will try when i get home.
JUC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.JPG (55.2 KB, 294 views)
File Type: jpg click.JPG (39.5 KB, 282 views)
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the help guys. It's working like a champ now

Brian
Old 08-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to willgill
I just discovered this STV and LOVE IT!

Is there some way of adding DVD burning support?
Server: WinXPProSP2, Athlon64 4000+ Dual Core, ASUS NVidia Premium SLI MB, 2Gig DDR, 2xGeForce 7800GTX in SLI, 2x250G SATA HD's in RAID stripe, 250G SATA Video, 250G Backup HD, Onboard Realtek sound, PureVid 1.0.2.223, SageTV 6.3.8
HTPC: WinXPProSP2, AthlonXP 1700+, 1GigDDR, ATI Radeon 2400HD AGP with , Overlay, SageTV 6.3.8
iTreadmill: Media MVP with USRobotics wireless bridge.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willgill
I just discovered this STV and LOVE IT!

Is there some way of adding DVD burning support?
If there is a program to call and pass command line arguments there is. Let us know.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to willgill
How about incorporating this?
Server: WinXPProSP2, Athlon64 4000+ Dual Core, ASUS NVidia Premium SLI MB, 2Gig DDR, 2xGeForce 7800GTX in SLI, 2x250G SATA HD's in RAID stripe, 250G SATA Video, 250G Backup HD, Onboard Realtek sound, PureVid 1.0.2.223, SageTV 6.3.8
HTPC: WinXPProSP2, AthlonXP 1700+, 1GigDDR, ATI Radeon 2400HD AGP with , Overlay, SageTV 6.3.8
iTreadmill: Media MVP with USRobotics wireless bridge.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willgill
How about incorporating this?
I'll keep an eye on it .
Old 08-13-2005, 06:14 AM
Sage Icon

okay, the test offline .stv now shows the full options menu. However, I still cannot get the Offline/Offline DVD's folder to populate. I've posted my properties file for you to check out. My offline DVD's are stored in: D:/Offline/Offline DVD's
DVD profiler is found in the C:/ drive under the normal directory structure. Let me know if you can see anything that would prevent this from working.
Thank and I really hope i can get this going. BTW-i am leaving for the weekend and will be back Sunday afternoon.
JUC
Attached Files
File Type: txt Sage.txt (33.8 KB, 282 views)
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-13-2005, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
okay, the test offline .stv now shows the full options menu. However, I still cannot get the Offline/Offline DVD's folder to populate. I've posted my properties file for you to check out. My offline DVD's are stored in: D:/Offline/Offline DVD's
DVD profiler is found in the C:/ drive under the normal directory structure. Let me know if you can see anything that would prevent this from working.
Thank and I really hope i can get this going. BTW-i am leaving for the weekend and will be back Sunday afternoon.
JUC
As long as your collection.xml exists in that location and the offline DVD titles are NOT already imported then they should go. Anyone else not have success under those conditions?
Old 08-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just installed beta 3.0.7 and I think I found a bug specific to SageMC. When I select a show in the guide, then stop that show, if I go back to the channel in the guide and select it, the show title is "." And the only options are to Record Series and Other Showings.