SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 05-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Sage User

DVD Collection software

Is onyone using a DVD collection software such as Movie Collector? I use this program and it would be nice if there was a way to incorporate the database in to SageTV. Is this possible? Is there another database program that would work better with SageTV?

Thanks, Konig
Old 05-31-2005, 12:47 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig
Is onyone using a DVD collection software such as Movie Collector? I use this program and it would be nice if there was a way to incorporate the database in to SageTV. Is this possible? Is there another database program that would work better with SageTV?

Thanks, Konig
You could use SageMC 16x9, which has a menu for your own specified programs. Granted you will not be viewing the in Sage, but you will be able to launch your Movie Collector app from Sage.

Just had another idea. I don't know too much about xml, but maybe the Movie Collector could export your list as an xml file. Then you could use nielm's Dynamic Menu's, which would allow you to view your lists in Sage. It sounds like quite a lot of work, but who knows...

-kayoti

Last edited by kayoti; 05-31-2005 at 12:54 AM.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:18 AM
Sage User

This might or might not be for you but works for me very well. I use Media Portal as a front end for my HTPC and have Sage run as an external app within MP. MP gives you all sort of ways to manage your video and music collection and can retreive move information, covers art, etc for all you stuff. (it is also a PVR.. not as solid as Sage in that department yet but coming along very fast)
Old 05-31-2005, 10:15 AM
SageTVaholic

DVD Profiler is supported in SageMC 169.