SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-17-2005, 08:05 AM

Can't get STV's to work correctly

I must be doing something wrong. I tried 3 different stv's and got weird results each time.

I found an stv that installed with sage (it was called originalv2patch-something) and it messed up the menus. Text overlapping, weird colors, partially unreadable.

I tried one from Frey; OriginalV2Comskip.stv and it made all the menus disappear completely. I started sage and was looking at a black screen with a mouse cursor. I had to edit the properties file to fix it.

I tried Cayars18TestE.stv and got odd results as well. the main menu was plain text on a black bacground and didn't respond to the remote. The list of recorded shows looked ok at fist, until I scrolled down, then it got all messed up and unreadable.

I switched back to the original stv and all is as it was before.
Am I doing something wrong/missing something?
Old 07-17-2005, 08:13 AM
Sage Icon

Are you simply changing to another STV or are you trying to import them or something? Importing is only used with special STV Imports.

Another thing and this is more likely what is going wrong. Where are you extracting the STVs. They generally need to be in the same folder as the OriginalV2.STV file (usually c:\program files\frey technologies\sagetv\stvs\originalv2\). For the Cayars STV there are 3 zip files you need to extract to appropriate folders. The instructions are in the first post of the Cayars thread.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:08 AM
Sage Icon

Actually, this isn't _always_ true. The Meekell STV needs to be unzipped to the '/SageTV/STVs' folder. When in doubt - follow the instructions.

But in the end ToxMox is right, the problem is most likely the files being unzipped to the incorrect directory.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Sage Icon

That is why I said "generally"
Old 07-18-2005, 10:41 AM
Sage Icon

Ah, missed that. I need to drink less coffee so I'll actually read posts, rather than skimming them.

My coffee quota for the day:
Old 07-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Sage Expert

lol, glad to see i'm not the only one