SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
V6.0.16 has updated code for the Disk Space Bar at the top of the screen such that the data is updated in the background, so it should cause less interference with any screen redraws or menu transitions, especially when the recording directories are network locations.
WARNING: Sage TV v6.0.16 requires the dynamic menu version 5.5, otherwise the disk space bar that is included with v6.0.16 will be broken

Last edited by nielm; 12-08-2006 at 04:49 AM.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Update:

v5.5 8 Dec 2006 (download) (SageTV v6.0 ONLY!)
  • Fixed to work with SageTV 6.0.16 (and breaks v5 support)
  • Disk space bar performance + calculation improvements (no longer blocks UI)
  • Disk space bar add specification of estimated bitrate in HRS
  • Added HDTV markers to recsched widget
  • added Play to recsched widget to start playback of highlighted currently recording file

Note: this file was originally uploaded in error: If you downloaded it before this post was edited, you will need to re-download it!

Last edited by nielm; 12-11-2006 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Sage Icon

disk space is now displaying "updating..." and has been for the last hour. did I miss a setting by chance?

Edit: ok, went back and checked the settings again from the main screen and now it shows "untitled" in the disk space display.

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Last edited by hemicuda; 12-08-2006 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Sage User

I am having the same issue with the plugin on version 5 of Sage. ANy ideas on how to fix it?

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda
disk space is now displaying "updating..." and has been for the last hour. did I miss a setting by chance?

Edit: ok, went back and checked the settings again from the main screen and now it shows "untitled" in the disk space display.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:54 AM
SageTVaholic

hemicuda, 1fastvx: I can't reproduce this on my system... Can you let me know your settings from the options screen, and if you have any HDTV tuners?

If you have V6, or if you can enable logging (see FAQ) can you post a logfile when you reproduce this problem please

Last edited by nielm; 12-11-2006 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Sage User

No HD tuners for me. I will try and get the other info for you tonight when I get home.

Thanks,

John
Old 12-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
hemicuda, 1fastvx: I can't reproduce this on my system... Can you let me know your settings from the options screen, and if you have any HDTV tuners?

If you have V6, or if you can enable logging (see FAQ) can you post a logfile when you reproduce this problem please
I'm running the same v5 setup that worked with your previous release. no HD tuners, yet. in the options screen I have:

Enabled, Enabled, Hours, 60, 48, 90, 95, HD bitrate is 15mbps and SD is "default"

it shows total space and space used on the info page under options, but does not show anything on the screen for space needed in the next 48 hrs.

Before I checked the options screen on the MVP the space bar in the lower right showed "Updating" now it's changed to "Untitled"

debugging in sageclient properties did not give me a txt file for the MVP, but it did for the UI on the server.

hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (20.6 KB, 397 views)

Old 12-11-2006, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

hemicuda, 1fastvx: Opus4 has just told me that the updates I made were *NOT* compatible with V5 or earlier... Oops! Thats what I get for rushing an update out... Please revert to 5.4 until I fix it!

Last edited by nielm; 12-12-2006 at 02:49 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Just a quick note to thank you for this great STVi. Imported it into the latest 6.0.16 RC1 and it works great. Intelligent Suggestions, Webserver, Dynamic menu, (plus lots of others I don't use) - You da man!

Tom

P.S. I lived in your neck of the world for several years. Brussels was my favorite city in the vicinity, bought the diamond for my wife's engagement ring in Antwerp, drank lots of Hoegaarden (and the occasional Duvel), never missed a Grand Prix in Spa/Francochamps, spoke Flemish with a Dutch (Rotterdam) accent (which made me the butt of many a joke), still have friends in Hofstade and Keerbergen, and always ate the best almost anywhere in Belgium. (French food is way over-rated and Belgian way under-rated.) Cheers.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:51 AM
SageTVaholic

v5.6 (12 Dec 2006) (download)
  • Hopefully fixed backward compatibility with V5 (untested!)
Old 12-12-2006, 09:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
v5.6 (12 Dec 2006)
Hopefully fixed backward compatibility with V5 (untested!)
Feedback from a v5 user: tastes great, less filling. Thanks!

The lower bar does seem to work, now. (I like the 5 sec toggle too!)
Old 12-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
v5.6 (12 Dec 2006) (download)
  • Hopefully fixed backward compatibility with V5 (untested!)
Working for me so far. great work. thanks.

Edit: is there an easy way to increase the font size of the disk space remaining? maybe 1-2 points would make it more legible.

Last edited by hemicuda; 12-12-2006 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Sage User

Also working for me!!

Thank you,

John
Old 12-17-2006, 05:02 AM
SageTVaholic

In a previous post, I mentioned how to use MenuItemLets to go directly to specific video library folders from the dynamic menu.

In V6, the format of this MenuItemLet depends on whether you have 'combined' video folder views or 'Separate' video folder views.

If it is combined, you need to specify the sub-path of the required folder , in the example below, it is the "kids/" subfolder of the video import folder. Note that this path has to match exactly (including upper/lower case chars) that shown in the video library browser.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.3//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.3">
    <internalScreenMenuItem
        icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_video.png"
        screen="Video Library Folder View"
        title="Kid's Videos">
        <evalExpression>AddGlobalContext("CurrentVideoFolder", "kids/")</evalExpression>
    </internalScreenMenuItem>
</sageMenu>
If it is Separate, you need to specify the full path to the folder, and create a Java File object -- see the following format for an example where the path is: "\\mediaserver\media\Video\kids". Note that again this path has to match exactly (including upper/lower case chars) that shown in the video library browser, and the '\' backslash characters have to be doubled: '\\'

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.3//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.3">
    <internalScreenMenuItem title="Kids Videos"
        icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_video.png"
        screen="Browser - Videos">
        <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("newVideoBrowserStyle","xFolder")</evalExpression>
        <evalExpression>AddGlobalContext("CurrentVideoBrowserFolder", new_java_io_File("\\\\mediaserver\\media\\Video\\kids"))</evalExpression>
    </internalScreenMenuItem>
</sageMenu>
Old 12-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Sage User

Just tried out 5.6 with SageTV V6 and for some reason It cannot load the default menu XML for V6. It gives an error and allows you load a new file or revert to standard sage menus. Can't remember the error exactly. Something like invalid head line 1.5? I'll get the exact message when I get home.

I can revert back to my previously working V5 menu.xml file and that loads but nothing can be clicked except the upcoming recordings bar.

I can also load the default V4 menu XML file and again it loads but none of the menu options can be clicked.

I also tried out Dynamic meny 5.5 but had the same result.

Any ideas?

When first loading the 5.6 version it actually didn't complete. So I reverted back to a completely stock SageV3 file and it loaded the addon all right but with the same results of the default meny not loading correctly.

---- Ah ... Never mind found the fix in an earlier post. I'll try deleteing the folder as suggested. Thanks

net\sf\sageplugins\sagemenu

Last edited by kpsmith; 12-28-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Sage Icon

I'm having problem with the home command on some menus, like the guide. The screen just dims a little and doesn't go to the home screen.

It doesn't happen at all without this import active.

Thanks
Old 01-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Sage User

For what its worth I have a similar problem. On some pages ( guide I think) if I click the Sage logo to go back to the Main menu it dims as you said. I've just learned to avoid it but it is weird.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Wheemer and KpSmith: How did you import it?

If you used flachbar's bulk importer, there is a bug/conflict which can cause this behaviour -- you need to import everything *else* with the bulk importer, then import the dynamic menus manually.

If you feel like editing in Stuido, you can fix it by:

Press Home
press CTRL-SHIFT-F12
Studio should open with a widget titled 'Main Menu' highlighted. This widget should NOT have any child widgets. (There will also be another Main Menu which does have children)

Delete the non-bold, childless one, Save As and close Studio.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Sage User

Thanks nielm

I'll give it a try in studio when I get home. I imported each import individually ending with dynamic menus. It's only been a minor annoyance for me as I don't typically navigate that way. I just figured it was something flakey with my STV.

Thanks for the dynamic menu import. Couldn't live without it.

--Update

For some reason I had three main menus. 1 Original and 2 regular. One of the regular Main Menus was the culprit. I deleted it completely and the problems fixed. THANKS

Last edited by kpsmith; 01-09-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Sage Icon

I redid my importing and it seemed to go away...