SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Sage User

Pin Codes

Gah! I buggered my setup tonight trying out different STV's.
I can't change anything, all I get is enter pin code to edit main menu.
but I never set a pincode to lock it.

Any suggestions? Is there some place I can reset them?
Thx, J
Old 03-24-2007, 12:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Shutdown sage, edit properties file, remove line starting:
nielm/main_menu/blocked_edits_pin_code=
Old 03-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

nielm, I've modified the main menu's presentation, made it look cooler

what do you think? any chance including this into dynamic menu stvi?
Attached Files
File Type: zip nielm_dynamic_menu.zip (46.5 KB, 295 views)
Old 03-30-2007, 02:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix35 View Post
nielm, I've modified the main menu's presentation, made it look cooler

what do you think? any chance including this into dynamic menu stvi?
Took me a bit to figure this out. Looks to be an stvi for SageMC? Will it import over existing?

B
Old 03-30-2007, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Nielm,

In SageMC we're able to construct a view of video folders which can exclude a directory(ies) from being displayed. I noted the http://www.sage-community.org/index....i/MenuItemLets site, but I didn't find what I was looking for there for the default STV.

I am using:

Code:
    <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" screen="Video Library Folder View" title="Kids' Movies">
        <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
        <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "\\\\sagetv-server\\SageTV\\DATA1\\Videos")</evalExpression>
        <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", true)</evalExpression>
    </internalScreenMenuItem>
in SageMC, but it doesn't seem to work in default. Granted the screen name needs to be different, but the evalExpression didn't work. Is there anything similar?

B
Old 03-30-2007, 05:27 PM
SageTVaholic

no, the default STV does not support excluding Dirs
Old 03-30-2007, 07:52 PM
SageTVaholic

bummer, would it be possible to add that in as an import? If you think so, I might give it a whirl, although I am sure I would have questions.

B
Old 03-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Took me a bit to figure this out. Looks to be an stvi for SageMC? Will it import over existing?

B
well.. my stvi creating skills are quite limited.. never got the hang of it. I was just hoping nielm would pick it up.. this should replace the "Dynamic Menu" menu .

Just read through my previous post... I did seem quite rude and presumptuous. If it offended you nielm, i'm sorry Certainly you' make the call of adding/removing stuff from your stvi not me. I was just hoping you'd check out my modifications and later incorporate them if you deem them good enough .
Old 03-31-2007, 08:37 AM
SageTVaholic

I wasn't offended just have not had the time to look into it...
Old 03-31-2007, 05:44 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
Shutdown sage, edit properties file, remove line starting:
nielm/main_menu/blocked_edits_pin_code=
THanks! That did the trick.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Sage User

Dynamic Customisable Main Menu Failed to load SageMenuReader class

When I try to install Dynamic Customisable Main Menu, Sage displays this message at startup:
<Failed to load SageMenuReader class>
<Fall back to standard Sage menus>

I've tried reloading Sage (thanks GKusnick), but I still get the same result. The only other customization I've installed was the SageTV plugin for ATI Remote Wonder, and it seems to modify the ATI software, not the Sage software.

FWIW, since I installed the ATI video card, this PC now spontaneously creates new browser windows (about 1/hr). For reference, I'm on an Athlon processor, with an ATI Radeon X1650 Pro AGP 512MB video card. I installed the Catalyst software that came with it before Sage, and it seemed buggy.

Any suggestions for solving these problems?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukauk View Post
When I try to install Dynamic Customisable Main Menu, Sage displays this message at startup:
see post #250 for some troubleshooting tips
Old 04-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ignorant question ... what would be involved in getting Narflex to include this in the stock STV? I mean this just seems like such a mandatory plug-in and I don't see it running afoul of any conflicts like the commercial skipping plug-in might. Just curious.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

So I loaded 6.1 today, but I don't see the YouTube feature in online services. I tried to add it by adding a new internal screen but I don't see YouTube as one of the options there either. I'm guessing the import needs an update as the google video link doesn't work anymore either. "Unknown internal screen Google video shortcut." Both work fine in the stock stv
Old 04-06-2007, 04:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanzee View Post
So I loaded 6.1 today, but I don't see the YouTube feature in online services. I tried to add it by adding a new internal screen but I don't see YouTube as one of the options there either. I'm guessing the import needs an update as the google video link doesn't work anymore either. "Unknown internal screen Google video shortcut." Both work fine in the stock stv
Search this thread. There is a menulet code that you can paste in for You Tube.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
see post #250 for some troubleshooting tips
Thanks for the suggestions. No joy so far. I found .jar files:
nielm_sagemenureader.jar
nielm_sageutls.jar
in:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\dynamic_menu_import_6_1\JARs
and copied them into:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\JARs

Then I restarted SageTV - and got the same error.

I couldn't find instructions in the FAQ's (still a newbie) but found instructions at http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...t=sagetv_0.txt
Unfortunatley, following them did not generate a sagetv_0.txt log file when SageTV reproduced the error. If the FAQ gives different instructions, please help me find it.

FWIW, I'm starting SageTV with this command line:
"C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageTV.exe"

Please help.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:29 PM
SageTVaholic

You probably need to get the \dynamic_menu_import_6_1\JARs directory out of your SageTV directory. When you unzipped it the jars directory needed to overwrite the jars directory in SageTV and all the files in the \dynamic_menu_import_6_1\ directory needs to end up in the SageTV directory.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
You probably need to get the \dynamic_menu_import_6_1\JARs directory out of your SageTV directory. When you unzipped it the jars directory needed to overwrite the jars directory in SageTV and all the files in the \dynamic_menu_import_6_1\ directory needs to end up in the SageTV directory.
Thanks Gerry, that was the key. I decided not to replace any existing SageTV files, and simply moved all of the files out of the
C:\Program Files\SageTV\dynamic_menu_import_6_1\
folder into the corresponding respective
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\
folders. Then I deleted
C:\Program Files\SageTV\dynamic_menu_import_6_1\
and its folders. Now it seems to be working as advertised.

Come to think of it, the installation instructions for this (from the wiki) were vague:
"... unpack the contents into your SageTV directory ( normally C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV) taking care that the file paths are preserved."
It makes sense now, but at the time I made sure the file paths from the zip file were preserved, rather than putting their contents into the respective SageTV folders. If you're listening, neilm, a little more detail in the instructions could clarify this for future fools like me.

Thanks ... now onto DVD burning!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Nielm,

Edit.... Duh I guess that happens cause I am putting Sage to sleep.

I use your menu to run my emulator games. I created a script to create the menuItems. I have 1 question when I run an external program after I exit the program it takes me to the main menu. I would like to return to my previous menu. Is this possible? In the case below I would like to return to TestNintendo.

Below is a small Sample.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.4//EN" "http://www.sage-community.org/~nielm/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.4">
<subMenuItem title="TestNintendo">
<menu title="TestNintendo"><actionMenuItem title="720">
<actionList>
<sageCommand command="Power Off"/>
<extCommand arguments=" &quot;C:\Test\720.nes&quot; -video fullscreen bpp : 32 -video fullscreen width : 1024 -video fullscreen height : 768 -preferences fullscreen on start : yes -view size fullscreen : stretched" command="C:\Games\Nestopia\nestopia.exe" waitforexit="1" window="normal"/>
<sageCommand command="Power On"/>
</actionList>
</actionMenuItem>
<!-- -->
</menu>
</subMenuItem>
</sageMenu>

Last edited by nyplayer; 04-10-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Talking Need help moving Main Menu items

Hi,
I am trying to move 2 items from Main Menu (Schedule Recordings and Online Services) since I don't use them too much and would like them in the Media Center menu (or just on another page, don't really care). When I go to Media Center and right click and add New Internal Screen or New Submenu it puts it in ok but when I click on it nothing happens. I was successful adding Upcoming Recordings to the Main Menu--it works just fine. Is there a way I can put the 2 menu items on another menu page?

Thanks, Randy

HD-200 extender, 37 in. lcd tv (HDMI)