SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Sage Icon

Easier to just copy the menu item and paste it to the new menu, then once it's there delete it from the original menu. It's what I do anyway!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 04-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
Easier to just copy the menu item and paste it to the new menu, then once it's there delete it from the original menu. It's what I do anyway!
Thanks for the reply--is pasting it any different than when I type it in? When I type it in and then click on it nothing happens. (Except for the one I put on the Main Menu (Upcoming Recordings)---that one works.)

HD-200 extender, 37 in. lcd tv (HDMI)
Old 04-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Sage Icon

Google and YouTube no longer work

I can't get it to work with the latest version of Sage 6.1 and the latest version of the Dynamic Menu. I'm quite sure I have correctly installed it.

I have them in a separate menu and Google asks me for a parental code and YouTube gives me the following:

Error: Unknown Internal Screen
"YouTube Video SHORTCUT"

Everything else in the menu works just fine including the RSS News Feed option.

Here's the submenu part of my menu code:

Code:
      <subMenuItem
        title="Google Video and Editorials">
        <menu title="Google Video, News and Editorials">

<internalScreenMenuItem 
                screen="Google Video SHORTCUT"
                title="Google Video">
		    <evalExpression> </evalExpression>
          </internalScreenMenuItem>

<internalScreenMenuItem 
                screen="YouTube Video SHORTCUT"
                title="YouTube Video">

<internalScreenMenuItem 
		   screen="Rss News Feeds -- nielm" 
	 	   title="Rss News Feeds">

<internalScreenMenuItem
                screen="Highlighted TV Shows"
                title="TV Show Editorials">

<actionMenuItem icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_back.png" title="Back to Main Menu">
              <actionList>
              <sageCommand command="Left"/>
              </actionList>
          </actionMenuItem>

</menu>
      </subMenuItem>
Old 04-21-2007, 01:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961 View Post
I have them in a separate menu and Google asks me for a parental code and YouTube gives me the following:
"YouTube Video SHORTCUT"
Either
  • load the default 6.1 xml file
  • copy the youtube/google vid items from there
  • load your menu.xml
  • paste them
or copy paste the menuitemlets from post 256 of this thread.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:14 AM
Sage Expert

There seems to be a lot of hacks to correct the old default menu for the recently released version of Sage.

Is there a new default menu that includes these features?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 04-21-2007, 04:21 AM
SageTVaholic

uh, yes, I mentioned it in the above post: default_menu_v6_1.xml
it is included with dynamic menus v6.1, and is also available on the dynamic menus webpage (troubleshooting section)

(all the 'hacks' are the same: new menu items for the new youtube and changed google vids features. Its just that different people are asking for them.)

Last edited by nielm; 04-21-2007 at 04:26 AM.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Sage Icon

I could not get it to work even with the default 6.1 menu; I got the same errors.

Mike
Old 04-22-2007, 12:50 AM
SageTVaholic

if you are still getting:
"YouTube Video SHORTCUT"

then you have not copied the correct menu itemlets

if you are getting
"Online Video SHORTCUT"

then you have not imported the dynamic menus v6.1 STVI that is required for this shortcut.

Last edited by nielm; 04-22-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Sage Icon

That worked. Thanks again for your help and a great add on.

Mike
Old 05-26-2007, 09:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey Nielm,

Minor feature request. I'm not sure if its possible, but could you make it so that if a menu has an attribute "MenuDispalyName", add internal screen offers that string as the default name when you try and add it? (Or is there already some way to do that?)

-Scott

Edit: Now that I think about it, an easier way would be to just blindly read a property like "dynamicMenuNames/InternalScreenName" and if it has a value then use it, otherwise nothing happens. That way the STVi dev would have an option to set that when they load their plug-in and it would be minimal extra work for your plug-in.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 05-26-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Minor feature request. I'm not sure if its possible, but could you make it so that if a menu has an attribute "MenuDispalyName", add internal screen offers that string as the default name when you try and add it? (Or is there already some way to do that?)

Edit: Now that I think about it, an easier way would be to just blindly read a property like "dynamicMenuNames/InternalScreenName" and if it has a value then use it, otherwise nothing happens. That way the STVi dev would have an option to set that when they load their plug-in and it would be minimal extra work for your plug-in.
It's technically possible to read an attribute's value... it would probably be preferable than reading a property file value (to avoid properties file bloat) I may add something like that in the next version (no idea when it will be released tho!).

However the easiest way for an STVI dev to make it easy to add a dynamic menu item, is to publish a MenuItemLet (pasteable menu item) for people to copy/paste...
Old 05-28-2007, 05:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Speaking of menuitemlets.. Is it possible to make one for DVDs based on genere? I looked at the wiki the other day but I did not see it there. I don't know what the available filter strings are or where to find them.

TIA

B
Old 06-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Sage Icon

neil,

Do you happen to remember how to enter the command in you dynamic menus to make girder 3.x execute a command?

I used to use it to be able to execute a macro in Girder to use the External DVD player (switch TV input, Amp input, etc). Last year I stopped using it and have lost the code.

I want to hook up my PS3 to watch Blu-ray movies and I can't find the darn parameters for sendmessage.

The Girder macro I want to execute is "WatchDVD"

So how do I use your dynamic menu to make Girder execute this macro when the "Playstation 3" Menu is pressed?

Thanks for the help!

Stacy
Old 06-04-2007, 03:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell View Post
The Girder macro I want to execute is "WatchDVD"
execute:
C:\Program Files\girder32\event.exe -silent WatchDVD
Old 06-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks, Niel
Old 06-15-2007, 12:37 AM
Sage Icon

What about from an MVP?

Say something more like (I have no knowledge of girder CLI)

C:\Program Files\girder32\event.exe -silent X10 event A1 on

or heck really just

C:\x10comm.EXE a1 on

I mean really girder should be able to do everything I can with EventGhost, this works perfectly on the server's full client.

I know you can't run windows apps on the MVP but having the server do some backend tasks could be really cool.

Basically I just build dynamic menus for each MVP client, went and loaded them and nada. Looks cool, just server seems to ignore it.

Works awesome on the server though!
Old 06-19-2007, 03:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
What about from an MVP?
Everything started 'from' an MVP will be started from the server/service, inheriting the user/privs of the service.

If you get problems, then I suspect you are running in service mode, which means that girder's event.exe cannot run properly... You may have more luck if you enable interact with desktop for the sage service in Windows' service manager...
Old 06-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Sage Icon

No luck.

Yet.

I noticed from some of the older posts, you don't have an MVP?

If you did would you use it?
Old 06-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
Everything started 'from' an MVP will be started from the server/service, inheriting the user/privs of the service.

If you get problems, then I suspect you are running in service mode, which means that girder's event.exe cannot run properly... You may have more luck if you enable interact with desktop for the sage service in Windows' service manager...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
No luck.
When running the service as LocalSystem you don't get a windows environment that's particularly useful.

To get anything like this working, I've always needed to run the SageTV service using the same user that I use to log on to windows with.

John
Old 06-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Sage Icon

John,

Excellent point, I tried that right after tring Niel's first suggestion. Still no luck.

I was thinking there may be something in SageTV specifically prohibiting MVPs from even tring to launch an outside application. It seems the request is disregaurded somewhere, I get no errors, no troubles tring.

This works perfectly on the server's client. I realize the path is valid for the server's client, both ways. Is it possible the service looks at the local filesystem differently? I did not try to use a relative path, is this possible?

It might be interesting to see if a placeshifter client with EventGhost installed, see if it tries to run the command locally.