SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-09-2006, 02:42 AM
Sage Icon

Nielm, any chance of an update to this stvi to implement recent changes in UI(like no border lines)?
Old 03-09-2006, 04:54 AM
SageTVaholic

it's on the to-do list: I would rather not fix 'cosmetic' bugs during a beta, as it tends to be a moving target!
Old 03-09-2006, 06:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas
Nielm, any chance of an update to this stvi to implement recent changes in UI(like no border lines)?
Oh, yes I'd love to have an option on Dynamic Menus to put BACK the lines on the screen. I liked them :-)

By the way, Neil, I hope your holiday was nice. Welcome back.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
it's on the to-do list: I would rather not fix 'cosmetic' bugs during a beta, as it tends to be a moving target!
Thanks!
Old 03-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas
Yes, I would like to see that too (with no lines) when it gets to release version
Old 03-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Sage Icon

I would also like to see it treat the Online Services Menu properly. Right now it removes that menu and moves Weather up one level.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
I would also like to see it treat the Online Services Menu properly. Right now it removes that menu and moves Weather up one level.
You know you can edit the menus
You can re-add a new Online Services menu, and can copy/delete/paste the weather menu in I just didn't see the point of having a submenu with only 1 item...

I havn't yet had a change to even install 4.1.9 -- I know that there are new layouts/screens/menu options

I also know that it doesn't hide the original 'online services' menu, so that when you go back from the weather, it brings up the original online services menu...

Its all on the todo list
Old 03-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
You know you can edit the menus
You can re-add a new Online Services menu, and can copy/delete/paste the weather menu in I just didn't see the point of having a submenu with only 1 item...
Well when you add IMDB and Netflix and RSS plug-ins its no longer one item. What sleonard might mean by "properly" is that you can not dynamically add items to the "online services" menu. Or at least I couldn't get it to work. You can add back in the Online Services menu, but once you navigate into it, the Dynamic Menu stops working.

Which brings up my question. Is IMDB dependant on your dynamic menu to import correctly? I didn't want to set up your dynamic menus because I prefer the "with out lines" look. I imported IMDB without your dynamic menus but I can't get it to work. I tried to add a button for it manually to the online services menu through studio but it says it can't find the imdb java class. I checked and it does exist in the same place it always has.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:54 AM
SageTVaholic

create your own 'online services' submenu in the dynamic menus, instead of linking to the original one.

IMDB doesnt depend on dynamic menus... check that both imdb and sageutils jar files are in the JARs directory.

Regarding 'without lines': search for MenuBorder in the Studio and delete the ones that appear in 'Dynamic Main Menu by nielm'
Old 03-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
create your own 'online services' submenu in the dynamic menus, instead of linking to the original one.

IMDB doesnt depend on dynamic menus... check that both imdb and sageutils jar files are in the JARs directory.

Regarding 'without lines': search for MenuBorder in the Studio and delete the ones that appear in 'Dynamic Main Menu by nielm'

Thanks nielm! You da man! That took care of the lines and if you also remove the item "MenuFill" that is with it, it will look just like the new STV/XML interface. Thanks for all your hard work.

I'll post this in the right place as well but is the IMDB plugin having problems with the "Filmography" section? Most of it works but the GUI will not ever select Filmography and nothing shows up for that. I have installed each of the updates in order thru 3.6. Everything works except that. Take care!

John
Old 03-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Nielm, I just took some time to discover DCMM: It's great!!!! Thanks!
Just one question: how do I do to localize it (translate to French!)

Thanks

Ferdinand
Old 03-25-2006, 10:35 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlabrue
Thanks nielm! You da man! That took care of the lines and if you also remove the item "MenuFill" that is with it, it will look just like the new STV/XML interface. Thanks for all your hard work.

I'll post this in the right place as well but is the IMDB plugin having problems with the "Filmography" section? Most of it works but the GUI will not ever select Filmography and nothing shows up for that. I have installed each of the updates in order thru 3.6. Everything works except that. Take care!

John
I'm having the same problem with Filmography not showing up as well. I thought it had something to do with the fact that I was combining a million different things into Maldude's STV.

Glad to hear it's not just me....have you resolved your issue yet, John?
Old 03-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bash1979
I'm having the same problem with Filmography not showing up as well. I thought it had something to do with the fact that I was combining a million different things into Maldude's STV.

Glad to hear it's not just me....have you resolved your issue yet, John?

No I haven't. I think it will require some work on nielm's end to tweak the parsing of the IMDB website. I'm sure he is busy with all the other plug-ins he supports so I will just live with it until he has time. It is a really cool plug in when it is working. I use it almost daily to find out "who was that?" in a show. There is a theater listing plugin being developed. It would be really cool if they could tie that in with nielm's plugin.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlabrue
No I haven't. I think it will require some work on nielm's end to tweak the parsing of the IMDB website. I'm sure he is busy with all the other plug-ins he supports so I will just live with it until he has time. It is a really cool plug in when it is working. I use it almost daily to find out "who was that?" in a show. There is a theater listing plugin being developed. It would be really cool if they could tie that in with nielm's plugin.

Well, I must apologize to nielm on the IMDB plugin. I feel like a retard but here goes. The IMDB plug in works fine. I SWEAR I had deleted the net/plugins data that is mentioned in the install process at one time. However, I retraced my steps and there it was with the IMDB data and all. I deleted the folders and everything started working immediately. What a doofus. Don't know what I did to get that folder back but I was my own worst enemy. No heed for nielm to do anything, I just need to look a little closer at my own steps.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Thanks nielm! Easy enough even for me to do! I'm just finding time to work on customizing this product it looks like your work will save me many, many hours of effort. I really appreciate it.

Would you or someone else know what the borders are called on the screens that Sage hasn't changed yet? I'd delete them too!

MBrew
Old 04-22-2006, 12:49 AM
Sage User

First off, thanks for this import. I'm really liking it. It took me awhile to figure out why the menu icons weren't working though. It appears the download listed unzips the icons to the wrong folder. I had to create the correct folder and paste the icons into it. Not a big deal but worth a mention.

One question though, why isn't there a menu icon for "Watch Live TV"? Is it possible to add one?

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2006, 03:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulinigo
One question though, why isn't there a menu icon for "Watch Live TV"?
I have not been keeping up the default menu defs with the 4.1 STV
To add it,

Edit this menu page / Add menu item / SageCommand / 62. Live TV / enter name "Watch Live TV"

Right click it and edit it to move it up/down

Save Menu def file
Old 04-22-2006, 05:35 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I have not been keeping up the default menu defs with the 4.1 STV
To add it,

Edit this menu page / Add menu item / SageCommand / 62. Live TV / enter name "Watch Live TV"

Right click it and edit it to move it up/down

Save Menu def file
The "Watch Live TV" command is already an option in the main menu... I was commenting on that it is the only option that doesn't have an icon in the lower right hand corner (like SageTV Recordings has a Film roll as an icon). It just seemed odd since all the other menu options have icons.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Duh - I don't even know whats in my defaults any more

No reason that there is no icon, other than I have been too lazy to find/design one! You can always add your own by editing the XML
Old 04-25-2006, 07:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Nielm, let me take the opportunity to thank you for providing so many incredible addons to us (free of charge, no less!). I don't think I would even be using SageTV any more if it was not for some of your plugins over the years.

Okay, so v5.01 is official, how about an update! Thanks!