SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:44 AM
Sage Icon

Niel,

this is way cool!

It opens up a world of customisation possibilities.....
Old 10-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

v5.1 6/Oct/2006 for sageTV 5.0/6.0

From the wiki:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Download the STV and Java zip file, and unpack the contents into your SageTV directory ( normally C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV) taking care that the file paths are preserved.
This will create SageMenu.dtd, !STVs/SageTV3/dynamic_menu_import.stvi, default_menu_v*.xml and JARs/nielm_sagemenureader.jar
Short version is, I'm having problems. It doesn't seem to even import it at all, and I think that's the problem.
- Downloaded the dynamic_menu_import_5_1.zip file and extracted preserving directory structure. Verified each file integrity and location
- Installed SageTV3.xml and imported w/ my standard flachbar imports.
- After no results, installed SageTV3.xml and imported dynamic_menu_import.stvi only

No difference. Right click doesn't bring up the menu I had with the previous version. ESC doesn't bring up any options for the menu. It simply seems not to have imported.

Only thing I can think of is that there is some file from a previous version that needs to be changed / removed. Ideas? Stuck on this and figured I'd ask for help.

As always, thanks in advance again for your help!
Old 10-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Sage Expert

It sounds like this is working for everyone -- except me . (and the person who posted while I was composing this!)
I load the stvi and nothing changes.
I have been using 3.4 for a while now and like it.

Here's what I did (what did I do wrong?):
Copied sagetv3.xml -> sagetv3-0.xml
Deleted all of my old sagetv3-n.xml
Launched sage and told it to use sagetv3-0.xmls
Exited sage and unzipped the new dynamic_menu_import.zip over sagetv
(Since I had dynamic menus running, I didn't need any of the other zips).
Loaded sage and told it to import the dynamic menu stvi
Exited and reenterd sage -- and nothing?
If I right click I get "Video Menu Options" instead of the dynamic menu configure screen.
The Upcoming Recordings is not there at the bottom?
I doesn't seem to have loaded?
(Thank goodness for my backup )

Thanks for any help.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 10-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hmmm. I'm having problems too. I reverted back to the SageTV3.xml, stopped SageTV completely, copied the files from the downloaded .zip, restarted SageTV, imported the new dynamic menu plugin, and I now consistently get the following error message stating that it failed to load the XML menu file. The specific error is:

Code:
Errors:
Invalid top level node version: 1.3
when parsing C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\default_menu_v6.xml
I am able to use the "Fall back to standard Sage menus" to gain default functionality.

Any suggestions?

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Nielm,

I notice that when I use the sage tv version 6 default menu. If i go into media then photos it takes me to the Music folder.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
Nielm,

I notice that when I use the sage tv version 6 default menu. If i go into media then photos it takes me to the Music folder.
You may have already fixed "default_menu_V6_0.xml" but if you haven't then open it up in notepad and look for 'title="Photos"' then replace the 'screen="Browser - Music">' with 'screen="Browser - Photos">' line 2 below the 'title="Photos"' line. Or just delete the existing Photos menu item from within the dynamic menu system and add the internal screen "Browser - Photos" back in.

BobP.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarr
Hmmm. I'm having problems too. I reverted back to the SageTV3.xml, stopped SageTV completely, copied the files from the downloaded .zip, restarted SageTV, imported the new dynamic menu plugin, and I now consistently get the following error message stating that it failed to load the XML menu file. The specific error is:

Code:
Errors:
Invalid top level node version: 1.3
when parsing C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\default_menu_v6.xml
I am able to use the "Fall back to standard Sage menus" to gain default functionality.
This one is likely because the nielm_sagemenureader.JAR file did not get updated or did not get put in the JARs directory, so you are still using the old JAR which does not know how to cope with V1.3 xml...
Old 10-06-2006, 05:22 PM
SageTVaholic

ToonGal and davidk21770 : Which sage version are you using: it is possible that XML saved by SageTV6 is incompatible with earlier versions, and there may be a line in the logging (if you have it enabled) indicating where the problem might be... (but this should be fixable)

nyplayer -- oops! Thanks for the fix, Bob
Old 10-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
ToonGal: Which sage version are you using:
Here's the current config info:

O/S - w2k
SageTV - v5.0.4.92
Java - 1.5.0_06
STV - SageTV3.xml based (w/ imports)

I'm betting you are 100% right that it is v5 related and v6 XML is incompatible... Did replace all the current .jar files and all, so that's not it.

Thanks Nielm!

PS. How does one 'turn on logging' and where are the logs. Happy to do this to provide more info.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Sage Expert

SageTV V5.0.4.92
Java Version 1.5.0_09
Current STV file ... version 5.0.3.11 May 22, 2006
Win2k
comskip-edl
favorite channels

I haven't tried Sage v6 beta yet...

DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 10-06-2006, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal
I'm betting you are 100% right that it is v5 related and v6 XML is incompatible... Did replace all the current .jar files and all, so that's not it.

PS. How does one 'turn on logging' and where are the logs. Happy to do this to provide more info.
Actually, I already knew that V5 and V6 XML files are incompatible: I just thought that I had already made them compatible enough... Guess not. One incompatible line in the XML:
Code:
<AutoRepeatAction>false</AutoRepeatAction>
remove that and it should all work fine.

(V5.2 will be uploaded shortly)
Old 10-06-2006, 06:09 PM
SageTVaholic

v5.2 07/Oct/2006
  • Fixes to allow it to import on SageTV v5
  • Fixed Photo browser on v6 default menu

And one other enhancement I forgot about before:
-- When playing back music, the album art and current track should be displayed in the main menu!
Old 10-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
v5.2 07/Oct/2006
Works great, thanks. Such a quick turnaround too.

Two minor questions:
- How DOES one turn on logging / locate those logs for next time if/when necessary?
- My old menu.xml seems to be the one that worked in place. Should I reconstruct it using the new v5.xml file as a base?

Thanks again, hun!
Old 10-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
v5.2 07/Oct/2006
  • Fixed Photo browser on v6 default menu

And one other enhancement I forgot about before:
-- When playing back music, the album art and current track should be displayed in the main menu!

Neil,

I found on mine that the v6 menu.xml file had the wrong info for the internal menu for the Google Videos. When I clicked on it it was blank. I created a new item to connect to the sub menu and edited it to replace the default one and it works. Don't you love it that you already have something for 5.3
Old 10-07-2006, 03:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlabrue
I found on mine that the v6 menu.xml file had the wrong info for the internal menu for the Google Videos. When I clicked on it it was blank. I created a new item to connect to the sub menu and edited it to replace the default one and it works.
Thanks for that... I updated the default v6 menu in the zipfile instead (too lazy to make a new version!)
Old 10-07-2006, 04:05 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Actually, I already knew that V5 and V6 XML files are incompatible: I just thought that I had already made them compatible enough... Guess not. One incompatible line in the XML:
Code:
<AutoRepeatAction>false</AutoRepeatAction>
remove that and it should all work fine.

(V5.2 will be uploaded shortly)
Got it. Works! THANKS.

Synology NAS 22TB
Old 10-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Works great, thanks.
On the whole, still works, but I think there is a conflict with the dynamic menus and the standard buttons and/or some of the other imports, regarding v5.

With dynamic menus installed ONLY, I was having trouble making some of my remote controls work, such as 'Guide'. Now, Guide worked fine when watching a video, but it didn't seem to bring up Guide consistantly when I was in a menu. Loading the default .xml from scratch again, I was able to do Guide perfectly. I installed all my imports (list below) w/out the dynamic menu, and still rock solid. Adding back in the dynamic menu, and various things stopped working, like Guide from the main menu.

TV is starting up again here, so I won't be able to do more thorough testing until later, but that's what I have so far, in case there is a true problem in v5 and this info is useful.

Here's my standard imports as of today:
Quote:
# Last update: 5:08 PM 10/7/2006
#
# STVi batch importer by flachbar
# plugin.cfg for importer_0_3.stvi
#
# list the plugins you want to import
#

##### BobPhoenix STVi
EncoderNamesV0.6.stvi
FavoriteChannelListsv1.1.1.stvi
MenuShortcutBarsv0_4_0.stvi
MPTimeJumpV0.5.stvi

##### sundansx STVi
#sleep_timer_1_0.stvi

##### flachbar STVi
comskip_pb_imp_eld.stvi

##### Nielm STVi
#dynamic_menu_import.stvi
#comskip_playback_import.stvi
deletepartials_import.stvi
MultiFunctionStop_import.stvi
IntelligentSuggestions.stvi
rssnews_import.stvi
imdb_search_import.stvi

##### Salsbst STVi
#weather_report_suite_import.stvi

##### koelec STVi
#webradio_import_1_1.stvi
#mailcheck_import.stvi

##### aperry STVi
MovieTimes.stvi
Old 10-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Sage User

Unhappy

With v5.2 of the Import and Sage5 I now can get DCMM to load and the Upcoming recordings appear below along with the Video Disk space remaining but none of the Main menu items are selctable.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium
With v5.2 of the Import and Sage5 I now can get DCMM to load and the Upcoming recordings appear below along with the Video Disk space remaining but none of the Main menu items are selctable.
a couple of people have reported this on Sage v5 and v6, and I have no idea what's going on .
A few questions..

Are you running on a PC or an MVP?

Is it really none of the menu items (you have tried them all?)

Is it with mouse clicking or keyboard, or with a remote (or all 3). If keyboard/remote do you hit Select/Enter, or Right to select?
Old 10-08-2006, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
With dynamic menus installed ONLY, I was having trouble making some of my remote controls work, such as 'Guide'. Now, Guide worked fine when watching a video, but it didn't seem to bring up Guide consistantly when I was in a menu.
Damn. I see this too (I thought my remote's batteries were dying!)

Quick workaround: Open Studio. Find the menu titled: "Dynamic Main Menu by nielm", expand it.

The last few children are Listeners (loadspeaker icons). Delete Guide and all the ones below:
Code:
Guide
SageTV Recordings
Picture Library
Recording Schedule
Video Library
Music Jukebox
Custom1
Custom2
Custom3
Custom4
Custom5
I was trying to do something clever, and failed... It may be a Sage/Studio bug, or a feature, I don't know, but this is the fix.

Last edited by nielm; 10-08-2006 at 11:34 AM.