SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Sage User

Question Dish Network Standby

This problem has everything to do with Dish Network, and not SageTV. I am hoping that someone with Dish Network and SageTV has a solution.

My Dish Network appears to go into Standby mode every evening.

I have researched the problem and have found the following:

1. The 625 receiver has an option to turn it off Standby for inactivity. Does not appear to work.

2. The 625 and 322 receivers will enter standby mode when the daily update occurs at 3 am. ( Configurable to whenever I want it, disabling it will cause my program guide in Dish Network not to update).

The solution that I have tried:

1. Make a manual timer go off at 3:30 am to auto tune to a channel. The Dish Network customer help told me that this will take it out of standby. I have not had this work for me. I see that it changes the channel but it is still in Standby

Ideas that I have not tried:

Make a little program to send a IR remote command to the 322 and 625 receiver at 3:30 to go out of standby by. Ie Power or Select.

If the problem is due to inactivity (Not sure if that is the cause), send a IR command every hour or so that does nothing for a keep alive. ie. PIP, etc.

Does anyone else have a working solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance!

--Brian
Old 01-09-2006, 06:28 PM

The solution you said is only I one know of other then I don't know any other solution other then going back to older Dish receiver.