SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-08-2006, 01:02 PM

Questions about Show Analyser and Comskip

I have tried both SA and Comskip following the instructions in this forum, and have ended up with the same result, so I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. With either one of them, when I select the Sage menu option to Commercial Detect a recording, a text file is generated and placed in the folder with the video recording. From what I can tell, the text files appear to be correctly detecting the commercial spots. However, I cannot seem to get Sage to actually recognize the text file when I go to playback the video (whether the text file was created using SA or Comskip, I have this same problem). Whenever I play back a video that I have run through commercial detection, it still plays back with all of the commercials. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong, and what I can do to get Sage to recognize the text files? Thanks for your help.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pddurke
Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong, and what I can do to get Sage to recognize the text files? Thanks for your help.
Does your green progress bar while watching a recorded program show purple segments marked as commercials? If no, the you probably havn't installed the plugin for commercial advance, do so. Link This allows Sage to read the txt file and skip the commercials. If you do see the purple segments, you may just need to enable the feature. right click on a playing video and there should be an option to enable/disable commercial skipping.

You might also want to look into mapping buttons on your remote to the custom4 and custom5 commands, these are used by the plug in to jump directly to and from the segement marks.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanzee
Does your green progress bar while watching a recorded program show purple segments marked as commercials?
I don't know about other STVs, but I think the Stvi import marks the progress bar as dark green now.

Either way it should be obvious if it's marked or not. If it's not and you've already installed the comskip plugin Humanzee mentioned the next thing that comes to mind is whether or not you're using a server/client setup.

If the recordings are located on another computer you'll need to either map the drives or setup UNC paths for the client in order to get comskip working.