SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Arrow STV Import: Simple Web Radio V1.2

Version 1.x of the simple web radio plugin STVi provides better playback control and additional artist information.
This plugin supports the following streaming formats:
- shoutcast
- icecast

If you want support for other stream formats like wma (including Sirius, XMRadio, LastFM), take a look at my new plugin SlimPlayer here http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=20296

You can find thousands of free streams from all around the world in genres such as music, news, comedy, etc via these links:
www.shoutcast.com
http://dir.xiph.org/index.php
www.di.fm
In general streams listed with the WinAMP logo work with this plugin.

Screenshots

New features v1.x
  • direct menu access by remote
  • handling of sleep events (v1.1)
  • handling of video_on_menus/background (v1.1)
  • Addional Now playing screen shows artist info including picture and biography from allmusic.com
  • full playback control by remote, keyboard or mouse
  • play command starts playback of last selected station
  • webradio playback will automatically stop the sage media player music/video playback
  • Sage Media player playback will stop web radio playback (v1.1)
  • reentering the WebRadio menu will reload the station list (change stationlist.txt without restarting sage TV)

The plugin supports playback control by remote for the following commands:
volume up, volume down, mute, SKIP FW#2, SKIP BCK#2, play and stop.
You can have direct access to the web radio menu from your remote if you map a button to the custom2 Sage command in Detailed Setup>Commands> link Infrared/keystroke to Sage TV command.
This way you don't have to turn on the tv set to start listening to the radio. From anywhere in the Sage TV menu tree, pressing the mapped button and then the play button will start playback of the the last playing station.

Known Issues
  • This plugin does not work with neither placeshifter or MVP.
  • Multiple version of the apache commons httpclient jar file in the JARS folder of the Sage TV install dir can prevent the artist retrieval function from proper working. In that case make sure that only the commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar remains. This might cause that another plugin stops working. In my case I had imported an old version of the weather report plugin. But, since it is now natively supported by Sage TV I could safely remove the old commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar file.
  • When X icon clicked or ALT-F4 and SageTV is configured to go to sleep, will not stop web radio playback. Currently SageTV doesn't forward this event to stv code.

Configuration
You can add new stations by editing the stationlist.txt file located in the sagetv instal dir. Each line defines one station and consists of the display name of the station and the url of the shoutcast stream separated by a comma.
What I normally do is go to the shoutcast website (www.shoutcast.com) choose a station from the list, right-click on the tune-in button and choose save-as to store the file locally on e.g. the desktop. Then I open up the .pls file with notepad and copy the url part from a line that reads something like:
File1=http://64.236.34.97:80/stream/1006 and put this text starting from 'http:' together with the stationname in the stationlist.txt file. After reentering the Web Radio menu you should be able to select the new station and listen to it.

If stream is sometimes interrupted then try increasing the buffer size by creating a webradio.properties file with following line:
buffer=64000

and put this properties file in the same folder where the stationlist.txt resides.
The buffer size default value (if you don't set the buffer property) is 16000.
You have to restart Sage for the new setting to become effective.

Installation
  • download zip file from this location:http://forums.sage.tv/forums/downloa...?do=file&id=87
  • extract the zip file in the root folder of your sageTV installation
  • import the webradio_import_1_1.stvi in the detailed setup screen to install the plugin and have a menu item being added to the Online Services menu.
    If you use Nielm's Dynamic Menu plugin you simply create a menu item and link it to the internal screen named "WebRadio by koelec".
    When you access the Web Radio menu screen for the first time the plugin will create an initial stationlist.txt file with some example stations if it can not find a stationlist.txt file in the root folder of the SageTV installation forder, ie normally SageTV/SageTV.

History
v 0.1 - 06-09-2006
first version

v 1.0 - 18-09-2006
new features:
  • remember last playing station
  • direct menu access
  • reload stationlist.txt at menu entry
  • new Now Playing screen with artist info
fixed bugs:
  • playback control
  • inconsistent menu behaviour
  • does not stop when Sage TV goes to sleep
  • double Web Radio menu item in Online Services Menu
v1.1 - 28-06-2006
new features:
  • stop playback when media player starts video/music
  • right key when in station list navigates to Now playing menu
  • message displayed in now playing area when webradio.jar not found or wrong version
fixed bugs:
  • handling video_on_menus changes
  • handling power off events
  • remap next/previous station to SKIP FF#2/SKIPBW #2
  • fixed artist picture resizing and centration
  • reimporting stvi bugs

v1.2 - 14-04-2007
fixed bugs:
  • not working artist info + bio
  • updated default station urls
  • added ability to set the buffer size in webradio.properties file

Thanks for all your positive feedback,

Enjoy!!

Last edited by koelec; 04-15-2007 at 07:00 AM. Reason: new version available
Old 06-09-2006, 05:44 AM
Sage Expert

?

If not you may have to modify the stv file manually to create a menu item linking to the WebRadio screen.

ok ...but how i will make this?
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 06-09-2006, 08:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBU
If not you may have to modify the stv file manually to create a menu item linking to the WebRadio screen.

ok ...but how i will make this?
You will need some skills to modify the stv you're using.
If you press shift-ctrl-F12 you launch up STV studio. You can create a menu item linking to the WebRadio widget on any of the menus.
If you like I can create an addional STVi for installation on the original V5 STV and add that one to the plugin distribution zip file. When you import this stvi it will then also create a menu item on one of the menu's.

On which menu do you want the Web Radio menu item to appear?
Old 06-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Sage Expert

media center -> online services i think this is a great place for online radio
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
Old 06-09-2006, 10:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesnt the only available directshow shoutcast filter publicly available "Gabest SHOUTcast Source Filter - 1.0.0.1" not work correctly? Last I heard it had to be completely re-written. It currently has no buffer control; which means, streamed music skips or gets stuck pretty easily.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-09-2006, 10:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesnt the only available directshow shoutcast filter publicly available "Gabest SHOUTcast Source Filter - 1.0.0.1" not work correctly? Last I heard it had to be completely re-written. It currently has no buffer control; which means, streamed music skips or gets stuck pretty easily.
I don't know about this. This plugin uses the open source library JLGUI and it works without glitches or skipping.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation

Okay, I installed it and it WORKS! Thank you!! However, could you please add a SageTV STOP command before starting to stream? Currently, the web radio will stream audio regardless if there's TV in the background or not. The result is webradio and LiveTV (in background) at the same time! You can easily test this by enabling the following SageTV options:

Video Menu Option:

- Display Video on Menus= Always
- Video Menu Style= Background

Hopefully, this will only take a couple of minutes to add. If you don't want to add this to the STVi, could you please explain how to manually do this in Studio?

Thanks a million!
-Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBU
media center -> online services i think this is a great place for online radio
I've created another STVi file which can be used with the original STV and adds a Web Radio menu item to the Online Services Menu.
See attachment. Later I will add this to the distribution zip file on the download page.

note You need to install the complete zip contents to get working Web Radio!!

enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: stvi webradio_importstv.stvi (35.9 KB, 1109 views)
Old 06-09-2006, 12:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Okay, I installed it and it WORKS! Thank you!! However, could you please add a SageTV STOP command before starting to stream? Currently, the web radio will stream audio regardless if there's TV in the background or not. The result is webradio and LiveTV (in background) at the same time! You can easily test this by enabling the following SageTV options:

Video Menu Option:

Hopefully, this will only take a couple of minutes to add. If you don't want to add this to the STVi, could you please explain how to manually do this in Studio?

Thanks a million!
-Michael
Good idea, thanks. Will incorporate this in next release.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Sage User

WMA streams

I would also like to play Windows Media Streams, common for commercial radio stations. See http://a553.l2004941821.c20049.g.lm....eflector:41821 for example

Any chance of adding this functionality? I already have the Windows Media plugin installed.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
What version of sagetv will this plugin work with? I am still running version 4.1.x
Old 06-10-2006, 02:19 AM
Sage User

Great job koelec! Just installed without any problems.
My Online Services menu is almost full now.

Weather
Email
Web Radio
News Feeds
IMDB Search

Only one slot to go!
Old 06-10-2006, 04:46 AM
Sage Expert

wow it works with my laptop client, but not with my mvps..
Old 06-10-2006, 05:28 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Great Addition to Sage!

Yes, you should be able to stop stream 2 ways... stop button on remote and it needs to stop automatically when you switch to TV or any other Media functions.. except Photo viewing.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 06-10-2006 at 05:39 AM.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by steingra
What version of sagetv will this plugin work with? I am still running version 4.1.x
Sucessfully tested to work with V4 and V5.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:00 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Does not work with Placeshifting.
Says:

Error: Unknown Internal Screen "WebRadio"
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 06-10-2006 at 06:25 AM.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation

Also, one more bug found... When sageTV goes into sleep mode in the Windows System Tray, the music doesn't stop!

Thanks for all your hard work!

EDIT: Actually, this isn't a bug, I could consider it an option

Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec
Good idea, thanks. Will incorporate this in next release.

Video Menu Option:

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 06-10-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to drin Send a message via AIM to drin Send a message via Yahoo to drin
Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec
I don't know about this. This plugin uses the open source library JLGUI and it works without glitches or skipping.
Durnit. I'm about three days from releasing mine, which also uses jlGUI and the JLayer library.

-drin
Old 06-10-2006, 04:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation

Drin, you guys might consider working together on making one, really nice Internet Radio plugin which supports Windows Media Streaming.

Currently, I'm VERY happy with what he has released so far. Surprisingly, it works perfectly... all except for a couple of very minor issues

- Send STOP command to SageTV (before the streaming starts)
- Send STOP to Internet Radio (when sageTV sleeps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drin
Durnit. I'm about three days from releasing mine, which also uses jlGUI and the JLayer library.

-drin

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to drin Send a message via AIM to drin Send a message via Yahoo to drin
Quote:
Drin, you guys might consider working together on making one, really nice Internet Radio plugin which supports Windows Media Streaming.
Sorry mkanet, but I have no interest in Windows Media Streaming. Java libraries to support it aren't easy to find and I have no desire to work in C++. Just my personal preference...

-drin