SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 10-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Sage User

Angry Sage TV listings not working?

For the past 2 days I have had no listings from the sage EPG site. The XMLTV portion works just fine. I am using the sage EPG for my DirectTV listings, it just lists "No Data'. I have checked my Internet connection (cable modem) and it all seems to be working fine.

1. Does sageTV have to be active (not a sleep) for the Sage EPG listings? I leave mine in sleep mode (tray icon) most of the time.

2. Is there any way of forcing the listing retrieval?
Old 10-04-2003, 07:01 AM

try force an update by removing one channel from the channel list see that help.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:47 AM
Sage User

Nope. Instead of deleting one, I added five. It didn't do a thing. Funny part is System Info says it performed the download at 4:00 this morning. Other odd thing is that it says the next one is in zero minutes.

I sure wouldn't like to see this in November when I can stop using XMLTV.

Just a thought...

It wouldn't have anything to do with the "TRIAL" that you enter when setting up the guides? I am sure I entered it for both the Sage and the XMLTV guides. It just seems funny that it seemed to stop about 2 weeks after the last install. Of course the XMLTV should have stopped as well if that were the case.

Last edited by jkaisre; 10-04-2003 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:23 AM
Sage User

Well I Deleted my Temporary Internet FIles and restarted SageTV. It did manage to force an EPG Update according to the System information page. Unfortunately that may only mean that it read in the XMLTV listings as the DirectTV listings are still not there!

System Info says the next reload is in 23 hours + minutes. Atleast it isn't zero like before.

I guess the next step is reinstall SageTV. Yuck! This will make 6 times in just over two weeks!
Old 10-04-2003, 10:01 AM
Sage User

Reinstalling (twice!) did the trick. The first time, it didn't show the DirectTV as an option and it did not go out to the internet to get the sage options based on my zipcode.

I just hope that I will not have to be doing this again in 2 weeks!
Old 10-04-2003, 05:25 PM
Sage

SageTV doesn't support using XMLTV at the same time as SageTV Service.

So any success you have with it will be mostly accidental and probably difficult to reproduce. Sorry to break the news to you.