SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-06-2006, 05:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Arrow STV IMPORT: Default Record Padding (2006-Jul-06)

This plugin is obsolete in 6.3.10 - the defautl STV contains settings for default manual record anf favorite padding, as well as all the other fave options.

This customisation allows you to specify a default padding to be added to all new manual records, or newly added favourites.

This means that if your channels do not keep to their timeslots very well, you don't have to worry about adding padding for every single new recording. This will be the case whether the manual recording is triggered by pressing Record while watching TV, by going through the schedule, or by resolving a conflict

The default padding can be configured in ''Detailed Setup->Customize'' as seen below:

See the Wiki page for download/install instructions

History
6-Jul-2006 v2.1] for SageTV5
  • fixed padding new favorites when added from Show detailed info popup

24-Jul-2005 v1.3 for SageTV4

26-Oct-2004 v1.2 for SageTV2.1

Last edited by nielm; 03-26-2008 at 05:06 AM.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Sweet

I dont suppose there is any way to go back and set a default padding for existing favorites? I mean, other than manually.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just wanted to say thanks. I am surprised that there haven't been many posts on this to at least say thanks. It is easy to set up and configure. It seems so obvious that I wonder why it isn't just a built in feature of SageTV. Great work.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Does this work as a "smart" default padding??

For instance if one show is scheduled to end at 8pm and another to start at 8pm?? What wil happen?? Will it end the first show on time and start the second on time??

Or will this cause a conflict and cancel one of the recording based on priority?
Old 01-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12
For instance if one show is scheduled to end at 8pm and another to start at 8pm?? What wil happen?? Will it end the first show on time and start the second on time??

Or will this cause a conflict and cancel one of the recording based on priority?
Unfortunately a conflict is caused, at least if both recordings are on different channels.
I would love a new version where the first recording would end in time and ignore the middle paddings. But nielm would have to answer if this is even possible...

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

@nielm: Just in case you are reading this, would it be possible? Unfortunately I don't speak enough "Studio" to look into it...

Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
Old 01-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Sage Icon

doesn't a setting in Sage take care of this? Something like: remove padding on back to back favorites?

Clients: HD300 x2; HD200 x2; Placeshifter

Service: EPB Fiber (1Gb); OTA (we "cut the cord"); Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda
doesn't a setting in Sage take care of this? Something like: remove padding on back to back favorites?
Only if they are on the same channel...

Dirk
Old 01-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Only if they are on the same channel...

Dirk
Doesn't work for me, even if the shows are on the same channel. At least not for manual recordings:

1. select first show to record, default padding is created.
2. select second show which begins when first show ends.

Point 2 results in an error message, that there is a conflict. I have to manually change the end padding of show 1 to zero, then I can select show 2. Its beginning padding is set automatically to zero.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky
Doesn't work for me, even if the shows are on the same channel. At least not for manual recordings:
Hi Oliver,

I never tried it with manual recordings...
My point was simply that the mentioned property setting definitely does not apply to recordings on different channels.

Dirk
Old 01-16-2007, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky
Unfortunately a conflict is caused, at least if both recordings are on different channels.
I would love a new version where the first recording would end in time and ignore the middle paddings. But nielm would have to answer if this is even possible...
It's possible, but it is tricky.

This plugin simply automates the process of setting start and end padding that you would normally do manually, so all conflict popups that would pop up when you do this manually will pop up.

There is no simple API in sage to ask 'hey, if I add this padding will it conflict?', nor is there a way to catch and handle a popup before it pops up. It is possible to write code that manually searches, and finds possible conflicts, but it is complicated (as it has to handle multiple tuner and multiple lineup issues). The code exists in a different form in my webserver (which cannot trigger or handle popups so has the same problem) -- I will have to see if it is convertable to studio.

Short answer: yes it is technically possible, maybe it will appear at some point...
Old 01-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

would you consider adding in an option to change default for all recording options

ie: keep until I delete, record on initially selected channel, first runs only...etc
Old 06-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have a problem.

I have configured a default padding of 5 minutes before and after the show.
Padding works fine with manual recordings in EPG.

But... when I do a manual recording with the webserver, I have no padding, the show starts and ends in time.

I did a fresh install of sage some weeks ago, before that it worked fine even with the webserver.

Any ideas what this could cause?

Thanks,
Oliver

Old 06-19-2007, 03:31 AM
SageTVaholic

default padding has never worked with the webserver, and it has to be a two-step process (its too difficult to catch padding conflicts)
Old 06-19-2007, 03:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm View Post
default padding has never worked with the webserver, and it has to be a two-step process (its too difficult to catch padding conflicts)
I am very sure that whenever I created a manual recording and clicked on recording options I had a 5/5 minute padding (start 5 minutes earlier/ 5 minutes later) in webserver.

How could I have achived that and how could I get it back?

Oliver

Old 11-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Nielm,

Thanks for this customization, I just installed it into Sage 6.2.10 and configured my default padding over in Setup.

I see someone else asked my question earlier in this thread, but I do not see an answer... Is there a way to mass-change or otherwise get all my exiting favorites and manually scheduled recordings to use the new default padding?

I have quite a few and am just looking for a lazy way to get them to change to the new values without having to edit everything one at a time. I realize this customization is only intended to apply to NEW manuals and favorites, but wanted to ask if there is an easy way to retrofit.

Any info on how to do that would be appreciated, thanks and regards,
--pseudonym
Old 03-26-2008, 03:12 AM
Sage Icon

Is anyone out there using this successfully in 6.3.10 and the default STV? Was fine previously, but on the latest server version doesn't seem to work with favourites. manual recordings add the padding as expected, but favourites start and end On Time.

I'm just too lazy to adjust the times...

Anyone else seeing this?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 03-26-2008, 04:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Isn't this built into the unsupported extras now? Under Custom you can set deault paddings for favorites and manual recordings. Or does this do something extra?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:57 AM
Sage Icon

You're right, I missed that new feature...

Removed the stvi and all is working with the new features. Thanks!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 03-26-2008, 05:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Glad I could help.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.