SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Sage Fanatic

Arrow STV Import: Mount DVD ISO Images and External DVD Player Ver 0.12

Here is my first cut at mounting ISO images in sage.. And I've also included the ability to use an external DVD player.

Most of this was adapted from Cayars STV.

There are a couple of manual things you have to do to make this work.

1. You need to Damon tools
2. You need to add the ISO or MSD extension to the known formats.
3. You probably need to customize the external commands to your system.

Installation instructions..
**They are different from the last version...

1. Download the latest zip file.

2. Extract it to [Sage install Dir]\SageTV\
In my case it's
C:\Program Files\SageTVServer\SageTV\

This will create the STVI file and an External Directory.
And add two jar files to the jar directory.
The External Directory is where the commands are.

3. You need to customize the Commands.
  • ImageMount.cmd - This is the command to mount the ISO DVD image.
  • ImageUnmount.cmd - This is the command to unmount the ISO DVD image.
  • DVDPlayer.cmd - This is the command for the external DVD player.
  • ISOPlayer.cmd - This is the command for the external DVD player for the ISO images..
What are they:
  • ImageMount.cmd and ImageUnmount.cmd - The only thing you might need to change here is the path to damon tools
  • DVDPlayer.cmd - Right now this is setup for PowerDVD for the Z: drive. You can change this command to whatever your favorite player is. Or you may have to modify the drive letter.
  • ISOplayer.cmd - This is basically identical to the DVDPlayer command except it goes to the e: drive which is where I have my ISO's mounted to. And you can change this to which ever player you desire or possibly just change the drive letter.

4. You need to add the ISO images to the list of known media formats.. To do this you need to edit the sage.properties (While sage is completely exited, of course)
You need to edit this line:
Code:
seeker/video_library_import_filename_extensions=.mpg,.mpeg,.mp2,.mpeg2,.mpe,.avi,.divx,.mpg1,.ts,.wmv,.asf,.wm,.tivo,.m2t,.vob,.iso
You can see I added the .iso extension for my ISO images.

5. You also need to add the parser to the list of parsers.

mediafile_metadata_parser_plugins=SageISO.Parser

6. List the iso type you want the SageISO parser to parse in this property:

SageISO/parser/file_types=iso

7. Add the import library:
Now you have to go into sage and add the directory(ies) where you have all your ISO images.

Configuration: There is only one knob at this time to turn.. It's whether or not to use the external DVD player or the internal. You can find it under detailed setup/customize

Operation:

Once you go to imported videos and select watch now, then Sage will issue the command to mount the image and then it will envoke the internal player or the external player depending on which have configured.

If you hit "Play DVD" on the Media menu, it will unmount any ISO image and try to play the DVD in the DVD ROM drive.

Known limitations:

1. There is an issue with importing ISO's Some take a long time. That's why I mount the MDS file.
*** This is now fixed with the parser... You should be able to happily mount ISO images..

2. You *Might* have to have your DVD drive letter higher than the mounted DVD drive letter. If you don't it might find the DVD ROM drive first if you are trying to play an ISO.

3. You cannot delete the ISO images from Sage. You might be able to delete the MDS file.. but that's not the big one.
**** This, I think, is also fixed as long as you import the ISO's and it's not currently mounted.

4. You can only mount 1 image at a time. (in case you have more than 1 virtual DVD drive) I only have one drive and I imagine most people do as well..

Future Enhancements (in no particular order):

1. Add support to add the IMBD info into the library like in way SageMC does it. I'll probably work on that first.. And it might be a seperate plugin... (this is almost ready)

2. Enhance the parser to automatically add the best match from IMDB to add the show info..

Version Info:

V 0.12 - STVI update. Fixed a bug that disabled playing all other media.

V 0.11 - STVI is still the same.. But two jar files were added. This will implement an ISO parser to get around the long import time of some ISOs. You should be able to import ISO's without the long delay.
Also a big shout out to GKusnick for letting me adapt his WMP Parser

V 0.10 - Intial verision.

Please let me know if you find any issues... Post any comments/suggustions here. I don't promise support or any of the future enhancements...and, like always, the wife can pull me from this at any time!

Have fun,

Jim

Have fun
Attached Files
File Type: zip ISO_mount_0_11.zip (29.4 KB, 849 views)
File Type: zip ISO_mount_0_12.zip (29.4 KB, 1010 views)

Last edited by jbuszkie; 10-01-2006 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Let me be the first to congratulate and to thank you! This seems to have a lot of potential and I will try it this evening...

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Sage Expert

Any chance this will work other the MediaMVP?
Old 07-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

I have no idea since I don't have one... I'm not even quite sure what that is!! All you youngsters with your new fangled placeshifter and MVP's. I'm old school with just Sever and client!
Old 08-31-2006, 11:19 AM
Sage Fanatic

ISO importing delay resolved....

New Version Posted at the top. Same STVI but I added a new ISO parser which should fixed the long delay that some experienced when you added the ISO extension to the list of imported types. Now instead of Sage trying to parse the ISO, my parser will. So now there should be no 10 minute delay per ISO when parsing ISO's

I'll bet this will be fixed with the next Sage release... but until then.... you can try the parser.

If you've already installed this import, all you have to do is just put the JAR files in the JAR directory and change the properties file...

I'd like to thank GKusnick for letting me adapt his parser!
90% of the code is his!

Have fun..

Jim
Old 09-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

If I missed it somewhere...oops. But does this work with SageMC?
Old 09-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Sage Fanatic

My guess would be no...

The parser would work... but not the mounting of ISO's

Jim
Old 09-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Must not be holding my mouth right. I can't even get the isos visible in the imported videos.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

stupid question... but did you add the directory that the iso's are in??

Jim
Old 09-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yea, I did. I tried following your instructions. Got to be something small and stupid on my part.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Are you using the stock STV with my mod.. or SageMC?

Send me your properties file. If you can't see any ISO's in the the import library, then there's a chance you didn't
didn't add it to the properties file correctly.

Did you shutdown sage completly before you edited the properties file? If you are running in service mode you have to shut the service down first before modifing the properties file.

This is the line you need to check:

seeker/video_library_import_filename_extensions=.mpg,.mpeg,.mp2,.mpeg2,.mpe,.avi,.divx,.mpg1,.ts,.wmv,.asf,.wm,.tivo,.m2t,.vob,.iso

There is also a music_library_filename_extensions as well.. make sure you didn't change that one instead..

That's about all I can think of for now..

Jim
Old 09-01-2006, 09:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Tried everything you suggested. Attached is my properties file. Thanks for having a look.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Sage.properties.txt (26.1 KB, 984 views)
Old 09-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'm not sure if this matters but..

Maybe try removing the ISO directory from the video recording directories?..

Also.. If you put some other file in that directory, does it show up under imports?

Again are you using SageMC or regular?

Jim
Old 09-02-2006, 08:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

FWIW, deleted my properties file and re-ran and all works fine. Go figure
Old 09-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Sage Expert

Anyone know if this will work with a MediaMVP media extender? Sounds perfect for what I need...but I only use media extenders for viewing.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

MY guess would be no. Since this makes the ISO look just like a DVD. If MVPs can't play DVD's then it probably won't
play ISO's.

But I know pretty much nothing about MVP so someone else would probably know more..

Jim
Old 09-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie
MY guess would be no. Since this makes the ISO look just like a DVD. If MVPs can't play DVD's then it probably won't
play ISO's.

But I know pretty much nothing about MVP so someone else would probably know more..

Jim
Ah...I bet you are correct. If it acts like a DVD in the drive once mounted it won't work. I wonder if this code could be modified to mount an .iso and play it as .vob files via transcoding to the MVP. This works right now as long as you have the .vob files (your DVD) ripped to an import directory. I wonder if this code could mount to the same virtual drive letter everytime, autorun "refresh imported media" and then show that drive in the media player.

Anyone know if you can save video playlists? Right now if you load all the vobs into the playlist, I don't know of a way to save that as the movie name....would be sweet if could add into the dvd .iso a saved media playlist of .vobs. Then, if you mounted a DVD .iso on a clent box...it would show up as a normal DVD ... but if you mounted it from a mediaMVP extender it would show up as the saved playlist of the main movie.

I think i'll see what 5.1 has in store before starting in on this.....
Old 09-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Administrator

I can't give too many hints about v5.1, but one of the new things was already mentioned, I believe: there is full video playlist support -- you can have multiple video playlists, instead of just the one in v5.0 & earlier. And, you can use them for imported videos and/or recordings.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Sage Fanatic

New version at top..

Fixed a bug that prohibited you from viewing other recordings when you used this plugin.. I guess no one else is using this! Otherwise they would have caught it!
Oh well.. I like it!

Jim
Old 10-01-2006, 04:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie
New version at top..

Fixed a bug that prohibited you from viewing other recordings when you used this plugin.. I guess no one else is using this! Otherwise they would have caught it!
Oh well.. I like it!

Jim
I'm hoping that the next version of Sage will support DVD playback on an MVP. If it does I will be all over this plugin.