SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Top 100 New Google Videos - Link broken?

The selection for "Top 100 New Google Videos" worked for the first few days and now does not work. All the other selections work just fine. All I get when I select it is the window showing that it is downloading the list and the within about a second it shows the Top 100 screen but its all blank. Did Google change the link? If so where to change it in SageTV. I have reloaded SageTV twice for other problems but this one contiues to stick around and we all did enjoy viewing the videos.

Anyone else having this problem?

TIA
Old 10-07-2006, 11:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrrl
The selection for "Top 100 New Google Videos" worked for the first few days and now does not work. All the other selections work just fine. All I get when I select it is the window showing that it is downloading the list and the within about a second it shows the Top 100 screen but its all blank. Did Google change the link? If so where to change it in SageTV. I have reloaded SageTV twice for other problems but this one contiues to stick around and we all did enjoy viewing the videos.

TIA
Andy mentioned in a different thread that the Google feed sometimes contains illegal characters ...

Dirk
Old 10-07-2006, 11:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

It does seem to be moody for me too. Last night that same google list acted just as you described for me too... I go to improve WAF today and to my surprise, it loaded!

I guess I shouldn't have said "oh yeah honey, some of these menus aren't loading for some reason" because sage showed me!

now if the audio could be "sync'd" up a bit better on a lot of these google videos... probably the files themselves and not a google or sagetv issue.

for example load the "over the hedge" movie trailer, this one is the worst "audio-sync" wise for me.
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 10-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, so how do we fix this?
Old 10-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrrl

TIA
Got identical problem, it worked initially, now it's just blank.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:04 AM
Sage User

Blank Google Top 100

Same for me worked for fist day or 2 then went blank and has remained so ever since, do we have to wait for the item with the illegal string to go out of the top 100 ??
Old 10-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Andy mentioned in a different thread that the Google feed sometimes contains illegal characters ...

Dirk
But would that not also than create a problem for the other Google Video menu options (they 'should' occasionally than also contain illegal characters) ...?
Old 10-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis
But would that not also than create a problem for the other Google Video menu options (they 'should' occasionally than also contain illegal characters) ...?
Yes, that has happened to me in the past. If SageTV finds a solution, it will be added.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:22 PM

Mine work just fine maybe it Google server problom or it was off line at the time.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:41 AM
Sage User

Back Again

Like Magic my top 100 reappeared last night after not working for a week !! No idea what changed
Old 10-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Universal magic it is, it came back here too.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:08 PM
SageTVaholic

I just hope they took the naked people off the list. Don't need any underage (or over for that matter) seeing it.

B