SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

nVidia DualTV Support in V6?

Some time ago I saw something mentioning that Frey was working with nVidia to support their DualTV card properly in Sage. There are two current problems: first, that (due to the nVidia drivers) you can't run more than one card in Sage concurrently. The other issue is that the brightness/contrast etc. controls aren't exposed and thus Sage doesn't allow you to alter the capture settings like you can with the Hauppauge cards.

I didn't see anything in the V6 announcement about enhanced support for this card. Does anyone have any new information about resolution to either of these issues?

Andy.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

I have a DualTV and have not seen any changes in v6 relating to how it is supported. I have not had to mess with brightness/contrast etc. and I only have one so I really have not paid too much attention to it...

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
There are two current problems: first, that (due to the nVidia drivers) you can't run more than one card in Sage concurrently.
I'd like to point out that you can't run two nVidia cards in any pvr software due to the drivers. I think you know that, but the wording made it sound like a Sage limitation so I just wanted to make sure it was clear for others that read the post.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
I'd like to point out that you can't run two nVidia cards in any pvr software due to the drivers. I think you know that, but the wording made it sound like a Sage limitation so I just wanted to make sure it was clear for others that read the post.
What, really? I thought they released the updated drivers with that fixed...I know we tested them about 6+ months ago and confirmed they worked in SageTV with multiple cards.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

Blade is correct, Narflex. Would you be willing to follow up on this, considering you are 'the' Sage staff executive with the technical prowess that maybe Nvidia will listen to. They would surely get a lot more sales if 2 of their cards could be used in a system without conflict.

-PGPfan
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server
Old 10-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
What, really? I thought they released the updated drivers with that fixed...I know we tested them about 6+ months ago and confirmed they worked in SageTV with multiple cards.
Wow - this is big news. I'd be interested to know if those drivers also exposed the controls mentioned above. If that were so I'd be in hog heaven!

Andy.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
They have never updated their drivers. The original 1.31 drivers that came on the CD are still the only version on their FTP site. Maybe some Sage users should test that version of driver with v6 just to make sure they are OK. It's a tough job but someone has to do it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Sage User

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
They have never updated their drivers. The original 1.31 drivers that came on the CD are still the only version on their FTP site. Maybe some Sage users should test that version of driver with v6 just to make sure they are OK. It's a tough job but someone has to do it.

Gerry
Just tried... Doesn't work.

~ Glen
Old 10-19-2006, 03:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKenny
Just tried... Doesn't work.

~ Glen
I was referencing updated drivers the narflex had access to. Not the original 1.31 version. Are you saying you have access to updated DualTV drivers?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
I was referencing updated drivers the narflex had access to. Not the original 1.31 version. Are you saying you have access to updated DualTV drivers?

Gerry
oh... no. I thought I had 1.33 drivers, but was mistaken. I have the 1.31 drivers installed. No workie even with Sage 6...

~ Glen
Old 12-07-2006, 07:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi guys,

FYI, I just noticed over at PVR Wire that there is an article that talks about using multiple DualTV tuners in BTV. Here is the link. The good news is that the article links to the prerelease drivers for the DualTV on the snapstream site that are supposed to support multiple tuners.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Sage User

It would be interesting to see if this fixes the controls in sage as well.................. I'm gonna have to check it out sometime. I realize we have a workaround for the color control, but the fact that we actually have a confirmed driver from nvidia excites me with possibilities.