SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-17-2007, 05:09 PM
SageTVaholic

I just started using the SageTVService again to see if it had gotten any better in 6.19... and that was a huge mistake. I have had my PC freeze and had to reboot many times. I went back to just using the SageTV application instead of the service and no more lockups.

I don't have HD just record in DVD Standard and the PC Still froze when using the Service.

Edit:

After further Investigation and during the Process of moving files around. I found one recorded file that I could not even move. I kept getting IO error. I tried playing that file in My clients and it was causing the freeze ups. It appears that anytime Sage tried to access that file whether it be to update the DB or update my XML file the PC froze up. So I once again have the Service up and running. I will keep an eye on it.

I did try to move the file using a batch file and even that caused the PC to freeze without Sage even running. So i was too quick to blame Sage.. which was not the problem. I deleted the file and have the Service running.

Last edited by nyplayer; 01-17-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobonut541
I had the same problem while recording '24' hour monday night. The computer reboot 3 times (about 10-20 min into watching after computer boot up) while i was watching and recording 24 hour in HD. I checked the temp on my gpu and cpu. They were not hot so i don't think it is the hardware causing the problem. When i record the show in the background (Ctrl Z), then i did not experience any problem. Then i reinstall v5 back and i did not experience any problem recording and watching American Idol in HD for 2 hour. I never experience any problem with v5. I am now back to v5 until v6 is fixed.

I am a little piss!

Where can I download version 5 ?
Will my version 6 license key let me install version 5?

I need something stable and 6.019 is not as I am having the exact same problems you all mentioned above. Wife wants me to leave Tivo plugged in. So disappointed. I ran Beyond TV for a couple days recording things in HDTV with no problems. I just don't like thier two seperate programs which is why I went with SageTV. But if it isn't reliable, what good is it?

BTW, I am running ATI 9550 w/256MB AGP, ATI 650 HDTV, ECS nForce3-a Mobo w/1.25 GB RAM, 300 GB SATA drive, nVidia PureVideo.

Last edited by astribli; 01-17-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Sage User

Astribli,

Just for craps and giggles, why don't you try what I did, which was to unistall SageTV totally, (delete the directory as well) and try a fresh install with 6.0.18, the latest 6.0.19 (supposedly stable) is where I started having all my problems. For myself, 6.0.18 is the stable version.

Undeadlord
Old 01-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, but where can I download 6.0.18 ?
Old 01-18-2007, 03:56 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI, I'm having the lockup problems that I described above using v6.0.18. I never got around to updating to 6.0.19.