SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinR View Post
If you use comskip monitor you can have it clean up those files when an avi with matching name is no longer present.
I haven't really used Comskip monitor as almost all of my shows are (1) Kids shows from a channel with no commercials or (2) Movies recorded from a movie channel with no commercials.

I see there is also SJQ - what are the pros and cons of SJQ and Comskip Monitor or am I wrong in thinking that they do similar things?
Old 11-02-2008, 10:36 PM
SageTVaholic

There is an option in AutoCompress that says "WaitforComskip" - How does this work and how long does it wait?
Old 11-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
There is an option in AutoCompress that says "WaitforComskip" - How does this work and how long does it wait?
When it's enabled, it doesn't perform the compression until an .edl or .txt is present.

John
Old 11-03-2008, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
When it's enabled, it doesn't perform the compression until an .edl or .txt is present.
And I assume that the compressed files will be encoded without the commercials?
Old 11-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
And I assume that the compressed files will be encoded without the commercials?
No. the compressed files still have commercials, but can still use the .edl or .txt file to skip them.

John
Old 11-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Sage Expert

reposted because of revisions

I'm experiencing the same "Yes" "No" Enable/Disable issue that has been reported. If you DON'T press the button on the small window and just press Close then it changes it. If you DO press the button, you get the opposite choice of what we expect. It 'works', just backwards of what at least two of us were expecting. We were expecting to have to change it and then didn't have to, with the button label giving the opposite impression of what you intended. The first 10 times I read the button as "Disable" (a command) not "DisableD" (the status, which the routine changed without telling us). Don't automatically change it for us and give the button the 'command' label (what it does) not the 'status' label.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedml View Post
reposted because of revisions

I'm experiencing the same "Yes" "No" Enable/Disable issue that has been reported.
Are you in the right thread?

John
Old 11-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Sage Expert

Yes: Auto Compress is still tricky to Enable and Disable because of the way that dialog looks and works.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes: Auto Compress is still tricky to Enable and Disable because of the way that dialog looks and works.
Which dialog?

John
Old 11-11-2008, 01:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'm experiencing the same "Yes" "No" Enable/Disable issue that has been reported.
I can't find anyone else even mentioning this previously.
Quote:
It 'works', just backwards of what at least two of us were expecting. We were expecting to have to change it and then didn't have to, with the button label giving the opposite impression of what you intended. The first 10 times I read the button as "Disable" (a command) not "DisableD" (the status, which the routine changed without telling us).
The button labels are exactly as I intended, they display the current status. It does appear that they do not correspond with your expectation. The state changes when you press the button, and the status displayed on the button changes to the current state. People normally complain of too many dialogs, not too few. I'm not sure in what form you would like to be "told" that the state has changed.
Quote:
Don't automatically change it for us and give the button the 'command' label (what it does) not the 'status' label.
All the buttons within SageTV work the same way as these do. All the switchable state buttons display the current status of the button.

John
Old 11-12-2008, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

For some reason last night Sage was trying to transcode all of my HD-PVR files in one of my Recorded TV folders. I am pretty sure that this was initiated by AutoCompress - any reason why this would happen? I have Sage Recorded TV on my F: and G: drives and for some reason it started trying to compress the HD-PVR files on my F: drive only - the downside is that this was somewhat hogging my CPU resources and causing liveTV playback to be a bit choppy on the HD-PVR tuner.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Sage Icon

Is there a way to convert to Divx? I previously bought the divx mp2 decoder a while back and havn't been using it. I wonder if there is a way to set it up and use it though sage.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes - if you pick MPEG4 as the type it seems to save as DivX or at least Xvid which is pretty much the same.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:33 PM
SageTVaholic

John - Sorry if this is a very elementary question but in order for this import to work what, if anything, do you have to do to ensure that Auto Compress will continue working after you upgrade your version of Sage? Do you have to reload anything? Do you have to be using a specific STV for this to work - I noticed that I have to be using an STV called "SageTV3_withimports_SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI.xml" in order for the Autocompress options to be present in the Favorites/Advanced Options menu. Should that be the case?

It appears that this wasn't quite working properly for me - it was compressing but not deleting the original and not moving folders.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Sage Icon

"SageTV3_withimports_SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI.xml" is the STV name that you end up with when using the plugin manager, so that's good.

When you upgrade SageTV, it automatically does a re-import of everything listed in plugin manager and creates a new "SageTV3_withimports_SAGETV_PROCESS_LOCAL_UI.xml" based on the new default STV, so you don't need to do anything.

I don't think I've change any of the compression logic for some time. I assume you've checked the settings for the favorites that aren't doing what's expected.

I've been meaning to update the scaning code to reduce thedisk/network load, so I'll have a check of the compression logic while I'm doing that.

John
Old 01-02-2009, 03:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks John - I really like the simplicity of your plugin since it is quite easy to configure using the Advanced Option menus. But I am thinking of using SageJobQueue as it should allow me to set up more flexibility with respect to running Comskip and then Compress/Transcode.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Sage Icon

What does "Run Autocompress on this cllient" actually do?

I have only HD Extenders in the house. the server is headless, so to speak. It just sits there but doesn't do any client stuff.

Does this plug-in run on the server, or does it need a PC Client to run it?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell View Post
What does "Run Autocompress on this cllient" actually do?

I have only HD Extenders in the house. the server is headless, so to speak. It just sits there but doesn't do any client stuff.

Does this plug-in run on the server, or does it need a PC Client to run it?
The compressions are run on the server, but it needs a UI with the import installed running somewhere to add the compression jobs to the queue.

"Run Autocompress on this client" was something that got added ages ago that allowed preventing some clients from running the scheduling logic, when I was trying to track down a weird SageTV bug.

John
Old 01-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
The compressions are run on the server, but it needs a UI with the import installed running somewhere to add the compression jobs to the queue.

"Run Autocompress on this client" was something that got added ages ago that allowed preventing some clients from running the scheduling logic, when I was trying to track down a weird SageTV bug.

John

John

Thanks for the reply

So all I really need to do is have one HD Extender turned on and it will work OK?

Thanks

Stacy
Old 01-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell View Post
So all I really need to do is have one HD Extender turned on and it will work OK?
Yes

John